Best Rapper From: New Orleans (Jay Electronica Wins)

Options

Comments

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Jay Electronica
    If you said most successful, I'd give it to that ? ass ? lil wayne. If you said most respected, I'd give it to Soulja Slim or Juve. But if you're saying the best artist period, this goes to Jay Electronica, I have absolutely no respect for Lil wayne, he's a ? and a 5 ft rapper that only raps about eating ? and catching herpes, NO does not respect him and Jay Electronica would eat him alive. Without Master P, there would be no mystikal, let's be real and lil wayne's ? ass trumps mystikal by default but both them ? suck so this easily goes to Jay Electronica, most respected, most talented, most lyrical, dope beats and lyrics and a real ? .

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't and yes I'm ? as ? .
    /thread.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I would take the wayne BEFORE he got locked up over anything else from the N.O. he would of rapped circles around everybody on that list outside of maybe jay elec

I thought this was about overall best rap artist rather than who can out rap who, and was based on things like catalouge, songs, classic albums etc

boosie got 2 classics bad azz and incarcerated are classics imo... and dont get me on songs... dude got classics...

go 2 any hood and drop a random boosie cut... ? gone get live...
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mystikal
    Lmao @ jay elect being most respected hes had minimal success da most overrated rapper on da IC by far
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Electronica
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Lmao @ jay elect being most respected hes had minimal success da most overrated rapper on da IC by far

? what does success has to do with being a good rapper? Lol bruh you just hating period it makes no sense name someone rapping like jay elect from new orleans.....you can't because he's the only super lyrical ? from that area he ain't drop an album yet but when he does it'll be better than most that wack ? that's coming out of that area (aside from curren$y)
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Mystikal

? what does success has to do with being a good rapper? Lol bruh you just hating period it makes no sense name someone rapping like jay elect from new orleans.....you can't because he's the only super lyrical ? from that area he ain't drop an album yet but when he does it'll be better than most that wack ? that's coming out of that area (aside from curren$y)

My thing is u need to accomplish sumthin before u say somebody is da best from a region he has 0 accolades yall ? swear dope lyrics automatically mean he'll drop a dope album, u need more then lyrics to make a dope album matter fact wasnt his album posed to drop in 09? Dat ? ain't neva dropping ?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But Jay Elect is @A1000MILES ahead better than Mystikal ? isnt even a competition honestly. Oh and Spitta is too. Now you can flood my post with your feelings...
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Jay Electronica

My thing is u need to accomplish sumthin before u say somebody is da best from a region he has 0 accolades yall ? swear dope lyrics automatically mean he'll drop a dope album, u need more then lyrics to make a dope album matter fact wasnt his album posed to drop in 09? Dat ? ain't neva dropping ?

Aside he being great on lyrics he makes GOOD music what don't you understand? You keep talking about him not having an album but whenever it drops ? are gonna listen to it sorry this thread bothers you
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Mystikal
    But Jay Elect is @A1000MILES ahead better than Mystikal ? isnt even a competition honestly. Oh and Spitta is too. Now you can flood my post with your feelings...

U haven't listened to mystikal extensively to say some ? like dat anyway numbers dont lie mystikal is a multi plat artist for a reason jay elect doesnt have enough music to run a city
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol...I was like what thread is this...?

Curren$y ain't better than Mystikal...At anything...Jay E, maybe...
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Mystikal

Aside he being great on lyrics he makes GOOD music what don't you understand? You keep talking about him not having an album but whenever it drops ? are gonna listen to it sorry this thread bothers you

Lmao @ whenever it drops yall overrate dis ? so much last time i heard dis dry ass ? he was a forgotten man on da track (control) yet hes so far nd ahead of everyone in da game? nobody outside da IC gives a ? bout jay elect ask dis question in real life nd its a different response easily
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That is true...His control verse was lyrically cool, but quite stale...After the first couple plays, I would skip past Sean and cut that ? off after Kendrick...
  • Sour-Cream
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Jay Electronica

U haven't listened to mystikal extensively to say some ? like dat anyway numbers dont lie mystikal is a multi plat artist for a reason jay elect doesnt have enough music to run a city

Exhibit A:
    I'm effervescent and I'm off that crescent

Exhibit B:
    Man I'm the only mother-? ' black prince of the south
    So ba-ba-balubop, ? watch out
    I make yo' momma sake a tell feather
    Don't tell yo' daddy that I'm here, cause you know I make him feel great
    Gone get yo' sex, you just turn me on
    While he down there quotin bed, I know you not gone sing that song
    I hit the chart enough to move off, my homie cool off, before you knows ??
    I give it to him and this ? can't handle
    Or ugly jealous mother-? this ? jammin'
    Ridiculous amounts of raw uncut talent
    On top of 8th street kicks Indiana
    No callin' me big bucks no wammies
    This year I'm screamin' Jive Records Big Truck ? Damn it
    Heads up high enough so you can move
    Rank CEO slash Rapper, slash fool

kd-lebron-stare-kevin-durant-gifs.gif
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Jay Electronica
    Bruh, if that's your idea of dope lyrics, KYS.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Jay Electronica
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    That is true...His control verse was lyrically cool, but quite stale...After the first couple plays, I would skip past Sean and cut that ? off after Kendrick...

True but they recorded it without hearing each other verses. If Jay heard Kendrick spit, I'm sure he would've tried to match it and even that short verse murdered Big Sean's wack ass lyrics.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mac da best then bg juvie slim and Wayne
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Mystikal
    Bruh, if that's your idea of dope lyrics, KYS.

Ur postin tarantula his worst album i see wat ur trynna do, i dropped links in here earlier check out whatcha think then come back to me
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't wanna have to say this but..... Mystekal is trash. Sorry.
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Jay Electronica
    If you listen to jeff axel rapping you clearly tell he's inspired by mystikal so I understand why he likes that loud ass ?
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    I don't see how anyone is voting in any other direction then Jay Elec, strictly 05-08 Wayne, or Currensy. That's literally it. They are the only ? on that list with a spec of mass appeal, decent to pro lyricism, flow, and compelling content laced over drawing beats.

I'm really curious as to how you other guys, voting in different directions are coming to your conclusions.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Electronica
    ? IS SO DUMB THOUGH.YA HIGH ON THE PIPE THOUGH.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    smh @ a ? with no albums winning over ? who have been in the game for decades with classic albums. Gotta love the reason
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juvenile
    Da Riddler wrote: »
    smh @ a ? with no albums winning over ? who have been in the game for decades with classic albums. Gotta love the reason

kobe.gif
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    Even if u dont like lil wayne, 400 degreez, guerilla warfare? Yes, classic albums
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juvenile
    His best album is Carter 2.

wayne has no classics
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    I said ? , not just wayne. Juvie, slim, mystikal.
This discussion has been closed.