Create Your Own Label Sign Ups [2014 Edition] Vol. 2: 12 player game, 3 spots open

Options

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    You should change them because their wack. Straight up no diss. Was that not obvious when I said you should change them & start new?

You're a nets fan tho...

So ? your opinion

No diss

jags.gif

Thats your rebuttal?? You're in for another 1st round EXIT easy.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should change them because their wack. Straight up no diss. Was that not obvious when I said you should change them & start new?

You're a nets fan tho...

So ? your opinion

No diss

jags.gif

You will never see a championship season from your team as long as the human race exists
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited January 2014
    Options

You're a nets fan tho...

So ? your opinion

No diss

jags.gif

You will never see a championship season from your team as long as the human race exists

And you will never win this game as long as the human race exists.
    The end.

164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    The new rules are interesting tho this stuck out to me:

Players can now give ONE artist on their roster a label. Only tier 1 & 2 artist can have their own label. Once you give a artist a label, you will have to change your original label name and logo. You will now be doing business from the artist point of view.

@GovernmentCheese

Iuno bout the underlined..... I have something huge I'm planning in my mind I wanna do up for my label but iuno bout the underlined fam. Cuz let's say I have Eminem, Dr.Dre and 50 Cent and manage to get Banks and Yayo right and I give 50 Cent a label, you saying I'd have to change up my entire situation and make G-Unit with Eminem and Dr.Dre as artists under 50 Cent ? Is there another incentive cuz it seems like it's only 1 rapper that could do it exactly like that and effectively get away with it whereby with others it'd be detrimental to them. Otherwise why not have them on there as an unofficial label ?

@Sion

Sup bro, I see what you mean . I'll fix that up. Players can keep the original label name and logo but have to still come up with a name for the label given to the tier 1 or 2 artist. So the label name don't have to change.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    So that means we'd have to draft for 2 labels?
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Yo this ? 's sig lmao
  • GovernmentCheese
    Options
    So that means we'd have to draft for 2 labels?

@icebergtaylor if you want to. Once you have a couple of signings under your belt, you can let me know which artist you want on your artist label. (Through Pm or in a post) For ex. If you get Kanye and decide to give him your version of Good Music. You'll probably bid on artist Kid Cudiand Big Sean to put under Ye's label. You can end up being a powerhouse with 2 cohesive strong labels if things are done right.

• GovernmentCheese
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yo this ? 's sig lmao

AP101119034482-1.jpg

3c0ba51d_jay-z-skratt.jpeg
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This sounds great but I'd have to see it play out cause I'm having trouble conceptualizing

Mainly the trades and bids and judging aspect

Also when u say use Jay Z that's the person who won the bid? So are u allowed to make more than one album for one artist or was it a case of not putting Jay on enough projects of other label members
  • GovernmentCheese
    edited January 2014
    Options
    This sounds great but I'd have to see it play out cause I'm having trouble conceptualizing

Mainly the trades and bids and judging aspect

Also when u say use Jay Z that's the person who won the bid? So are u allowed to make more than one album for one artist or was it a case of not putting Jay on enough projects of other label members

You should definitely play but yeah, you're allowed to make more than one album for one Artist. I think some players felt that Jay Z wasn't used enough as in they could've done more with him on their label. And yeah, the person using jay is the one that won the bid. Other players would have to buy jay features from the label he's on by giving that label points or working out a deal.

Bidding during the auction. Every label starts with 300 M, you bid from low amounts like 1M....2m...9M then work your way up. I post a picture of a artist and that's when the bidding starts. If I post up Kanye , theres a high chance that a bidding war will start and bids will go up to 100 M and up. After about 15 Min. The best bid will seal the deal and get Kanye signed to the players label.
    Trades are simple, you can make deals with other labels. You can include money, beats, features, and points in your trades.

For ex. Player A trade Drake to Label B for Lil Wayne and 8 M

You have to mention me in the PM or post you made the deal in so I can keep it as proof.

Your label will be judged on it's cohesion, future success, longevity. Will judgesoom at your label and see a empire like Death Row Records....or a Graveyard like Koch Records?

Hope you sign up, you'll catch on to things quick.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sign me up as a participant Cheese, I see everybody sleeping on this game again, even with the acclaim it received during the End Years
  • GovernmentCheese
    Options
    Yeah, it is getting slept on but it's all good. I need at least 3 more posters join to make it a 12 player game. I wouldn't mind doing a 10 player game but I think 12 is better.
  • GovernmentCheese
    edited January 2014
    Options
    bump for me sign ups
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @GovernmentCheese I sent out 4 ? , 2 of which will most likely join.
    MadSirius wrote: »
    Sign me up as a participant Cheese, I see everybody sleeping on this game again, even with the acclaim it received during the End Years

Got dayum & you know what my plan is :( maaaaaannnnn this isn't FAIR LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. It's all good tho I'll have to make changes.
    Aye please don't throw a wrench in my plans fam :(

Awww ? .. you right homie. Damn. I know too much. Lol.. Nah, I have a different game plan then you, so we shouldn't have no issues, lmao
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Did this ? say he already made covers? LMAO! ? setting himself up
  • GovernmentCheese
    edited January 2014
    Options
    After going over the new label addition I realized - ? , yo @GovernmentCheese is a genius, the new idea to have sub labels is brilliant cuz check it right - it now gives the tier 3 & 4 artists significant value, cuz essentially you don't need a top biller to win now which is better and makes things very interesting. You could have a tier 2 artist or a ? like T.I. and just scoop up younger talent and create an extensive sub label using them.

So long as you can make the right cohesive mixes, don't ? up track lists, got dope covers you'll always hit for critical acclaim, longevity, cohesion and covers. The beauty tho is that now judges gotta weigh what the WHOLE label including what the sub labels would sell. Everyone can't have Eminem but if you've got at least a consistent artist like a Rick Ross, MMG and decide to make Dreamchasers ENT, and get DJ Khaled and add his label too and expand from there it makes things very very interesting. Plus tier 3 and 4 artists don't go for much and there's still the free man pick up drafts too. All things going right this should be the most challenging game yet.

I CAN'T WAIT !!!!

@sion

Thanks bro, just something to make the game more realistic. You can end up having two empires but of course, you'll have to end up making sure both labels are cohesive. Two bad labels can get swept by a player that has one GOAT label. It's all about strategy, can't wait for the game to start. Thanks for getting posters to join, they can drop their label name in here or pm me if they're interested.

• _Menace_
    Options
    Sion really not playing around.

already made covers?

• IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Sion didnt make covers. Not to my knowledge. Some other dude dropped in and said he wants to play and has ready made covers. LOL ? dont even know who he's gonna have on his roster.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    new to this ? but im interested.

head of GameFace Winnertainment signing in
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm down, sign me up
  • GovernmentCheese
    Options
    Alright, there's enough people now. What's a good day and time for ya'll to get things started? I was thinking tomorrow night.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    monday works for me too
  • _Menace_
    Options
    So are we staying with 300ms or getting 500ms?
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    y'all ain't even hip to this that here

Nobody knows what you're talking about.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just to make sure i understand the new label thing, its something like how cash money has wayne, but wayne became a superstar and started young money under that?