Age Of The Robot

Kliimaxx
Kliimaxx Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
iRobot_G_01.jpg

[img][/img]4i1slv.jpg

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Powerful thread...the robot age is already here. There's a reason so many jobs are low wage these days.
  • kingblaze84
    All those fast food workers are gonna be in for a shock when those robots start taking those jobs....the days they made $7.25 an hour will be seen as the good old days within 5-10 years, maybe sooner. I hear Burger King is already boosting up its machinery to make it faster for food to be made, without humans.....ya'll better start learning a trade and quick cuz its gonna get ugly for millions of people out there
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the topic. Kinda ? I elevate too when I get some good liqour in me. Look no further than Walmart to witness the transition. they got 30 ? isles but only have 5 open. that's by design. the robots will fill those spots and when they need assistance, they will turn on the light and walk away from the cash register and oooohhhbbooooy!!!!!!....lol..IT'S GOING DOWN!!!!!
  • kingblaze84
    CVS and some other stores are already getting rid of their cashiers and replacing them with card machines that can talk and everything. ? is crazy. I'm a paralegal and thankful no machine can do what I do....yet.

What are all the young, unskilled people gonna do for a living when all the burger flipper jobs are replaced by a robot that's not asking for 15 an hour??
  • Kliimaxx
    edited January 2014
    In the U.K supermarkets already have these scanning machines, where the customer can scan and pay the machine themselves instead of being served by a cashier,

article-2151408-0ACB1B07000005DC-195_468x306.jpgat

So everybody can bet that they will very soon be replaced by machines
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? , you ? are ? out of luck. Too bad robots cannot be gods muwhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CVS and some other stores are already getting rid of their cashiers and replacing them with card machines that can talk and everything. ? is crazy. I'm a paralegal and thankful no machine can do what I do....yet.

What are all the young, unskilled people gonna do for a living when all the burger flipper jobs are replaced by a robot that's not asking for 15 an hour??

I'm surprised you weren't replaced already.

Armies of Expensive Lawyers, Replaced by Cheaper Software

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/05/science/05legal.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
    When five television studios became entangled in a Justice Department antitrust lawsuit against CBS, the cost was immense. As part of the obscure task of “discovery” — providing documents relevant to a lawsuit — the studios examined six million documents at a cost of more than $2.2 million, much of it to pay for a platoon of lawyers and paralegals who worked for months at high hourly rates.

But that was in 1978. Now, thanks to advances in artificial intelligence, “e-discovery” software can analyze documents in a fraction of the time for a fraction of the cost. In January, for example, Blackstone Discovery of Palo Alto, Calif., helped analyze 1.5 million documents for less than $100,000.
  • Kliimaxx
    edited January 2014
    Think this is something what's been thought about a long time, and to make robots look more human. Like when you look at these films or show's ,even from the 80's

2l2ihf.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyBifoZRuKqSw2UVf0bQEkt-6uLnvjCTgx_w866uzUFz7L6s9F

image_medium.jpg?1340699126

[img][/img]2lidc05.jpg
  • kingblaze84
    Kliimaxx wrote: »
    In the U.K supermarkets already have these scanning machines, where the customer can scan and pay the machine themselves instead of being served by a cashier,

Damn exactly what I was talking about
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    FuriousOne wrote: »

When five television studios became entangled in a Justice Department antitrust lawsuit against CBS, the cost was immense. As part of the obscure task of “discovery” — providing documents relevant to a lawsuit — the studios examined six million documents at a cost of more than $2.2 million, much of it to pay for a platoon of lawyers and paralegals who worked for months at high hourly rates.

But that was in 1978. Now, thanks to advances in artificial intelligence, “e-discovery” software can analyze documents in a fraction of the time for a fraction of the cost. In January, for example, Blackstone Discovery of Palo Alto, Calif., helped analyze 1.5 million documents for less than $100,000.

FML.....I better save up all the cash I can get. Technically, this would also mean accountants are ? too, if not more so. Worse comes to worse I'll train myself to build these robotic machines (in my dreams)
  • Jabu_Rule

FML.....I better save up all the cash I can get. Technically, this would also mean accountants are ? too, if not more so. Worse comes to worse I'll train myself to build these robotic machines (in my dreams)

I work in IT and things like the Cloud are slowly eroding all support jobs. I tried to warn folks but they told me my job was the safest. LOL. Hopefully all this automation will make things cheaper and we only have to worry about how we are going to entertain ourselves.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014

I work in IT and things like the Cloud are slowly eroding all support jobs. I tried to warn folks but they told me my job was the safest. LOL. Hopefully all this automation will make things cheaper and we only have to worry about how we are going to entertain ourselves.

All this automation will make things cheaper, and workers more expendable. There's gonna be a lot more worrying in the future then entertainment worries that's for sure....
  • kingblaze84
    Maybe all this automation is the reason so few jobs were added in December....74K SMH....a record # are also dropping out the labor force, 92 million are not in it anymore. Some are retirees but most aren't cuz if people are retiring so much, more jobs should be open..........

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-10/people-not-labor-force-soar-record-918-million-participation-rate-plunges-1978-level

People Not In Labor Force Soar To Record 91.8 Million; Participation Rate Plunges To 1978 Levels

Not%20in%20Labor%20Force%20Dec.jpg
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2014

All this automation will make things cheaper, and workers more expendable. There's gonna be a lot more worrying in the future then entertainment worries that's for sure....

If things are cheaper and easier to produce, then we will not have to worry about larger incomes other then a basic income for basic necessities. There will be growing pains before we get to that point. For instance, they are researching ways to make homes with a 3D printer that will bring cost down dramatically while eliminating construction jobs of course.

http://www.businessinsider.com/3d-printer-builds-house-in-24-hours-2014-1
    At The University of Southern California, Professor Behrokh Khoshnevis has built a colossal 3D printer that can build a house in 24 hours. Khoshnevis's robot comes equipped with a nozzle that spews out concrete and can build a home based on a set computer pattern.

contour-crafting-1.png
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubstep is the music of mindless androids
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubstep is the music of mindless androids

The got rid of instruments in schools, of course they going to promote dubstep and other mindless kinds of music. Hell, the concept of a 'job' is going to be a thing of the past in another 30 years. They are machines that are currently being developed to FIX other machines. That's right: a machine made to fix and troubleshoot other machines. Even IT workers are at risk.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? that´s good ? .Value is going to 0.Everything is going to be free.We will be just meditating all Day.Now if them robots get a conscious then we ? .
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kliimaxx wrote: »

they have these self-serve machines in the US too at many stores

I purposely avoid them cause they eliminate the jobs of 4 cashiers SMH