PlayStation Now! streaming coming soon (PS3, PS2, PS games on PS4, Tablets, PCs, TV, Phone, etc)

KillaCham
KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
edited June 2014 in IllGaming
This discussion was created from comments split from: The Official Playstation 4 Release Thread.

Comments

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

PlayStation Now Streaming Game Service Coming this Summer

PS Now

Today, at CES 2014 in Las Vegas, we announced that PlayStation Now (PS Now), our new streaming game service, will be available in the US this summer. With PlayStation Now, you will be able to stream popular hits and classic games from the PS3 library, first on PS4 and PS3 systems, followed by PS Vita.

In addition to PlayStation platforms, most 2014 US models of Sony’s BRAVIA TV lineup will support PS Now. Eventually the service will expand beyond PlayStation platforms and Sony devices, allowing you to stream PlayStation games across a broad range of Internet-connected devices.

Leveraging Gaikai’s advanced cloud-based technology, PlayStation Now will allow you to:

- Play video games instantly across multiple devices, similar to the way you might stream TV, movies, and music.
    - Stream full games to all of your compatible PlayStation devices including PS4, PS3, and PlayStation Vita as well as non-PlayStation devices, beginning with 2014 BRAVIA TV models and expanding to numerous other Internet-connected devices.
    - Always play the most updated version of your game. With games hosted in the cloud, you can take your game with you – just log in with your Sony Entertainment Network account on a compatible device and your games and saved progress will be easily available.

We want to offer you choice when it comes to how you want to access content on PS Now, so you will be able to rent by title for specific games you are interested in. We’ll also offer a subscription that will enable you to explore a range of titles.

PS Now will begin a Beta program in the US at the end of January with an expected full roll-out in the US this summer. Be sure to check the PlayStation.Blog regularly for more updates on the PS Now service.
  • KillaCham
    edited January 2014
    PlayStation Now really works!
    268582-new.jpg
    I just had my first hands on with the newly announced PlayStation Now streaming service here at CES 2014, and I'm here to tell you that it seems to work beautifully.

It took me several minutes to wrap my head around that I was playing a perfect copy of The Last of Us on the Vita on the CES show floor. It was exactly like a Remote Play experience, complete with triggers being mapped to the rear pad. Gameplay was very responsive and completely lag free. Sony told us that a Gaikai server from down the hall was running the game.

What's neat is that multiplayer works between proper console games and cloud games. I learned that Sony was testing Journey with console players with them having no idea they were paired with cloud players.

Sony is also showing PS3 game Puppeteer being played via the cloud on a Bravia television. Again, this works flawlessly. It looked maybe a bit less impressive than the Vita experience, but still great.

We are hoping to try out tablet and smartphone play soon. Stay tuned.

PlayStation Now really works! - Destructoid

PlayStation Now hands-on: you'll never think of gaming the same way again
    11uvslv.png
    Sony has finally spilled the details on its Gaikai-powered streaming service PlayStation Now, and we wasted no time in giving it a try. PlayStation Now lets owners of Sony hardware (including PS4, PS3, Vita, and Bravia TVs) stream some of the company's greatest games — all from the cloud. The demo at Sony's CES show booth features four titles, including The Last of Us, ? of War: Ascension, Beyond: Two Souls, and Puppeteer. All running on a Bravia HDTV. All running without a PlayStation 3 anywhere in sight. For our demo, we first booted up ? of War. The game's loading time left a bit to be desired, but once it was running, things went on without a hitch. Yes, there's a slightly perceptible lag between button presses and a corresponding action on screen, but we still managed to slay numerous enemies in ? of War's brutal style without it being a problem.

The Last of Us was just as impressive. In terms of graphics, the experience isn't perfectly on par with what you'd get from a PS3, but Sony emphasized that everything will depend on your bandwidth. When you start PlayStation Now, it will perform a connection check and warn you if your session will be hampered by slow data speeds. We noticed some visual artifacts on screen, but the opportunity to play full-fledged PS3 game on a TV screen sans any console should make up for that in the minds of many. And it delivers at least some form of backwards compatibility to PS4 owners. We can't wait to spend more time with PlayStation Now in the weeks and months to come.

PlayStation Now hands-on: you'll never think of gaming the same way again | The Verge
  • KillaCham
    Time to get your Vitas, people.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never buy a Vita. Since I didn't have a PS3 though I will use the ? out of this service eventually on PS4.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? will be GOAT

How much y'all think the subscription will cost?
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is dope as long as its not an additional service charge.. i def want to play last of us
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    But but guys.. X box one can be talked to

Ya'll cats just can't help yourselves huh? lol
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is dope as long as its not an additional service charge.. i def want to play last of us

You could play The Last of Us on the PS3 right now. Since the 360 has been dead for over 3 years I would have expected that you already completed TLoU.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    But but guys.. X box one can be talked to

It can, but it can only understand limited commands. It's basically a ? .
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "xbox stream"

*error*
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...I noticed it only said US tho...any word on when this will be rolled out to the important part of the world i.e UK?

INB4 "? tea and crumpets ass ? "

Lol
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Wow...I noticed it only said US tho...any word on when this will be rolled out to the important part of the world i.e UK?

Lol

lol FOH ?

pip pip cheerio!

nah but seriously, likely late 2014. Im actually shocked theyre rolling it out so soon in the US.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying a vita and ps4 soon
  • Broddie
    edited January 2014

Lol

LOL The UK is only important on your side of the pond. The rest of the world just laughs at your expense. You guys are to the rest of the world what Canada is to the United States.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Karl.

Lol

Eat a spotted ? !

Nah, Cosign.
  • Karl.
    Broddie wrote: »

Lol

LOL The UK is only important on your side of the pond. The rest of the world just laughs at your expense. You guys are to the rest of the world what Canada is to the United States.

Americans as people are the butt of many, many jokes. You're like a spoof race/culture.
  • Broddie
    Karl. wrote: »

Lol

Americans as people are the butt of many, many jokes. You're like a spoof race/culture.

America is a farce but I still love it because it provides a lot of laughs in my everyday life. Even if the self absorbed idiots have no clue what I'm actually laughing at. The one great thing about America is too many idiots don't read enough to know better so you almost feel like Neo in The Matrix and start manipulating ? not just at home but at work and at school etc.

• The Lonious Monk

Lol

Lucky for us, one of the reasons why the rest of the world hates us is because we don't give a ? about the rest of the world and what they think. Not necessarily a good thing, but in this case...
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol

Lucky for us, one of the reasons why the rest of the world hates us is because we don't give a ? about the rest of the world and what they think. Not necessarily a good thing, but in this case...

Nah bro ....... it's bad when 3rd World countries and starving nations laugh at you .......... Dennis Rodman got North Korea laughing at America ...... that's bad.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol

This is true .......... Canada gets more respect
  • The Lonious Monk
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Lol

Nah bro ....... it's bad when 3rd World countries and starving nations laugh at you .......... Dennis Rodman got North Korea laughing at America ...... that's bad.

Yeah that's bad. So bad that the average American spends exact zero seconds of their day giving a ? about it while they go through their days wasting ? that the people in those starving nations would probably ? their mothers for. Yeah, if it's all the same to you, I'll stay on this side of that equation.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great service. Hopefully the libraries for PS1 and PS2 are extensive.

Looking at the last how many posts, you guys talking about Canada this, U.S. that., U.K. this. It's so sad when I see black people getting caught up in that nonsense. In the grand scheme of things there really isn't any hope for humans at all.