The last thing we need is another FPS, but...

The Lonious Monk
The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in IllGaming

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last thing we need is another Fps? foh with that nonsense.

Been waiting for games to get on this level graphic wise.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Game Mechanics & Fun Factor >>>> Graphics. But If they can make it fun and balanced with these graphics. I would be interested.
  • The Lonious Monk
    How is it nonsense? Every other game that comes out is a FPS, so it's not exactly a genre that's hurting for representation like say jRPGs and even Fighting Games at this point.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks more like a tech demo. Is it from a game?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What i always wanted

When a player begins a single-player mission, others can join the quest as enemy players. This means players will never know if their foes are humans or NPCs, Farm 51 said, which should heighten the feeling of suspense.

Never liked mini -maps or blips/radar in competitive shooters..
  • northside7
    A Fps fan. They can keep dropping them as far as I'm concerned. Keep the masses upset.

I never knew there was a shortage of RPGs. News to me.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Karl. wrote: »
    That looks more like a tech demo. Is it from a game?

Hard to tell. They attached it to the story, so it might be from the game or it could just be a tech demo displaying their intent for the game. The game is several months into development so I'm sure they've put that type of work into the game already.
    northside7 wrote: »
    A Fps fan. They can keep dropping them as far as I'm concerned. Keep the masses upset.

I like FPS games to, but it seems to me like you'd like a few good and different FPS games out there rather than a bunch of mediocre clones.

And yeah, old school turnbased jRPGs are pretty much dead. Even Square doesn't really make them anymore. The "Tales of" series is about the only consistent series out there.
  • northside7
    northside7 wrote: »

I like FPS games to, but it seems to me like you'd like a few good and different FPS games out there rather than a bunch of mediocre clones.

And yeah, old school turnbased jRPGs are pretty much dead. Even Square doesn't really make them anymore. The "Tales of" series is about the only consistent series out there.

@ the bold, yes. imo people complain to damn much about CoD. For a series that releases games every other year to every two years, it sure catches a lot of flack. It's not the benchmark, so people need to stop crying.

The golden era for RPGs was during the SNES and Playstation days, especially for playstation.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Looks like those are in game graphics, not just a tech demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGOVpAt5byw
  • Jewpac
    Jewpac Members Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Looks like a Getting Up sequel