How Do You Communicate to the Youngstas They Need to Start Giving a F

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in The Social Lounge
This basically a spin off to this thread, http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/496273/when-will-? -start-giving-an-f/p1. Like Whitney's dope fiend ass said in that song so many years ago, I believe that children are the future, but ? , these young muthafuckas keep perpetuating the cycle. Doing things like not taking education seriously, seeing criminality as a viable vocation, joining gangs because it's cool and popular, drinkin lean because their favorite rapper does so, and the thing that stays having ? ? in the game, black women's willingness to have babies with any and everybody.

How do us, older cats communicate to the younger generation, that need to either

A) Go to college, not only to get a degree, but to build a social network that can used for other things, (e.g. business contacts,)

B) Join the military to learn a job skill and see other places in the word.

C) Put together viable business plans so we can get away from this "get-a-good-job-with-in-public-sector-or-a big-corporation-with-benefits," mindset.

Comments

• twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    A) Go to college, not only to get a degree, but to build a social network that can used for other things, (e.g. business contacts,)

^^ Way too late for this one. OG's gotta compete with Reality TV now. so promotin' college and networkin' are two foreign words to the new youngstaz.

BEST idea. Ship the wild ass fools off to the militray. Discipline and hopefully a war will skim a few off the pile upon their return home to society to be productive.

C) Put together viable business plans so we can get away from this "get a good job with in public sector or a big corporation with benefits mindset.

Welfare already filled that void of self-empowerment a long ass time ago. the fix is in already.

___In conclusion, You get a 2.5 rating (C+) for your efforts in trying to help the useless eaters, but don't worry, attrition will correct the mess in due time. just keep living playboy.
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »

^^ Way too late for this one. OG's gotta compete with Reality TV now. so promotin' college and networkin' are two foreign words to the new youngstaz.

BEST idea. Ship the wild ass fools off to the militray. Discipline and hopefully a war will skim a few off the pile upon their return home to society to be productive.

C) Put together viable business plans so we can get away from this "get a good job with in public sector or a big corporation with benefits mindset.

Welfare already filled that void of self-empowerment a long ass time ago. the fix is in already.

___In conclusion, You get a 2.5 rating (C+) for your efforts in trying to help the useless eaters, but don't worry, attrition will correct the mess in due time. just keep living playboy.

So basically, you're agree with me in that you feel a lot of these ? are just gone to the game, so "? 'em," and be on the look out for like minded individuals who are respective to your words of wisdom and mentroship?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems many of these younger kids have given up on legal hustles and it's hard to blame them. Not many jobs pay well these days so a lot wana sell ? or ? to get by. The only thing we can do really is try to be good role models to the young around us and emphasize the importance of education. I learned early growing up some people just can't be saved with the huge amount of bad parents out there. Parents gotta do a better job, only so much teachers and regular people can do
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First thing you can do is be the example you tryna set.

Second thing you can do is get them into reading and doing positive activities. Not just sports but a lot of other activities that help expand their horizons and piques their interests.

Third thing is listen to what they want to do and then help them grow and cultivate their ideas. A lot of kids want to do different things but folks are too focused on what they want the kid to do and not on doing what the kid wants to do.
  • twatgetta
    Options

So basically, you're agree with me in that you feel a lot of these ? are just gone to the game, so "? 'em," and be on the look out for like minded individuals who are respective to your words of wisdom and mentroship?

Pretty much. I mean why bother? the chains of slavery fell off physically a long time ago. the mental part is up to each individual to conquer. if your ass can't snap out of it by now, you gone get left behind. ? it. only the strong survive.
  • twatgetta
    edited January 2014
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    First thing you can do is be the example you tryna set.

Second thing you can do is get them into reading and doing positive activities. Not just sports but a lot of other activities that help expand their horizons and piques their interests.

Third thing is listen to what they want to do and then help them grow and cultivate their ideas. A lot of kids want to do different things but folks are too focused on what they want the kid to do and not on doing what the kid wants to do.

1. Impossible to do when you're competing with the TV, Internet, Ipad and Iphones

2. Impossible to do when a NFL-WR makes more money than a History teacher. midsguided idolatry taints.

3. All they want is more APPS, RAM and Gigabytes for their Iphones and Ipads. the Robots have won.

Welcome to 1984
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Got dayuum no mercy for these silly ? lol @twatgetta but you are probably right.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not much you can do if they can't see legal success and the means to achieve it in their face daily. There's always gonna be some in the worse situations that succeed no matter what, but as for the other 95% they have to see brothers, fathers, uncles and everyone they know succeeding and waking up every morning going to work so that they will feel like a ? being the only one they know of asking for money, a place to sleep, having no job that they can feel guiltless speaking of in public, etc,etc. That's number 1. If ain't none of that available then you are just throwing a quarter in a wishing well and maybe hoping for the best; but that's not useless. Other words get that kid out of that situation and take him to trade schools and find a student there who might have a similar background as the kid and ask that student to talk to the kid for about 20 minutes. Take that kid to factories where people work, AT&T, Coca-Cola Factory tours, a newsstation, anywhere where there's a corporate job or real job with benefits and skills field. Let that kid see it. Then after he sees all that take his ass to a college, so he can see that most of those people with those jobs have a degree. Then take the young one to a prison (they always let the youth in) and let him see how it looks there. From one institution to the next; after all that man....good luck bc if it's not easily attainable for him in his community then it will be extra hard
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    Not much you can do if they can't see legal success and the means to achieve it in their face daily. There's always gonna be some in the worse situations that succeed no matter what, but as for the other 95% they have to see brothers, fathers, uncles and everyone they know succeeding and waking up every morning going to work so that they will feel like a ? being the only one they know of asking for money, a place to sleep, having no job that they can feel guiltless speaking of in public, etc,etc. That's number 1. If ain't none of that available then you are just throwing a quarter in a wishing well and maybe hoping for the best; but that's not useless. Other words get that kid out of that situation and take him to trade schools and find a student there who might have a similar background as the kid and ask that student to talk to the kid for about 20 minutes. Take that kid to factories where people work, AT&T, Coca-Cola Factory tours, a newsstation, anywhere where there's a corporate job or real job with benefits and skills field. Let that kid see it. Then after he sees all that take his ass to a college, so he can see that most of those people with those jobs have a degree. Then take the young one to a prison (they always let the youth in) and let him see how it looks there. From one institution to the next; after all that man....good luck bc if it's not easily attainable for him in his community then it will be extra hard

Great post bro....if more parents did ? like this society would be in great shape. Hopefully some younger people and parents read this
  • twatgetta
    Options
    @EmperorRises

I'm just tired bruh. I used to be a Big Brother counselor and these lil ? ain't listenin' mane, they used to ask me how to score weed and other dirt...they ? for criminality because they Parents ain't ? and don't raise em. It's a lost cause...if the Parents can't reach em, what the ? can I do, really?
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    @EmperorRises

I'm just tired bruh. I used to be a Big Brother counselor and these lil ? ain't listenin' mane, they used to ask me how to score weed and other dirt...they ? for criminality because they Parents ain't ? and don't raise em. It's a lost cause...if the Parents can't reach em, what the ? can I do, really?

^^^^ That's some cold ? .
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its too late for most of them, we gotta worry about the ones under 5 and unborn, society's culture will not allow for meaningful reformation for those who think ignorance is a government given liberty
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    show them the results of success.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

I used to think this works but it doesn't. I was at a party this weekend, surrounded by regular people like myself but many young people involved in a life of crime also (I was invited by a gang leader I've known for several years).

All the gang bangers there, most of whom I know, always told me they hated school and don't trust society's way of doing things cuz they know people lose their jobs. They see I'm doing fairly well and more then once they've asked for my help in getting legal gigs but they don't wana EARN their way to getting there. They don't wanna go to college or a technical school cuz they think it takes too long or they just want the easy way of making money, selling drugs and robbing gas stations (others have more ruthless hustles). I said too much already. Laziness is a SERIOUS issue in our community.

The gang leader I mentioned (he's a Blood) has zero patience for school and working underneath another person, and many younger people are too. It's all cuz their parents did a bad job growing up, I can tell stories for days how bad their parents were (their siblings getting taking way by ACS due to lack of food, etc). Showing these kids the results of success can work with some (works great with females), but it don't work with most who are lost. If anything, it makes them wana hustle illegally even more. Just my experience though and I'm 29......
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sheeit i told the lil dumb ? in my hood keep your credit good, move to denver and get a weed selling permit $40000 open up legal shop and get back.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I used to think this works but it doesn't. I was at a party this weekend, surrounded by regular people like myself but many young people involved in a life of crime also (I was invited by a gang leader I've known for several years).

All the gang bangers there, most of whom I know, always told me they hated school and don't trust society's way of doing things cuz they know people lose their jobs. They see I'm doing fairly well and more then once they've asked for my help in getting legal gigs but they don't wana EARN their way to getting there. They don't wanna go to college or a technical school cuz they think it takes too long or they just want the easy way of making money, selling drugs and robbing gas stations (others have more ruthless hustles). I said too much already. Laziness is a SERIOUS issue in our community.

The gang leader I mentioned (he's a Blood) has zero patience for school and working underneath another person, and many younger people are too. It's all cuz their parents did a bad job growing up, I can tell stories for days how bad their parents were (their siblings getting taking way by ACS due to lack of food, etc). Showing these kids the results of success can work with some (works great with females), but it don't work with most who are lost. If anything, it makes them wana hustle illegally even more. Just my experience though and I'm 29......

How is that laziness? Try to understand their circumstances before you come to black and white conclusions. Living a life of crime is one of the hardest things a person can do. That ? is anything but easy. It takes a great mind and a very determined individual to actually make it through the illegal path. It's also risky as ? and takes bravery, networking skills, and risk aversion.

... They probably don't want to go to college or technical school because it's still not a guaranteed way of being successful. You can finish school and still come out jobless, except now you're in debt SMH. Most people are gang bangers because they grew up in that life. If they're around your age of 30 and have been living a life a crime, they probably didn't graduate high school, and they sure as hell didn't take high school serious enough to get accepted into college.

What you need to do is put them on to good jobs that don't require a college degree like truck driving or depending on how their funds look, help them to look at starting their own small business if they have a talent.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This basically a spin off to this thread, http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/496273/when-will-? -start-giving-an-f/p1. Like Whitney's dope fiend ass said in that song so many years ago, I believe that children are the future, but ? , these young muthafuckas keep perpetuating the cycle. Doing things like not taking education seriously, seeing criminality as a viable vocation, joining gangs because it's cool and popular, drinkin lean because their favorite rapper does so, and the thing that stays having ? ? in the game, black women's willingness to have babies with any and everybody.

How do us, older cats communicate to the younger generation, that need to either

C) Put together viable business plans so we can get away from this "get-a-good-job-with-in-public-sector-or-a big-corporation-with-benefits," mindset.

The college plan? Good but college is expensive these days. And too many people make a big deal about merely going to college but not enough about going, staying, and graduating. It's one thing to go, and it's an entirely other to graduate. Education needs to be emphasized even before pre-K. The nation's school system needs to change as well of course.

I understand the military plan, but is it worth the risk of one's life and mental health?

I like the business plan. I'm all for legal hustling and making a way for yourself, but the nation's economic policy needs to change.

It's imperative that young kids need direction but not when they're in high school, but when they're about one. Sadly enough, some young buls are just far too gone, and there's very little anybody can do. You can't save everyone.

Mental illness is also a pink elephant that more people need to pay attention to, especially when you're talking about debilitating conditions that run through family generations.
  • twatgetta
    Options

NFL and NBA
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There problem is that they were shown the results of positive success too late and shown the results of negative success too early.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not that hard really. You can sit them down and talk to them and if you come at them in a real and honest way they'll listen. The problem is, you're just one voice. If you say one thing to them, but everyone else in their lives say the opposite, the likelihood that what you say will be the thing that sticks is low.
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
    All you can do is hope that words that you instill will be adhered to
  • kingblaze84
    Options

There problem is that they were shown the results of positive success too late and shown the results of negative success too early.

I agree, that's where the parents are supposed to come in. They didn't set good examples at all....
  • kingblaze84
    Options

How is that laziness? Try to understand their circumstances before you come to black and white conclusions. Living a life of crime is one of the hardest things a person can do. That ? is anything but easy. It takes a great mind and a very determined individual to actually make it through the illegal path. It's also risky as ? and takes bravery, networking skills, and risk aversion.

... They probably don't want to go to college or technical school because it's still not a guaranteed way of being successful. You can finish school and still come out jobless, except now you're in debt SMH. Most people are gang bangers because they grew up in that life. If they're around your age of 30 and have been living a life a crime, they probably didn't graduate high school, and they sure as hell didn't take high school serious enough to get accepted into college.

What you need to do is put them on to good jobs that don't require a college degree like truck driving or depending on how their funds look, help them to look at starting their own small business if they have a talent.

You're right and yes they all have good survival skills, most of the ones I know aren't broke. When I say laziness, I mean the ones who want to get legal gigs but never prepared for it when they were in school Of course it's all nature vs nurture so I won't judge too much, but too many people are choosing to drop out without giving education much of a chance. Parents have to do a better job pushing their kids to value education and more then anything, set a better example (and be able to afford the kids to begin with, if possible)
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get them involved in community service early. That and charity starts at home. Do right in your house and it should continue elsewhere.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Another Problem:

The generation before us didn't do a good job of providing or helping with jobs for the current generation. Most of these young adults have no leads on jobs which makes it 10times harder to make any real money the legal way. They have to go against all of the other well connected candidates, while also dealing with prejudice views from HR managers, so that's another problem we need to work on fixing.

If you're well established at your company or in the HR department, and you see a qualified black person or even a black person with potential trying to get his or her foot in the door, you need to go out of your way to help them out.

The primary reason why the young kids don't give a ? is because they don't see a way out.