What Needs to Be Done to Inspire Blacks to Entrepreneurship and Creating Generational Wealth?

Options
2»

Comments

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    goat thread. Nearly everything that needed to be said has already been said. I've always thought that good education and good parenting has and always will be the foundational building blocks to success. And we clearly need to improve in both areas.

I know that many disagree, but I also think that free market economics can also promote entrepreneurship, small businesses, competition, etc. - all of which can support American Blacks. Our current system especially isn't helping.

cosign at the bolded

which is why I SMH @ any black person who believes in policies that put the most strain on small businesses and make it harder for black folks to become entrepreneurs

majority of my disdain for raising the MW is because it affects smalls businesses disproportionately.............which ultimately holds black folks back
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think that the welfare system should be looked at too. Does the welfare state do more damage than it does good? Reminds me of the infamous "somebody needs to pay for all my children" lady.

and we can argue all day about welfare and how it exacerbates the problems with the modern black family now

we literally incentivize hoes to pop out kids and put black males in jail for failing to pay cs

but we actually have folks who believe this is good for the community as a whole

black folks will continue to struggle and be left behind for embracing a liberal mindset that advocates handouts and more govt as a solution to personal issues
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also think that black folk need to be smart about the number of children that they want to have. No disrespect, ut there are black parents or mothers who are having too many kids whom they can't support, never mind themselves. Why have five kids if you can only support two? I see many black families with huge ass families or a poor single mother who continues to have children, and I just look in amazement. Some of these people would be so much better off with less children. Isn't a child like a $150,000 life expense? I myself am in relatively good shape, but that's only largely because I'm one of only two children. My parents were too smart to have more than two problems all at once. Then again, I'm willing to bet that a good chunk of children born today are accidents. So would condoms and contraceptives help this "overpopulation" problem? You can't just put all the blame on single mothers. It sounds selfish to have less kids, but it's only practical and gives you more options to amass wealth and then maybe later have more kids.

I think that the welfare system should be looked at too. Does the welfare state do more damage than it does good? Reminds me of the infamous "somebody needs to pay for all my children" lady.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBqjZ0KZCa0

Co sign that ? . Too many black folks have bastard kids as a way as "? 's Work" and they suffer throughout life. Religion neuters critical thinking and long-term planning.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Generational wealth in the Black Community peaked in 1921. It's not coming back no time soon either.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Exterminate hoodrats
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    Exterminate crackers

• rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Keeping the plans out of and off all Skitzo Media!