The Triple H Appreciation Thread (The Goats of Goats)

Options
Broddie
Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Off The Turn Buckle
I think in about 20 years the eventual WWE Mt. Rushmore will look something like this

dcxxk6.jpg

"Bow down to the-Bow down to the king"

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he still dont want to catch the fade with real ? : angle, shamrock, beniot, etc etc
  • Broddie
    Options
    In a couple of decades DX will be considered the GOAT tag team. Evolution is also going to be called the GOAT faction.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he's brown-nosing for Vince. Vince won't let him run ? if he doesn't do it his way.

When Vince goes down, old age and he can't do ? or dies, Trips will flip this company around.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember about 5 years ago someone on this board said wwe would be on track cause Vince would fade to the back and road agents like funaki and dean malenko would steer the company in a great direction

Hahahahahsha
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Triple H running things >>>> Stephanie
  • Broddie
    edited January 2014
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    I remember about 5 years ago someone on this board said wwe would be on track cause Vince would fade to the back and road agents like funaki and dean malenko would steer the company in a great direction

Hahahahahsha

"SMACKDOWN NUMBA 1 ANNOUNCA!!!"

The best thing out of Malenko's WWE employment was his titantron. That ? is epic.
    jono wrote: »

HHH has arguably done a lot of good (Getting the company back in good graces with the likes of Bruno and Warrior, Performance Center and education incentives for the upcoming superstars) but nah Steph is better for business. HHH didn't even see the potential in Cena who I'm not even a fan of but anyone with knowledge could look at and see a potential star in. She also could veto her dad's outrageoug ideas a lot easier than HHH can. He also takes business too personal.

You think we're going to see Sami Zayin and Adrian Neville get a shot at the big time before any of Triple H's buddies? nope. Get ready for the next 20 years after Vince steps down. It's going to be nothing but Hunner pushing all his pet projects and favorites in favor of whoever may really be over with the crowd. You thought Batista and Sheamus' pushes were bad? you ain't see nothing yet.

Since he's a former wrestler he's also going to have a hard time not putting on the trunks even when he reaches his 60's. Steph is like her dad in that she knows how to fall back when she has to and let the product breathe. Though as of late it certainly hasn't seemed that way. Both of them need to just focus on the day to day operations and business and forget about being TV characters altogether for a long while.

• Broddie
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The most crucial moment of the Attitude era would not be when Austin first stunned McMahon. It's going to be when HHH rebooted DX by himself after HBK left and reintroduced the 1-2-3 Kid as XPac.
  • RawAce
    Options
    I honestly wanna know why Shane stepped away from the business

He did some good things creatively and in the ring
  • Broddie
    Options

Like many men he just didn't want to be in the shadow of his father. He had ideas that Vince would just always shut down (Ie: making WWE more MMA like before the MMA resurgance of the late 00's) and I guess he grew sick of it. Vince may have been ok with buying the company from his dad and being an even better promoter. Shane didn't want that. In the end he did what his father wanted to but never could, head a mainstream media company and successfully at that. That probably crushed Vince's ego as both a dad and entrepreneur .

This is another example of Hunter really being the cerebral assassin. He saw the waning relationship between father and son. Married into the fam and became the son that Vince always wanted in the end. It really is all about the game and how you play it. Let me make one thing clear this thread isn't really a slight against the guy it's just pointing out reality based on how he is. I give him major props for being the GOAT politician and basically inheriting the sports entertainment empire and eventually running it on his own terms. Regardless of how good or bad for the industry that will be in the long run.
  • RawAce
    Options
    I thought Shane was behind th attitude era though ?

I member him gettin credit for guys like godfather and golddust
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Hahahahahsha

"SMACKDOWN NUMBA 1 ANNOUNCA!!!"

The best thing out of Malenko's WWE employment was his titantron. That ? is epic.

HHH has arguably done a lot of good (Getting the company back in good graces with the likes of Bruno and Warrior, Performance Center and education incentives for the upcoming superstars) but nah Steph is better for business. HHH didn't even see the potential in Cena who I'm not even a fan of but anyone with knowledge could look at and see a potential star in. She also could veto her dad's outrageoug ideas a lot easier than HHH can. He also takes business too personal.

You think we're going to see Sami Zayin and Adrian Neville get a shot at the big time before any of Triple H's buddies? nope. Get ready for the next 20 years after Vince steps down. It's going to be nothing but Hunner pushing all his pet projects and favorites in favor of whoever may really be over with the crowd. You thought Batista and Sheamus' pushes were bad? you ain't see nothing yet.
    That's true. HHH will always push his buddies first but I think as a former full time performer he knows audiences an when e doesn't have that umbrella of blaming Vince for things he will straighten it up an do what's best.

Since he's a former wrestler he's also going to have a hard time not putting on the trunks even when he reaches his 60's. Steph is like her dad in that she knows how to fall back when she has to and let the product breathe. Though as of late it certainly hasn't seemed that way. Both of them need to just focus on the day to day operations and business and forget about being TV characters altogether for a long while.

Therein lies my problem with HHH. As an onscreen character he takes too many liberties and puts himself over.

I think as a former wrestler and long time fan of the genre he knows what can and would work within the business as oppose to Stephanie who is out here hiring soap opera writers to write wrestling. She ain't finna win an Emmy.
  • Broddie
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I thought Shane was behind th attitude era though ?

I member him gettin credit for guys like godfather and golddust

He designed the "scratch" logo too. But that's neither here nor there. Things worked out for Vince and Shane in the end. They both seem to be doing alright and happy with where they're at. It is what it is. Don't expect to ever see Shane McMahon in WWE again. He doesn't care. His sister did and so does her husband which is why they're still there.

Therein lies my problem with HHH. As an onscreen character he takes too many liberties and puts himself over.

I think as a former wrestler and long time fan of the genre he knows what can and would work within the business as oppose to Stephanie who is out here hiring soap opera writers to write wrestling. She ain't finna win an Emmy.

Stephanie is a better business person than HHH. In the long term she's done more for making WWE what it is today than her husband has. She's forward thinking compared to her conservative dad. It's why Vince puts so much trust in her in the first place. Hiring soap writers comes from Vince himself. Nothing gets done without his approval. He's been trying to make WWE an "entertainment" company since the 80's. End of the day everything you see on screen is because he said "put that on there". A lot of writers get their ideas shot down by Vince, Triple H and Steph it's why so many leave in the first place.

I do think they inject themselves in the product way too much and that it will have long term repercussions and make it seem dull. I tuned out 3 months into this authority story because they're both unbearable as on screen characters. It just became redundant after the 10th promo from HHH reminding us what's "best for business...ah".
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think in about 20 years the eventual WWE Mt. Rushmore will look something like this

dcxxk6.jpg

LMAO @ THE 1ST PIC!! This can't be life. LOL!
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _DUB_ wrote: »
    he still dont want to catch the fade with real ? : angle, shamrock, beniot, etc etc

add undertaker to this list on some outside the ring ? undertaker will whoop some ass and has that legend staus with respect in the lockeroom.
  • RawAce
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »

dcxxk6.jpg

LMAO @ THE 1ST PIC!! This can't be life. LOL!

Can't be life,
    It's
    Terra-ryzing
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HHH presence has been like a black hole. The fact that he's been around has changed space time and reality. There are no less than 4 major stars that he should have put over because he's a goat heel. Now we can only wonder what it would have been like if booker would have gotten a solid run without all that king booker stuff or if goldberg could have actually held down a legit feud in the E.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No lie, I didn't see the star potential in Cena either. Hated him even more when he became the dr. of thuganomics.

I liked his debut against Kurt though. It's actually one of the only memorable moments I have of Cena.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Warrior: Back in 96 when I return I came back at WrestleMania 12 and beat Hunter in under 3 mins that became one of my greatest WWF moments.

HHH's Future edit: Back in 96 when I return I came back at WrestleMania 12 and Hunter put me over in under 3 mins that became my greatest WWF moments.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like many men he just didn't want to be in the shadow of his father. He had ideas that Vince would just always shut down (Ie: making WWE more MMA like before the MMA resurgance of the late 00's) and I guess he grew sick of it. Vince may have been ok with buying the company from his dad and being an even better promoter. Shane didn't want that. In the end he did what his father wanted to but never could, head a mainstream media company and successfully at that. That probably crushed Vince's ego as both a dad and entrepreneur .

This is another example of Hunter really being the cerebral assassin. He saw the waning relationship between father and son. Married into the fam and became the son that Vince always wanted in the end. It really is all about the game and how you play it. Let me make one thing clear this thread isn't really a slight against the guy it's just pointing out reality based on how he is. I give him major props for being the GOAT politician and basically inheriting the sports entertainment empire and eventually running it on his own terms. Regardless of how good or bad for the industry that will be in the long run.

Gotta GOAT this one. One thing though. I think I'd be proud of my son if he was able to accomplish something I never could. I don't see how a father could be any other way.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Evolution is also going to be called the GOAT faction.

Damn it only took a few months for this to happen. JBL says that ? like every 5 minutes when those guys are out there.

On the real though I want HHH to be crowned the new WWE WHC because it will ? off all the smarks and he's the ultimate heat generator.

"One more reign-uh for the game-uh"

gVZYSGw.jpg
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trips lookm like ned stark
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    in 21 years WWE history will be rewritten

HHH beat Brock at Mania therefore he's the real Streak conqueror.

my client BROCKKKKKK LESNARRRRRR was Conquered at Wrestlemania
  • Broddie
    Options
    There was a meeting called by Triple H before this past Monday’s RAW in Knoxville, TN. Triple H reportedly expressed his desire for RAW and SmackDown to have “more of a flow from top to bottom.”

There are concerns within WWE that people aren’t subscribing to the WWE Network because the product on TV isn’t good enough, which can be largely attributed to lack of flow, storylines being forgotten or outright dropped.

One source pointed to Triple H and Vince McMahon having “different visions” and the ideas of the two clashing.

It’s said that going into the summer, Triple H really wants more focus placed on under-card programs as a way to help build up the mid-card.

*slow clap*

OK @iKingGodGivBiz you may now rename this The Triple H Appreciation Thread.