The Triple H Appreciation Thread (The Goats of Goats)

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    A few days ago my colleague Geno Mrosko reported that Vince McMahon wasn't high on the recent NXT call ups of Adam Rose, Paige and Bo Dallas, but perhaps the more interesting part of the story is the current jockeying for power between Triple H and Kevin Dunn.

For those that aren't familiar with him, Dunn is WWE's highly paid Executive Vice President of Television Production and has been one of the company's top producers since 1984, but he's been much criticized by wrestling traditionalists like Jim Cornette and the late Paul Bearer for his lack of appreciation of the art form's history and being obsessed with aesthetics over substance. He's been a confidante of Vince McMahon's for well over 15 years and has seen his influence grow, as one by one, the men Vince surrounded himself with in the 80s and the 90s all either left of their own accord or were forced out after falling out with him.

However, after surviving for so long, being someone who Vince clearly trusts the opinion of and there being no sign that he wants to downsize his duties, it seems clear that his job is safe while the old man stays in charge. Conversely, it's clear that his days would be numbered as soon as the WWE leadership baton is passed on to Vince's handpicked successor Triple H.

When Paul Levesque became EVP of Talent, Live Events and Creative, he immediately got rid of the executive old guard like John Laurinaitis (whose abilities he didn't rate) and replaced them with his own hires like Jane Geddes and Canyon Ceyman. Everyone predicts that trend will continue as Levesque get more control of the company. Indeed, NXT is the training ground for the next generation of WWE technicians, script writers and TV producers, which shows that The Cerebral Assassin is already preparing for the day he gets complete command.

Thus, Dunn's position depends on trying to ensure that Vince hangs around for as long as possible, which would require him to plant seeds of doubt in Vince's head that Hunter is ready for the responsibility of being in charge of the day to day running of his company. Given his reputation of being insecure and petty, he's not above playing ? if he has to. Clearly he wouldn't have lasted to this very day, if he wasn't a master of the dark arts of wrestling politics.

There's been online rumors that resentment between Triple H and Kevin Dunn has reached an all time high of late. Apparently, Hunter was outraged that Dunn and his crew somehow missed the shot of The Shield standing tall over his fallen body at the end of the Payback pay-per-view earlier this month. Then came the word that Dunn had successfully buried Adam Rose to Vince and the implication was that he was trying to do the same with Paige and Bo Dallas, but hadn't been quite as convincing in that regard.

The obvious conclusion to come to is that Dunn is intentionally trying to sabotage Hunter's NXT brand and is also trying to call into question his talent grooming and judging skills for the main WWE roster, so that he can curry greater favor with the boss.

Kevin Dunn may have won this battle, but this will be a war that only The Game can win.

At a time when the WWE Network needs all the help it can get, this infighting is the last thing the company needs, especially as NXT should be promoted on WWE programming as something worth subscribing to the channel for, a unique opportunity to see tomorrow's WWE Superstars today. Lets hope the heat dies down and they can start working together more harmoniously. That's what's would really be Best For Business!

Source: http://www.cagesideseats.com

Look at this ? bruhs. That ? looking ? Kevin Dunn is trying to ? with The Game. I can't wait till Hunter brings the shovel back out once Dunn's job security blanket is gone (Vince) and I hope that he buries him to oblivion. NxfdDVv.png
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    woooooow

dude is a ? for that

Vince is too damn stupid to see through the ?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    woooooow

dude is a ? for that

Vince is too damn stupid to see through the ?

?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Kevin Dunn and Michael Hayes needs to be "endeavored"
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To be honest, if that's all true then it's HHH fault. I wouldn't want to be in a position where I had to stand up for Adam Rose and Bo Dallas (even though he is growing on me).

If anything he needs to defend NXT as a whole and remind folks that The Shield and The Wyatts also came from NXT and they may not bat 1.000 but they have don't a lot in the last two years.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    HHH needs to tell that dunn cat look ? im ? Steph not u so fall back and let me run my ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wow, hhh mad about them not catching the shot of new guys standing over him after beatin his ass, maybe hhh ego isnt as bad as i thought it was, i agree, time for him to get the shovel and bury kevin dunn
  • Broddie
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    There was a meeting called by Triple H before this past Monday’s RAW in Knoxville, TN. Triple H reportedly expressed his desire for RAW and SmackDown to have “more of a flow from top to bottom.”

There are concerns within WWE that people aren’t subscribing to the WWE Network because the product on TV isn’t good enough, which can be largely attributed to lack of flow, storylines being forgotten or outright dropped.

One source pointed to Triple H and Vince McMahon having “different visions” and the ideas of the two clashing.

It’s said that going into the summer, Triple H really wants more focus placed on under-card programs as a way to help build up the mid-card.

*slow clap*

OK @iKingGodGivBiz you may now rename this The Triple H Appreciation Thread.

Seriously.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Evolution is also going to be called the GOAT faction.

On the real though I want HHH to be crowned the new WWE WHC because it will ? off all the smarks and he's the ultimate heat generator.

"One more reign-uh for the game-uh"

gVZYSGw.jpg

Patience pays off. My wish came true. Next few weeks of WWE fuckery are bound to be legendary.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    some of his illest entrances

Mania 22 "Barbarian King"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-kmws3Gx4

mania 30 "Shao Khan"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz1T4q_-upk

Raw - Injury return "the pop of pops"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRGQugQpjz8

Summerslam 09 "Tank Dawgs"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNhe8ghamyE

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    22 I Thought was Conan the Barbarian.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    22 I Thought was Conan the Barbarian.

you right
  • VIBE
    Options
    Triple H returning was GOAT! Lost my ? . That crowd was amazing.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    Damn even taker
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    tumblr_o1jcwjEcw01saykaxo3_400.gif

Like a boss!

only thing that wouldve made that better was if under that jacket instead of having that belt he wouldve had the late 90's joint

• white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Big nosed bastard, got all these nxt marks sucking his ? because he signs a bunch of internet heroes who will never pose a threat to his power or status and he can continue to rewrite history in his favor, shane saw this ? coming and bounced.
  • VIBE
    Options
    That laugh when he reveals the belt is hilarious.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He just couldn't let it go huh?
  • Broddie
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    He just couldn't let it go huh?

If he didn't troll it would've been pointless.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    Options
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Big nosed bastard, got all these nxt marks sucking his ? because he signs a bunch of internet heroes who will never pose a threat to his power or status and he can continue to rewrite history in his favor, shane saw this ? coming and bounced.

What the ? is Shane doing now anyway?