Game of Thrones - Season 4 (Book Readers please use spoilers & disclaimers or be BANNED)

Options

Comments

• FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I won't even bother elaborating cause honestly the last thing I want to do is debate a show I don't even care for anymore.

That's some women logic
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    shieky wrote: »
    jamie got a new hand...the dragons got bigger...more fighting...arya definitely on the assassin path.

that's what i got.

I didn't even wanna get all that.. kinda mad I watched the trailer and read your post. This show is great with the suspense and even the smallest of spoilers is too much. Ima just try to remove what you posted from my head and only remember that my midget nig, Tyrion still got hoes.
    I mean...If u been watching the show all that stuff is the logical progression of events..
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    I won't even bother elaborating cause honestly the last thing I want to do is debate a show I don't even care for anymore.
    I'd like to hear (read) your thoughts. Not looking to debate just curious. I still like the show but I do think its ok to be critical of it as well.

I wanna know too. Having read all the books, I could use a little discussion to get me excited about this season.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where is the guy that was supposed to explain how the show was effeminizing black men because I want to know that too.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll post it soon I'm just lazy, I have to copy the post edit out he useless bs, then post it here. I ain't no school teacher I'm a lazy bastard
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Oh, so it's not your actual opinion. It's just some ? you read. Ok.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never heard that but I've heard people complain about the whole White Savior of black people theme.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Why do people expect a bunch of black people medieval england tho?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    had to stop in and rep my set #teamLOL in the building. doing real big things. Lord of Light. Light over Ladies. Legion of Leeches. Sir Davos. Started from fleabottom now he here. turnin atheists into believers. the blood of the king. the light of the world. #teamLOL
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol at medieval england. You dumb af.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    yea i'm house targaryen/team daenerys, but stannis is my dude
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    ? the lannisters too (besides tyrion obviously) but tywin>>>>>>>>>
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited January 2014
    Options
    s.free wrote: »

wherever the ? ...you know what i mean.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

whatever the ? ...you know what i mean.
    This is make believe ? make believe some ? in this ? bruh!
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The show can have supernatural ice giants but, it can't have ? huh?
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The show IS based on medieval england. The War of the Roses/Plantagenet-Lancaster-York/Henry Tudor actually. Some of his character arcs on GOT follow their real-life inspirations word for word. Read up on it.

He also threw some non-European cultures/civilizations in there as well.....like The Dothraki who are inspired by the Mongols.....which is why the thought that blacks couldn't be on GOT is ? . There weren't any Mongols in England either.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited January 2014
    Options
    There are lots of blacks in Game of Thrones actually. People forget that Westeros is not the only nation in the story's world. When you get out to where Dany is, there are lots of blacks. Also, it's never shown in the show, but there is a black man that hangs with all the rich people in King Landing. He's basically a exiled prince from some islands that I can only guess are modeled off of the Carribbean or something. If you read the books though, you'll see phrases like dusky skin, dark as pitch, dark as ink, etc... a lot. That's basically how blacks were described in Renaissance Europe.

George Martin knows a hell of a lot more about history than most of his readers. I'll say that much.
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i'm not saying there shouldn't be any...but being that the main story takes place is westeros i don't expect to see a bunch of black people in that part of the world. when it starts getting deep into dany traveling & the story expanding to different areas, then yea. but so far i don't see much to complain about.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Has that really been a complaint? This series gets talked about here all the time and the lack of black people has never been mentioned in our convos.
  • Matt-
    Options
    i bought all the books when season 3 ended...spent about 10 minutes since thn reading them. ? it. i like not knowing whats going to happen. and what i like even more than that is not reading books
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    i bought all the books when season 3 ended...spent about 10 minutes since thn reading them. ? it. i like not knowing whats going to happen. and what i like even more than that is not reading books

You couldn't tell from the size of the books that they might not have been for you?
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Has that really been a complaint? This series gets talked about here all the time and the lack of black people has never been mentioned in our convos.
    I saw it in the season 3 thread when I was catching up and when somebody mentioned people complained about the white savior thing which implies that there's not enough black people in the show to be able to fend for themselves.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »

You couldn't tell from the size of the books that they might not have been for you?

i was caught up in the moment man...i was only a few clicks and a few thousand dollars short of buying the replica iron throne
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »

The show IS based on medieval england. The War of the Roses/Plantagenet-Lancaster-York/Henry Tudor actually. Some of his character arcs on GOT follow their real-life inspirations word for word. Read up on it.

He also threw some non-European cultures/civilizations in there as well.....like The Dothraki who are inspired by the Mongols.....which is why the thought that blacks couldn't be on GOT is ? . There weren't any Mongols in England either.

Everything on TV and film can tie into something real if you want to go there. Real ? inspires make belief. Thinking anything else is just incredible reach.This isn't based on medieval England. Stop it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I saw it in the season 3 thread when I was catching up and when somebody mentioned people complained about the white savior thing which implies that there's not enough black people in the show to be able to fend for themselves.

Nah, that had nothing to do with not being enough blacks. That had everything to do with all those black and brown people that were enlaved and miserable until the great white woman came and saved them all.

This discussion has been closed.