Is Steph Curry Already The GOAT Shooter?

Options
Heavy In The Game
Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
I think he is IMO, it seems like he makes every 3 or jumper he takes, you basically have to hope he misses lol smh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnEEClCcSp8

dude is one of my fav players

Is Steph Curry Already The GOAT Shooter? 38 votes

no
71%
S2JFocal Pointinfamous114Knock_TwicethemadlionsfanintlhakhueyBcotton5gman82CapitalBCoolJoecoop9889NothingButTheTruthStoneColdMikeyMister B.KeepOnPushingMR.CJRiGGAA$AP_A$TOND.Original 27 votes
yes
28%
joeyfkncrakkunspoken_respectBilly_PonchoRAPHblu197TrillfateDR. JEKdeemula420indyman87KingFreemanHeavy In The Game 11 votes

Comments

• KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no
    Still to young
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By the end of his career maybe
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    his first year he was my fav rookie and i saw the potential in him, but i didnt think he'd be this good this fast, its great to see and dare i say he may have surpassed another of my favs, Ray Allen, dont know if he's already the goat but i would pretty much say he's the best pure shooter in the league right now, then add on top of that his all around game..superstar
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another 4-5 years of consistency then maybe it can be discussed but right now no.
  • Heavy In The Game
    edited January 2014
    Options
    yes
    the thing is a lot the 3s he hits come off the dribble, a lot of the other GOAT shooters 3s came/come off catch and shoot situations
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too Soon potential is there though whats the list of the 90, 50, 40 club (FT, FG, 3PT percentages)
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate steph curry...

Hes on his way though
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i can see steph making the 50 40 90 club, the tough part will be the 50 tho of course as a guard
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he's too good a player to be labeled just a shooter. Jeff Hornacelafkdeck was a shooter..hersey hawkins was a shooter. steve kerr was a shooter... his father was a shooter....but if you want to box him into a corner and call hiim a shooter then crown him if you want to but you can't call anyone the goat anything after 4plus seasons
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the members of the lightskin coalition is going have to get at least a decade under his belt before he gets put into that conversation. Barring health who knows he just might do it.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    he's too good a player to be labeled just a shooter. Jeff Hornacelafkdeck was a shooter..hersey hawkins was a shooter. steve kerr was a shooter... his father was a shooter....but if you want to box him into a corner and call hiim a shooter then crown him if you want to but you can't call anyone the goat anything after 4plus seasons

I'm not boxing him in at all, but shooting is definitely his best attribute and he happens to be the best in the league at it and IMO he's arguably the best ever or at least on pace to be.

rj4pao.jpg

he's the best shooter in the nba....but when his ankles are built out of play-do..then he's gonna have to find a way to keep it up...but absolutely he's on pace to become the best shooter. i been watching dude since high school (nosandusky) and through college and i grew up watching his dad play in charlotte so i'll always have great admiration for his game and what he brings to the league
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The scouts said he would be too slow..they were dead wrong.

A better PG version of Reggie Miller kinda sorta. His handles is what really started to amaze me how he can just lose people and get off his own shot at his size and height. He got a lil Isaiah/Iverson-ish quality about him when it comes to being elusive and creating that shot.

Just glad to see him shocking everyone. Never give up. Always improve.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Easy top 5, hard to call him the goat this early, he's headed there though
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no
    No , with longevity then yea a strong chance.

rj4pao.jpg

This is ? ' crazy based off how much time he's missed with injuries.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    no
    GodGivBiz wrote: »
    The scouts said he would be too slow..they were dead wrong.

A better PG version of Reggie Miller kinda sorta. His handles is what really started to amaze me how he can just lose people and get off his own shot at his size and height. He got a lil Isaiah/Iverson-ish quality about him when it comes to being elusive and creating that shot.

Just glad to see him shocking everyone. Never give up. Always improve.

He's a lot more like Prime Nash to me but has a more killer instinct on the offensive side of the ball. Nash could have averaged 20+ a season if he wasn't so damn unselfish , his weakness since his college days was for someone who was a outstanding shooter from damn near any spot he didn't really look to take advantage of it , always wanted to put his players in better spots to score.

Curry takes advantage of his ability on offense way more. but his style of play reminds me of Nash when Nash was at the top of his game.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no
    Ray allen will forever be #1 b/c of the form. The elevation, balance, hand placement, follow thru, etc.

They will still be teaching ray allen's form 50 years from now.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curry is nice, but he need a few more years to declare goat shooter imo.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never seen a player with a better combination of handles and range than curry usually with a j like his you gotta run him through screens to get him open

not steph though he can create his own his ability to shoot off the dribble is crazy and thats why he was given brittle ankles to level the playing field

can pull up from 27 on a 3 on 1 break and you dont even get mad
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    yes
    No , with longevity then yea a strong chance.

rj4pao.jpg

This is ? ' crazy based off how much time he's missed with injuries.

it makes you think how many would he have hit, if he would have played most of the games he missed 24dqwjd.jpg
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yes
    By the time its all said and done barring any major injury (ankles) He will be so I guess you can say my vote is in advance lol
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no
    Matt- wrote: »

I'm not boxing him in at all, but shooting is definitely his best attribute and he happens to be the best in the league at it and IMO he's arguably the best ever or at least on pace to be.

rj4pao.jpg

After seeing that figure with Ray etc, I change my vote.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can tell ? at the gym more than @ the club.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yes
    I'd say so, dude can shoot great off any position, off the screen, pull-up, whatever
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to be fair....were Ray and Reggie strictly 3 point shooters coming out of college?

Ray used to do it all and take it to the hole alot more in his first few years than the latter....he didn't really start bombing from 3 till he went to Seattle(not saying he wasnt doing it in Milwaukee, just wasn't as much)...Curry lives on the perimeter..and i think he needs to win some 3 point contests to prove he is the GOAT first

but dat boy bad
This discussion has been closed.