China and Japan battling it out over Africa

Comments

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Japan, South Korea, and China all have some sort of beef with each other.

Probably neither, they're just trying to make a buck, but..

I haven't done much research on the subject, so take this with a grain of salt, but China has added some infrastructure to some African nations, even if it's for their own benefit, and based on history, Japanese are known ? , so I'll go with China.

Please regale me with stories about the kind, empathetic civility and democracy that the Chinese are renowned for.

China gon' build sweat shops. Japan has far better conditions for it's working classes.

I don't know why I'd do that when I never referred to them as such, I was basically saying China was the lesser of two evils.

Sure, Japan has better working conditions for their working class, keyword being their. Just look at how companies in the US exploit foreign labor in order to make more money.

by the "Japanese are known ? " comment I was referring to their recent past actions of imperialism around the time, and during WW2, the ? of Nanjing, occupation of Korea, etc, and even now they are still behaving as if they are innocent and didn't do anything.
  • FatterThanKat
    FatterThanKat Members Posts: 677
    You could say the same about Americans. If the Chinese treat their own like cattle just imagine how badly they'll treat Africans. It will be King Leopold part II
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could say the same about Americans. If the Chinese treat their own like cattle just imagine how badly they'll treat Africans. It will be King Leopold part II

They wont go too far, they still have to compete with other nations that also want a piece of Africa, and Africa themselves may push back.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pralims wrote: »
    Ehhh well if nothing else, at least the Chinese acknowledge the connection between their origins and Africans. I doubt you'd ever get that out of the Japanese.

anyone will try to admit to make blacks or africans feel connected to them to get to the resources. fukk that...we aint brothers,

what happened all the years ago when people was stealing and selling our ? ?

where was our cousins then?

This actually happened when some sites were excavated showing the connection between China and Ancient African civilizations. It wasn't a ploy. They just saw the new and made the announcement. I'm not saying this is grounds for them to be able to ? Africa over. I'm just acknowledging that they at least admitted it. Even now Europeans won't admit that the Moors that civilized Europe were Black even though there is Renaissance artwork all over the continent that depicts the Moors as being black as midnight.

As for what's going on with Africa and China. I haven't looked into it enough to say, but it doesn't seem to be exploitation. China is getting a lot from Africa yes, but they are also helping to build infrastructure and such. Africa doesn't need to shun outside influence. Africans just need to be smarter about how they handle their business. What good is having all the resources if you're going to use them to build your power base.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whar wrote: »
    yuall need to understand...china is mostly land locked and the shore they do have is not the long.

and japan has a very strong navy...maybe only second to the US.

now if japan begins to move to offensive weaponry....things will get very interesting.

im not sure about japans airforce tho

China has a coastline of 9,000 miles.

on the grand scheme of things its not that long. 9000 miles sounds good....but that 9000 miles can be contained very easy. almost a quarter of that is in a gulf they share with korea and then you got japan right below them. so really they got like half of that free....
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    CHICAGO_BREED Members Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They want that uranium for nuclear weapons. Africa the only place that has it
  • FatterThanKat
    Uranium is mined where there are concentrations in the earth’s crust. More than half of the world’s uranium comes from mines in Canada, Australia and Kazakhstan. Other major producers are the United States, South Africa, Namibia, Brazil, Niger and Russia. Many more countries have smaller deposits that could be mined if needed.

http://www.nei.org/News-Media/News/News-Archives/Where-Does-Uranium-Come-From
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    China is looking for resources all over the globe but water isn't what they are after in Africa.
    give it time
    Worrying about Allah, Jesus, Zeus, Yahweh and whatever western religions you adopted, they ain't helping you.
    seems like this weird rant has nothing to do with China and Japan
    They want that uranium for nuclear weapons. Africa the only place that has it
    nope

• whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    yuall need to understand...china is mostly land locked and the shore they do have is not the long.

now if japan begins to move to offensive weaponry....things will get very interesting.

on the grand scheme of things its not that long. 9000 miles sounds good....but that 9000 miles can be contained very easy. almost a quarter of that is in a gulf they share with korea and then you got japan right below them. so really they got like half of that free....

Why is it so hard to admit a mistake? China has more coastline than the continental US. It does not suffer in anyway a limited access to to the ocean.

• High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Yeah Japan can't do ? , they haven't even had a proper military since WW2. The last time they ? with China, China was on Larry Holmes status but it's a totally playing field now.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Japan can't do ? , they haven't even had a proper military since WW2. The last time they ? with China, China was on Larry Holmes status but it's a totally playing field now.

Japan has one of the most advanced armed forces in the world they just don't call it a military.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My homie at the USAID is on a long term assignment in Kenya I'll ask her wassup

USAID is a CIA front your friend wont be able to tell you anything.

• mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? africa gonna have the finest gucci wallets sideways ? can make
  • Big James
    Big James Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    I could see China eventually attacking Japan.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited January 2014

Why is it so hard to admit a mistake? China has more coastline than the continental US. It does not suffer in anyway a limited access to to the ocean.

world-map.gif

when i look at this map i see three things.

south korea, japan and taiwan can slow if not stop chinas access to the open ocean. when i look at the US i dont see any one that can stop our open access to the ocean.

also looking at this map...i see chinas coastline is almost equal to the atlantic coastline.....but guess what.....we have a pacific coastline also.

and like i said....south korea can cover the gulf,
    japan can cover from thier south islands down to Taiwan and Taiwan can take some even further south.

so like i said....chinas navy or access to open water can be slowed if not stopped.

tghey will be forced to squeeze between tiawan and japan or forced down towards the phillipinesto navigate thru all those thousands of islands.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Japan dont want it with China
  • 2stepz_ahead
    K_Fisher wrote: »
    Japan dont want it with China

im telling yall....you keep sleeping on japan
  • FatterThanKat
    Japan whooped Russia's ass because the Ruskies underestimated them.
  • janklow
    Japan whooped Russia's ass because the Ruskies underestimated them.
    to be fair, though, this was also during that phase of white nations not taking non-white military forces seriously, so i doubt it was just the Russians who underestimated them

• FatterThanKat
    Was it though? The Mongols had decimated Russia for a long time. Literally ? the land. They had little reason to doubt the Japanese outside of their ignorant racist views. Especially considering the trouble that the Persians and Ottomans had given them. The Moors were also giving the occasional ass kicking to Spain and Italy.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Occasional ass kicking to Spain and Italy? The Moors ruled most of Spain for hundreds of years.
  • FatterThanKat
    And where are they now?

Out in ? ? Morocco starving to death, trying to swim to Spain for a better life.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And where are they now?
    Out in ? ? Morocco starving to death, trying to swim to Spain for a better life.

nothing last FOREVER and all systems do eventually fail.
  • janklow
    Was it though?
    yes, the 1800s had been a laundry list of white nations not taking non-white nations seriously. the Mongols and Moors were a LITTLE before that time

• FatterThanKat
    edited February 2014
    janklow wrote: »
    Was it though?
    yes, the 1800s had been a laundry list of white nations not taking non-white nations seriously. the Mongols and Moors were a LITTLE before that time

It was not the 1800s, it was 1904-1905. They may have been a tiny bit before that time but it's not like a non-white country had never proven to be a military threat before. Britain did not seem to think as lightly of the Japanese at the time.