I wrestle with my body,not furniture - Steve Corino

Options
RawAce
RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
What is you opinion on extreme violence feds ?

is this wrestling or is this violence ?

is this talent & skill or is this guys who are hacking for the sake of being a hack?

barbwire.JPG

japanese_neon_fight5.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jalO5ZWSNx8

i mean seriously,
did the chokebomb finish him off or the weedwacker?
rofl

speak on it family

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint no skill to these type of matches, how hard is it to put a cheeses grader to someone's forehead and scrape back and forth. You saw these idiot kids doing the same ? in their backyards
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Nick Mondo vs Wifebeater was one of the greatest matches ever
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it's more Extreme than ECW, its not for me.........
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ? puts a bad name on legit wrestling feds that happens to have violence like ecw
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i don't mind the violence, only if it's a perfect mix

when i say mix, i mean, wrestling, storytelling, and then violence.

that ? with weedwhackers, florescent tubes, and jumping off office buildings from a 30 foot ladder doing a tiger driver through 90 tables stacked on top of a school bus in a gasoline lit parking lot is overdoing it. the violence has to be incorporated in a way that it makes sense. otherwise, all that doing the most is just for a spectacle, high spot, and everything else in the match, if there was any storytelling and wrestling, will be lost.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After awhile it becomes mundane. Once you power bomb somebody through a table then what? Add thumb tacks, then add barbed wire, then fire! Then...It loses it's impact.

I prefer more skill in my wrestling, that stuff is unnecessary.
  • RawAce
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    i don't mind the violence, only if it's a perfect mix

when i say mix, i mean, wrestling, storytelling, and then violence.

that ? with weedwhackers, florescent tubes, and jumping off office buildings from a 30 foot ladder doing a tiger driver through 90 tables stacked on top of a school bus in a gasoline lit parking lot is overdoing it. the violence has to be incorporated in a way that it makes since. otherwise, all that doing the most is just for a spectacle, high spot, and everything else in the match, if there was any storytelling and wrestling, will be lost.

im not an advocate of trash feds but my curiousity would ? me if i didnt see that match,lol
  • RawAce
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    After awhile it becomes mundane. Once you power bomb somebody through a table then what? Add thumb tacks, then add barbed wire, then fire! Then...It loses it's impact.

I prefer more skill in my wrestling, that stuff is unnecessary.

exactly

i feel everyone is entitled to their own fandom but what about the psychology of the whole thing?
    what is that sayin about the world of wrestling?
    are guys who dont partake in the ultraviolent style just ? because they can get pinned off a regular powerbomb while it takes a guy in a trash fed 5 powerbombs thru tables,fire,and razor wire to be pinned?

its hacky and cheapens the business
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Extreme ? added to my No Mercy experience. i feel like theres a lane for every kind of fan. Follow whats best for yoy but personally I ? with it on the ECW level even tho Im a Mondo fan also.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? only appeals to your inner redneck..... Most of us don't have one though and is good with watching a mankind match. I liked new jack just to break up the monotony but, if everybody was a more intense version of new jack then the next guy, that would just be ? .... Like watching a white guy mosh pit, the ? is the point? just do the match and tell the a good story. That seems to be a lost art.
  • Mally_G
    Options
    Those Masato Tanaka/Mike Awesome matches were the perfect blend of wrestling/storytelling/? . At times, there was excessive table and chair usage, but if you read into it, the excessive use of furniture was to show that both men were willing and able to take soooooo much punishment from the other to beat him. All that made for a great story and rivalry that spanned across the globe.

Even when Rey Mysterio and Juventud had their series of matches in ECW, they used guardrails and chairs, but they mostly wrestled the lucha style and finished up in the balcony with a combination hurricanrana into a pile of chairs. That was a great lucha libre ? match, the perfect mix.

Otherwise, these other feds that promote shear violence really don't have a story to tell. Like the Deathmatch tournaments, that's the selling point, the violence of the deathmatches. Within those matches, you hope to filter out a story, otherwise, it's just guys trying to mutilate one another in unique ways to move on.

At least when there's good writing and character development under the violence, we get to know the "artists" who's performing the violence. Some hack feds don't make us care for the "artists" in the way ECW did, they make us care for the "artists" by the amount of violence they can inflict; and that'll be their personality that we'll get to know.
  • RawAce
    Options
    Jus said it all right there

But I'm still willing to hear what the defenders of the ultraviolet style have to say
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good for white people
  • Mally_G
    Options
    that Zandig/Mondo match is an example of two dudes mutilating one another for no reason. I take that back, the reason is to take the violence that made ECW what it was up to levels of insanity, and call it their own brand. It was all for spots and to sell the ultra violent brand of CZW.

hack feds like that, i can't even watch, because it lacks wrestling. if these guys are feuding, are all of their matches going to end this way; I mean, all of them? There can't be a possible build up to a ? , if all of the matches end with someone getting slashed with a scythe across the throat, thrown into a piranha tank, burned at the stake, or tossed from a building wrapped in raw meat to hungry and abused bull mastiffs. there's nothing to enjoy but to see someone get mortally injured, if you're into those types of things.

hack feds without structure and a violence limit are for folks with masochistic tendencies.....
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ the MTV vid and HHH & Chyna being named WWE 1st wrestling couple. BWHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh how things have changed.