Ryan Tannehill's Wife leaves an AR-15 in the back of a rental car

Options
themadlionsfan
themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
[img]Lauren Tannehill, wife of Dolphins QB, left AR-15 rifle in rental car By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com January 16, 2014 11:28 am ET[/img]

Lauren Tannehill, wife of Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill, recently returned a rental car but forgot to remove an AR-15 rifle from the back seat. The weapon was found by the next rental car customer, a New York woman, who turned it in to authorities.

“This is certainly the kind of item you don't want to forget anywhere, but forgetting isn't a crime,” Broward Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Keyla Concepcion said, via the Miami Herald.

More details via the Herald:

According to a BSO report, Lauren Tannehill, 26, rented a Nissan Rogue from E-Z Rent-A-Car on Jan. 4. She had the vehicle for about two hours, then turned it in for another. That same day, Judith Fleissig, 58, of Rochester, N.Y., rented the same Rogue. She later found the gun, valued at $2,000, secured in its case in the back seat, according to the report.
"We got out of the car, we were kind of freaked out,” Fleissig told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “I didn't want to touch it.”

tannehill-ar15-325.jpg

A source told the Sun-Sentinel that the Tannehills, who legally own the gun, immediately called the rental car company to report a missing item, although they didn't offer specifics. A Dolphins spokesman told the paper that the Tannehills view this as a personal matter.

Fleissig, meanwhile, had no clue who Lauren or Ryan Tannehill were.

“Miami Dolphins, yes, I've heard of them,” she said. “But I'm not a football fan.”

Comments