And black folks aint checking for hockey because

13»

Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Monizzle14
    I agree watching some sports live is more fun than at home but I think that has more to do with the crowd. I've been to NBA, NFL and MLB games and I enjoyed all of them a lot. Maybe I will try an NHL game and see what it's all about

and to be honest most white folk aint even get into the sport till their company got suite tickets or they decided to take the family out. And even in cities like boston which are hockey rich most white folk start going to games and don't know strategy. But they end up enjoying it after watching it live.

• purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 bcotton calls monizzle an 'ice ? '
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played roller hockey as a young boy. Played defense and got MVP my first year. I was fast in those skates
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    O.G. wrote: »
    Flyers fan here. I ? with hockey but its not for everyone. People enjoy different ? . Can you actually believe people watch UFC? That is the ? i dont understand.

mma is like hockey, just without the ice and less violent

.02 seconds in, no play was made for the puck. Is this a sport or a gang fight? look at the fools cheering for this ? ? That's what I don't understand.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIOUnBGs5ng

• WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go BlackHawks I only watch during the playoffs
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soccer/Euro Football and Hockey ain't a black sport, then again neither was Basketball and Football, but blacks took over those sports.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing black is puck
  • xtraill
    xtraill Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    Hockey could have all Black players and I still wouldn't watch it.

I don't like it because there's not enough scoring.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xtraill wrote: »
    Hockey could have all Black players and I still wouldn't watch it.

I don't like it because there's not enough scoring.

? outta here with this, once them dudes got to going at it they would be fighting like there aint not tomorrow. the whole world would be watching that nonsense

• Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    I never get that "it ain't cold where we live" excuse, hockey is played indoors so it don't matter what the weather is like they play hockey in the Middle East and Africa. I ? wit it cause its a smash mouth sport and the game is fast paced wit talented skatin/play makin so it got the perfect combination of physicality and finesse. It has everythin Soccer doesn't its excitin they score more and they tough ain't none of that ? floppin goin on, and its not borin and slow as ? like baseball which puts hockey right after football and basketball for me.

And that brawl and fightin as a whole (which is GOAT) is allowed by the league so the players who do it don't usually get called thugs (except the enforcers who only out there to hit muhfuckas and start ? ) the way basketball/football players do, some of it is about race but Sherman was tryna act hard and talkin gangsta to Crabtree tho so most people who ain't know him til that interview includin some black folks just figured he's the stereotypical thug wit money.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a touchdown was only worth one point and there was no field goals in football, i think hockey would be appreciated more.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There a bunch of violent thugs
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only watch for the brawls
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch it in the playoffs, I live in Hockey Town though.

Red Wings are always exciting to watch. Hockey is better spectator sport than baseball and soccer