Richard Sherman’s Post-Game Rant Brings Out Twitter’s Actual Racists and Morons...

Options

Comments

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    As stated in this article i read.
    When you're a public figure, there are rules. Here's one: A public personality can be black, talented, or arrogant, but he can't be any more than two of these traits at a time. It's why antics and soundbites from guys like Brett Favre, Johnny Football and Bryce Harper seem almost hyper-American, capable of capturing the country's imagination, but black superstars like Sherman, Floyd Mayweather, and Cam Newton are seen as polarizing, as selfish, as glory boys, as distasteful and perhaps offensive.
    http://deadspin.com/richard-sherman-and-the-plight-of-the-conquering-? -1505060117?utm_source=recirculation&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=tuesdayAM

whoever wrote this is unaware of the numerous times Favre, Manziel, and Harper have been called polarizing, selfish, and distasteful.

very true. but the difference is one of the first insults thrown at sherman after his rant was ? . that word just had to be thrown in there no matter what. although i found his rant funny, i can understand why some people felt it was tasteless. if the insults were left at classless, arrogant, cocky, unnecessary etc. you would have a better argument

I'm just arguing the dumb statement from the deadspin article. Nobody other than the people who made the statements are trying to defend the racial slurs
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    From what I've seen in those twitter pics they didn't look like they came from the trailer park. And some now want Sherman to lose his endorement deals.

White people crazy

Garage Magazine Editor-In-Chief Dasha Zhukova Sits On A 'Black Woman' Chair In Shocking Editorial

o-DASHA-ZHUKOVA-570.jpg

The ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you're a public figure, there are rules. Here's one: A public personality can be black, talented, or arrogant, but he can't be any more than two of these traits at a time. It's why antics and soundbites from guys like Brett Favre, Johnny Football and Bryce Harper seem almost hyper-American, capable of capturing the country's imagination, but black superstars like Sherman, Floyd Mayweather, and Cam Newton are seen as polarizing, as selfish, as glory boys, as distasteful and perhaps offensive.
    http://deadspin.com/richard-sherman-and-the-plight-of-the-conquering-? -1505060117?utm_source=recirculation&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=tuesdayAM

whoever wrote this is unaware of the numerous times Favre, Manziel, and Harper have been called polarizing, selfish, and distasteful.

very true. but the difference is one of the first insults thrown at sherman after his rant was ? . that word just had to be thrown in there no matter what. although i found his rant funny, i can understand why some people felt it was tasteless. if the insults were left at classless, arrogant, cocky, unnecessary etc. you would have a better argument

I'm just arguing the dumb statement from the deadspin article. Nobody other than the people who made the statements are trying to defend the racial slurs

what you are missing is the fact that those are locked at as positive qualities and arent attached to anything else.. than their "moxy" an compeitive zeal
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

what you are missing is the fact that those are locked at as positive qualities and arent attached to anything else.. than their "moxy" an compeitive zeal

Favre is the media golden child so yeah for him it's looked at as positives for him but I'll be damned if before this past college season started if it didn't seem like the media wasn't trying to find every negative thing they could about Manziel to call him a distraction and even saying many times he should be benched because all the attention they (the media) were giving him was a distraction. They hate Manziel. Idk what he did, but they can't stand that kid and are waiting for him to fail.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Favre is the media golden child so yeah for him it's looked at as positives for him but I'll be damned if before this past college season started if it didn't seem like the media wasn't trying to find every negative thing they could about Manziel to call him a distraction and even saying many times he should be benched because all the attention they (the media) were giving him was a distraction. They hate Manziel. Idk what he did, but they can't stand that kid and are waiting for him to fail.

Look at the personas they have tho...although both of them come from money Farve is a good ol boy redneck ? ass ? .

Manziel is a kid that associates himself with Hip Hop culture which is inherently black. So his antics are somehow in thier mind influenced by this black culture which many of them resent.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? igudala big faced ass
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    Yeah how many of those same honkies that are calling him a ? got straight A's 4.0 in their high school years and how many of them got an invite into Stanford, one of the best academic Universities in the country...all Richard has to do is post his credentials but then again he really aint got ? to prove to these trollin racist ? .

it would hurt them an would be funny to watch them try to discredit him
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wi4ha9.jpg

lol @ this confused cracka. How you gonna defend once black man by racially attacking another?

and lmao @ Sherman doing this ? to hype is Beats commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HESJgpYYUyM
  • Matt-
    Options
    Favre was getting roasted late in his career for his behavior, especially after they had Rodgers on the bench. That's probably when the media and fans started to turn on him
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-b-atl.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1010215_687995707889146_1143089085_n.jpg[/img]
  • Matt-
    Options
    because not a single ? would be given
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So was espn first take good today??
  • d.green
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    From what I've seen in those twitter pics they didn't look like they came from the trailer park. And some now want Sherman to lose his endorement deals.

White people crazy

Garage Magazine Editor-In-Chief Dasha Zhukova Sits On A 'Black Woman' Chair In Shocking Editorial

o-DASHA-ZHUKOVA-570.jpg

WTF is this?!??
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah stephena touched on some very potent ? but annoyed me on his take of sherman in the initial interview

the hateful remarks should be just as a big of a headline
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-b-atl.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1010215_687995707889146_1143089085_n.jpg[/img]

Maybe I'm having a slow moment but what's significant about this pic?
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe I'm having a slow moment but what's significant about this pic?

That's sherman hugging the interviewer that was said to be "scared for her life" because the "wild ignorant ? " from Stanford University went ham on the mic.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Oh ok, I didn't see the comments about her being scared for her life.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thing is ...its not like he was yelling at her......he was looking at either the mic or the camera the whole time.
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are simply the comments made when that many non-black sports fans are angered by a crass Black athlete:

"Typical", "Thug", "? ", "Ape", "Chimp", "Monkey", "Classless", "Arrogant", "Cocky", even "Feral"

Is normal:
    Yti98zE.gif[img][/img]
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what type of grades did sherm get at stanford? julius peppers transcript got me rollin lmao
    peppers-transcript-1.png
  • d.green
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Bill Romanowski spit in a black man's face (JJ Stokes) on the field and not much was ever said about it.
    Then, he basically called Kordell Stewart to dumb to play QB.

Never heard him called a thug, n*gger, savage or anything.
    Funny sh*t.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    purpngold wrote: »
    what type of grades did sherm get at stanford? julius peppers transcript got me rollin lmao
    peppers-transcript-1.png

Hope whoever leaked that got the ? fired out of them.