Your current top 5 WWE in-ring performers

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reigns is the best out of that group Titus doesn't get used often on TV. Guess Darren Young came out the closet for nothing. Reigns is the only one of The Shied that could legitimately be the face of the company. He has that appeal. I personally think Rollins does too but most people don't see it. Reigns has presence and charisma. Says a lot without saying a thing. I think his body language and mannerisms are underrated. Catching up with The Shield matches I missed during the last few months I see that.

One thing for sure though; You see him you could buy him as a powerhouse ass kicker. Yet he also is handsome enough to woo the ladies who bring their kids like Cena. A guy like that could be the face of the company. This guy is the next Orton. The generational superstar but I think he'll become even better if they book him right. Which is pretty much as a new Goldberg but much more legitimate in the ring than Ryback because he's not hurting people.

I think in the eyes of management it's that he's not Brock but he could convincingly stand toe to toe with him within the WWE universe etc. can't fault them for sticking to their old company staple. When it's all said and done though all 3 of these guys will be stars. They balance each other well right now.

Rollins is better in the ring than Reigns by galaxies. He's just more polished and experienced there. Ambrose could talk but isn't as good as Rollins in the ring but Rollins still isn't great on the mic at least he's losing the lisp.

Reigns can't talk or hold his own in the ring to the extent that his partners could but like Goldberg he's been well protected and they only highlight his strengths and that has gotten him over. In the end because of that he has that element of excitement on his side.

You want to see if someone will match Reigns because you see him holding his own against the main eventers like it was nothing. That is what gives him that it factor and it's why he's being viewed as the "star". I think Reigns is the guy they've been looking for for the last 8 years now.

If the faction breaks up I see Ambrose Vs. Reigns being the main feud to come out of that though. It pretty much writes itself cause both characters are polar opposites. Great contrast to each other and you could buy them as arch rivals because of their past in the faction. Rollins will be kept the more neutral. Ambrose the heel and Reigns the silent but deadly big guy face archetype.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Goldust is going under the radar too. With all the excitement about Batista, Lesnar etc returning people forgot that Goldust, whose career is twice as long as both Lesnar and batista's combined, is having great matches sometimes twice a week.

This might be his best run, in ring since what the early 90s? Maybe even better than then. It's kinda sad hes looking to retire this year, hes still quite sharp. I honestly might replace Punk with him on my list.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dusty been puttin in work...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    word, i never remember goldust being this good, i aint seen a flyin hurricanrana in wwe in years
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Ceasaro
    Riegns
    Tytus
    Bryan
    Ziggler

Not a lot of love for tytus,big E or reigns...power guys can be good wrestlers to people

Power guys can be good, I just don't think their in ring performances are better than the rest of the guys we've been listing.

Examples of power guys that were good in ring are the Undertaker and Brock before he left in 2004. These current power guys ain't on that level yet.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Learn the secrets from Dustin Rhodes (Goldust) - Online wrestling seminar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMD_NGMZQGo
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dolph billy gun
    Daniel bryan
    Kofi kingston
    Cessaro plus that 'we the people' stuff with zeb an jack swag is hilarious lol
    Uso brothers.
    Honorable mention seth an roman.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options
    CM Punk
    John Cena
    D Bryant
    Del Rio
    HHH
  • VIBE
    Options
    Del Rio?

I hope Bully Ray powerbombs your mother off the highest building he can find.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bryan
    Kofi
    del Rio
    Roman reigns
    Cody Rhodes
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Del Rio?

I hope Bully Ray powerbombs your mother off the highest building he can find.

Why so irritated? ttitle didn't say "Top 5 characters" it said top 5 in ring workers and Del Rio definitely is one of their best guys today in ring.

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    ADR is a good worker you dont have to like his character but you dont gotta devalue everything he does either.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brock Lesnar
    Batista Antonio Cesaro
    DB
    Cody Rhodes
    Bray Wyatt

Honorable mention: The USO's

Honorable mention Big E Langston. He's starting to grow on me. Belly to belly >>> Belly to back.

A couple of more tweaks and dude would be a monster also that big ending is dope, I miss when he use to catch a ? 5 times with it.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I think Goldust is going under the radar too. With all the excitement about Batista, Lesnar etc returning people forgot that Goldust, whose career is twice as long as both Lesnar and batista's combined, is having great matches sometimes twice a week
    This is one of the first things I was gonna mention. Goldust has looked awesome in the ring the past few months. Probably better than ever. Adding new moves to your repertoire at the age of 44 and 20 years into your career >>>

Daniel Bryan of course
    Cesaro
    I like what Seth has done in the ring. Reigns is a beast but we need to see more from him than just spears, clotheslines and superman punches.
    I guess Dolph gets that last slot.

Kofi can still do some ill ? but has fell off in the past few years. He can't even do his SOS correctly anymore or hasn't done that ? where he jumps and gets both legs on the top rope in years.

As far as the females, Naomi has been impressive as hell.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brock Lesnar
    Batista Antonio Cesaro
    DB
    Cody Rhodes
    Bray Wyatt

Honorable mention: The USO's

Honorable mention Big E Langston. He's starting to grow on me. Belly to belly >>> Belly to back.

A couple of more tweaks and dude would be a monster also that big ending is dope, I miss when he use to catch a ? 5 times with it.

Belly to back >> belly to belly*
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Bryan
    Punk
    Cesaro
    Ziggler
    Rollins

My List exactly
  • VIBE
    Options
    Obvious that I'm joking w dude.

But I do not agree with ADR being a good worker. Here and there, yes, just not on a consistent basis.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ADR is a great worker but hes a mechanic. He's not entertaining enough to get people into his matches consistently.

It works if he has a good foil like Mysterio, Punk or Cena but against people who aren't that over he comes across as a bathroom break. It's unfortunate, I like dude.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Daniel Bryan
    2. The Usos
    3. Seth Rollins
    4. The Brotherhood
    5. CM Punk
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    1. Daniel Bryan
    2. CM Punk (Probably would have been number 1 but a lot of the more recent tag team matches I've seen him in have gotten predictable and scripted)
    3. Seth Rollins
    4. Randy Orton(that hanging DDT is nice)
    5. Damien Sandow(Just like his style in the ring)

As far as CM Punk, I think what it is, is that there was a time where he was being consistently booked in tag matches week after week and it would all be the same. he would just stay in his corner most of the match waiting for that hot tag. He'd do his little routine with a couple of drop kicks, that spinning neckbreaker and a high knee in the turnbuckle and that would be the extent of a lot of his matches. His one on one matches are a lot more interesting though.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Bryan
    Cody
    Cesaro
    Punk
    Rollins

new list

Seth
    Cesaro
    Bryan
    Bray Wyatt

Roman or Ziggler
  • VIBE
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Has to be current, not all time.

If you'd like to make mixed list from other promotions, go ahead.

We are looking at storytelling, athletism, move set, sells etc

1. Daniel Bryan
    2. Cody Rhodes
    3. Seth Rollins
    4. Kofi Kingston
    5. Randy Orton

1. Seth Rollins
    2. Daniel Bryan
    3. Cesaro
    4. Bray Wyatt
    5. Roman Reigns

• deshoun_alford
    deshoun_alford Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Options
    the usos, the sheild and naomi before the injury have made the wwe alot more exciting than it has been in years
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    1. Roman Reigns
    2. Dean Ambrose
    3. Daniel Bryan
    4. Bray Wyatt
    5. Dolph Ziggler
  • Markus Garvey
    Markus Garvey Members Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Options