Dem bill would end death penalty for federal law (look at them scurry!)

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    So it's not about the botched Ohio lethal injection? I guess they plotting assassinations then.

i can understand if that was the only thing addressed... but thats just waaaaay too much ? i mean look at it!

yall need to work for the federal government man... you'll learn their tactics.

I think democrats have a habit of going all out to get everything they want as soon as something pops off. It's like all the Gun legislation they tried to get after Sandy Hook. It's not often that there is a botched death penalty. That issue is very recent and was all over the news. Seems like the perfect to to pass a bill banning all Death Penalties on the federal level. They can't do it on the State level.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow Edward Snowden will be used in this not sure how yet but he will be...
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's not about the botched Ohio lethal injection? I guess they plotting assassinations then.

i can understand if that was the only thing addressed... but thats just waaaaay too much ? i mean look at it!

I think democrats have a habit of going all out to get everything they want as soon as something pops off. It's like all the Gun legislation they tried to get after Sandy Hook. It's not often that there is a botched death penalty. That issue is very recent and was all over the news. Seems like the perfect to to pass a bill banning all Death Penalties on the federal level. They can't do it on the State level.
    I may be reading this bill wrong but it actually seems to only be targeting specific circumstances. MY point being that there would be things that are still punishable by Death under Federal Law. My bigger question would be what are those crimes they deem worthy of Death then???
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

I may be reading this bill wrong but it actually seems to only be targeting specific circumstances. MY point being that there would be things that are still punishable by Death under Federal Law. My bigger question would be what are those crimes they deem worthy of Death then???

That part confused me too. It doesn't look like there would be much left over.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Call me a conspiracy theorist, but i thought this bill had more to do with the botched death penalty that occurred in Ohio.
    i have no idea what the logic behind it is, but if that's the argument, why are they not out there making it?
    I think democrats have a habit of going all out to get everything they want as soon as something pops off. It's like all the Gun legislation they tried to get after Sandy Hook.
    true, although i suppose this case DOES have the virtue of lacking the "if you don't agree with everything we want you're an extremist!!!" part
    That part confused me too. It doesn't look like there would be much left over.
    later in the article it seems to imply it would nix ALL federal death sentences, which is actually more logically consistent... so MAYBE this is all the work of one ? writer?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support the death penalty so I can't roll with this