Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    LOADED LUX!
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    Lux, because he came a did what he do ...... The Malcom X & Black Panther scheme worked with his style and he gave Hollow that work ...

Hollow tried to flip Lux own style on him and it didn't come off as well as he might have hope .... When he went back to his own style, it seemed outta place & trying to convince the crowd that Lux was on drugs ... didn't go over in the 1st or 3rd round ..... the whole notepad was part of his act ...... Who carries around a note pad and pencil besides dude off of blue's clue's?! LOL
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    Dope review @ Breeze
    this was a clash of ideology and angles of attack. a debate

This is on point...Definitely the foundation of the battle.
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    Da Riddler wrote: »
    jazzybella wrote: »
    Let me work....let me work!

What that mouf do?

:-? What that tongue do?
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    The question is, what it dont do? We can talk about that later tho.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    This dwade ? is a cornball

Eff y'all think I stay calling his punk ass out in the boxing thread for

I talked ? about b hop and tht ? been mad at me since
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Hollow brought out Calicoe's pops and had Lux speechless. Word play was refreshing too.....Lux had that preacher man style overloaded.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    As of right now.I feel that Hollow won

okay 1st round Lux was dope.he had a few big lines, but I was kind of not feeling him rapping in that same pattern as the Cal battle

Hollow comes in and rebuttals it and kills Lux w/ the Eddie Murphy line setting the stage for clowning

Hollow also had some real nice styles and had just as many heymakers within like the 1st 8-16 bars than Lux had in his whole round

2nd verse Hollow takes the angle of every Lux hater and takes some of Lux's mystique away.I think this is where he pulls out the notepad while Lux was rapping before his round.he pulled out that pad and acted like he was writing, then when it was his turn he tells him what he was writing.hilarious on the 2nd watch

3rd Hollow brings on Blackface and gets at him about a lot of ? ,while still being clever

I had Lux winning this, but Hollow had me dying with those gutter lines that hit hard and simple mixed with some complex wordplay and personality galore

I don't see how ppl say Lux won?, but I will say there wasn't a bad verse in that battle

This was almost like Clips vs Ill where Ill had great lyrics, but got outpunched

Hollow showed out
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Hollow 2-1.
    I'll break the ? down later.

It's still very debatable. But thats my initial feel.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    I gots Hollow taking it....Lux ? was really meh to me just my opinion
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watched it 3 times and i still edge Hollow. Lux constructed perfect rounds & thats his strength. after every round it seemed "no way Hollow can come back from this" and yet.....he did. That has to count. the fact people call this battle close speaks to Hollow. and the rebuttals he came up with were immaculate as the pen Lux wrote his attack with.

Thats not why he won.
    I lean (pun intended) Hollow because he neutralized Lux's main angle- That i am here to show u a better way by breaking u and building u back up. Not just the 3rd but from the gate. constant references to his holier than thou act and the fact that Lux is a drug user himself and then attacked our reverence of Lux sayin we have pre-made excuses for any flaw he might have and pretend everything he says is deeper than what it is.

When he flip Lux's Calicoe Lost ? scheme and not just to say "oh u just like us" but that Lux was a hypocrite more concerned with street praise than his own family is why.
    Hollow basically painted Lux as Chalky painted Dr. Narcisse from Boardwalk- a ? wit a dictionary

^^ Best part about that mini review- not once did i mention punchlines or the crowd. this was a clash of ideology and angles of attack. a debate. a rhyming roundtable... bka Hip Hop

^^ Well said!
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    R.D. wrote: »
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    This dwade ? is a cornball

Eff y'all think I stay calling his punk ass out in the boxing thread for

I talked ? about b hop and tht ? been mad at me since

Notice how I didn't even mention this ? and I'm on his mind. This ? is talking boxing in a Lux vs Hollow thread. Son still upset over Lamont Peterson's declining career. Moving along
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    This is one of those bar dudes vs. a dude that does everything things that Goodz was talking about in his blog.

Lux had some lines, but I felt like all of Hollow's punches were haymakers and Lux was jabbing with some of his ? . Plus, as far as props go, Hollow killed him. Lux's ? was just there to be there. If you're going to bring all this Black Panther stuff on stage, refer to it in a memorable way. Hollow did more with a 99 cent notebook than Lux did with $1,500 worth of clothes, signs, and extras.

To me, Hollow got this. Then we still gone front like Lux ain't choke/quit his second and call it a "courtesy" to Hollow? Lux was in no way weak, but to me this battle is the reverse of Ill Will vs. B Magic. Lux came out with wild bars and only bars, but everyone saying he won. Magic did the same to Will, but everybody saying Will won that 3-0.

Hollow ain't 3-0 him, but he definitely won that 2-1 to me for clarity, performance, punches, and wordplay. Lux still the man, but he lost.
  • The Nuisance
    The Nuisance Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    I really feel Lux won, but Hollow did wayyyy better than I expected so I'm just ? up the votes lol. Good battle tho.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    This is one of those bar dudes vs. a dude that does everything things that Goodz was talking about in his blog.

Lux had some lines, but I felt like all of Hollow's punches were haymakers and Lux was jabbing with some of his ? . Plus, as far as props go, Hollow killed him. Lux's ? was just there to be there. If you're going to bring all this Black Panther stuff on stage, refer to it in a memorable way. Hollow did more with a 99 cent notebook than Lux did with $1,500 worth of clothes, signs, and extras.

To me, Hollow got this. Then we still gone front like Lux ain't choke/quit his second and call it a "courtesy" to Hollow? Lux was in no way weak, but to me this battle is the reverse of Ill Will vs. B Magic. Lux came out with wild bars and only bars, but everyone saying he won. Magic did the same to Will, but everybody saying Will won that 3-0.

Hollow ain't 3-0 him, but he definitely won that 2-1 to me for clarity, performance, punches, and wordplay. Lux still the man, but he lost.

i see what you're saying but i look at it more like the Young Kannon vs Chilla Jones match where Hollow's round 2 approach can be summed up with one bar : "Why go over ? 's heads when a ? shot is between the eyes!"
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Mane I don't even wanna vote on this. A tie is an understandable decision. Hollows my favorite battler so it could be said I'm bias....I am tryna c the poll results though lol

Lux did what we thought he was gonna do. Bar for bar not many if anyone is ? with son in battle rap, hollow included....which is y hollow did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do and use angles, personals, and jokes ala a swave sevah.

How tf else can u beat lux?

U got other intelligent, immaculate bar writing rappers. Not all of them got "presence" though, as goodz will tell u.

I gotta watch this a couple more times to even attempt a lyrical breakdown.

Lux' 3rd was scathing! I think he did it against the right guy in hollow because hollow looked unscathed.

Plus he went a similar route tryna "talk" to lux and discredit him as well.

I'm just appreciating this battle right now, so ? a winner.

Daylyt was proved wrong for doubting hollow and that arguable battle with surf seems like good timing for surf.
    Cause hollow was way more focused in this.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Hollow just cuz u don't understand don't mean he nice is what I been saying lol as well the way he showed Lux as an hypocrite....? got their bias but Lux came light ..Hollow broke him down and was more entertaining
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Like @atribecalledgabi said. This battle comes down to basically you can initially catch Hollows ? easier so initially youre feeling Hollows rounds more but the more you watch the more you get Luxs punches each time.

This poll shoulda had a draw but ? I think most people have this as a draw/ debatable. Im going back n forth now.

Yesterday Hollow had me up until an hour ago now I dunno. Its all about how the shock wears off n youre mind starts listening to whats being said.

Amazing battle. I started contradictibg my own beliefs if what I look for in a battle cuz of this one.

Imma try to write down every bar for yall soon, so we can analyze this together.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    GodGivBiz wrote: »
    Like @atribecalledgabi said. This battle comes down to basically you can initially catch Hollows ? easier so initially youre feeling Hollows rounds more but the more you watch the more you get Luxs punches each time.

This poll shoulda had a draw but ? I think most people have this as a draw/ debatable. Im going back n forth now.

Yesterday Hollow had me up until an hour ago now I dunno. Its all about how the shock wears off n youre mind starts listening to whats being said.

Amazing battle. I started contradictibg my own beliefs if what I look for in a battle cuz of this one.

Imma try to write down every bar for yall soon, so we can analyze this together.
    It's like boxing also tho u know boxing judges can't say let us rewind the fight the next day to make we picked the right guy.... It's almost bout ur initial reaction to me
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loaded Lux
    Are you ? serious cuh ?

Hollow broke him down??? When he was asking Lux bout his lyrics, he sounded like Charlemagne asking Kanye about the fashion industry, ? with half a brain understood yet he stood there lost

....but ....but...what you mean Harlem hospital was giving out beds though...are they going out of business ?
  • alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    2-1 Hollow
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    R.D. wrote: »
    Are you ? serious cuh ?

Hollow broke him down??? When he was asking Lux bout his lyrics, he sounded like Charlemagne asking Kanye about the fashion industry, ? with half a brain understood yet he stood there lost

....but ....but...what you mean Harlem hospital was giving out beds though...are they going out of business ?

But he right cuz most ? have already stated they had to watch the ? over and over just to act like they get Lux ? ....
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Sion wrote: »
    If any of you is interested AHH is tryna find someone to do a quick write up on the battle that will be posted on the front page.

Either a summary of why you think so & so won or a top 10 best lines from the battle. Send me a PM if you're interested and have work to submit.

Regards,
    Sion

When do u need it?