Do ya'll think Beyonce was being a "bad influence" dancing freaky at the Grammys??

Options
kingblaze84
kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
I saw the performance for the first time last night and didn't think much of it, since it seems all famous women dance and dress like strippers these days. Maybe I'm just jaded. Then one of my clients called in (I work for a law firm) and stated how horrible an influence she is, because Michelle and Barack Obama called Beyonce a role model for all girls not that long ago.

Considering the president hailed Beyonce as a great role model just last month, do ya'll think Beyonce was right to dance as freaky and crazy as she did on Sunday? Or is it not that big a deal? It's a hot topic at my job, especially with the parents and most of them said they were ashamed of the performance. I'm especially interested on the opinions parents of girls have on this

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, it's just another case of white people in their feelings and parents (mostly white parents) complaining about what they and their kids see on television, knowing that they'll see something like that on there instead of being real parents.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    Nah, it's just another case of white people in their feelings and parents (mostly white parents) complaining about what they and their kids see on television, knowing that they'll see something like that on there instead of being real parents.

I feel you cuz by now, NO MUSIC SHOW is appropriate for kids anymore. Playing devil's advocate though, I can see why some parents were freaked out by Beyonce's dance moves and Jay-Z grabbing her ass on TV, it's not something the Grammys was known for showing around. MTV Music Awards is a whole different situation but I guess the Grammys is trying to be like them now......
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3kCWvPXukE

I actually just seen it now the performance was tame and sensual..

it wasnt over the top at all.

it just happened to be featuring two negroes.. you already know

And the grammies arent for kids its an award show mainly for the cliche 18-49 demo..

• kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Just watched the video again and it's a little raunchy bro lol, most people in my fam would look weird at it and I guess that's cuz they're from the Caribbean and many are religious. I know many people in the Caribbean get crazy in the parades and ? but many also aren't. You're right the show isn't for kids but parents are the ones freaking out the most on this online, the message boards are crazy out there and it ain't just White people talking ? ...some African kids I know are also talking ? , especially about Black American women but many Africans been talking like that

• kingblaze84
    Options
    Lmao@Katy Perry performing satanic rituals on stage and white folks focusing on Beyonce dance moves. White ppl will find anything to take credit from black folks, especially when they feel we're superior.

Very true Katy Perry almost summoned Satan on stage
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think it was that bad, plus Beyonce has been shaking her ass her entire career. Folks should be used to it by now.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    she's a damn pop star, let her dance how she wants
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? I know and how is a singer a role model? What she done for society except music? Michelle Obama is a role model to girls, female scientists are role models, people who risk their lives in medicine and defense for others are role models.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She shouldn't be an influence at all really.

That said, I'll admit that it's just weird to see her this open.

I had her a certain way in my head, whether it was a legit perception or not, and this new 'Yonce' does not coincide with that perception.

That has nothing to do with her though.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    she's an mk ultra sex slave! yeah I've watched to many of those youtube conspiracy videos.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea but so what, the tv isnt supposed to raise your children... I grew up with Marilyn Manson rocking ? and looking like a ? and I turned out fairly normal with firm values

I value entertainment for being that, but it does seem that they have replaced tasteful entertainment overtime with blatant sexcapades and ridiculous shock tactics
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beyonce Following the Playbook of Diana Ross catch up she just modernized it...
  • playmaker88
    Options
    ? was hardly a one on teh controversy scale.. remember mtv where they had a lesbian kiss for like 3 straight years which probably helped usher inthe young "lesbian" fad
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    I don't think it was that bad, plus Beyonce has been shaking her ass her entire career. Folks should be used to it by now.

This type of ? didn't become political until Obama came into the picture and now the right-wing feels the need to smear her by association. They'll attack her instead of Jay-Z because they think she's an easier target cause she's a woman. They still don't get the message that she's unapologetic about her Super Bowl performance. That song and her performance is just another reminder that entertainers not in politics don't give a ? about right-wing criticism.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, I was just disappointed in how small her ass was.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    Nah, I was just disappointed in how small her ass was.

I was also disappointed in it....for a lady who made Bootylicious, her ass is actually kinda flat. I couldn't marry a flat ass chick
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Beyonce Following the Playbook of Diana Ross catch up she just modernized it...

True, Donna Summers had some wild performances and songs too for her time
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    She shouldn't be an influence at all really.

That said, I'll admit that it's just weird to see her this open.

I had her a certain way in my head, whether it was a legit perception or not, and this new 'Yonce' does not coincide with that perception.

That has nothing to do with her though.

Yeah I thought this too, her singing about surfing on ? and getting the kitchen wet on the Grammys was surprising, considering the role model tag that Michelle Obama put on her just a few weeks ago.

I think the main reason her performance is so controversial (to many) is cuz people are afraid most female superstars will now use sex to sell and they're afraid their kids are gonna be influenced by it. Not to sound sexist but that ship has sailed out a long time ago, most female artists use sex to sell and have been doing so for decades now. Dancing as a stripper is if anything, a normal way to sell records now....most best selling female acts are practically naked on album covers now....feminists better not talk about objectifying women from this point on though if this is gonna be so accepted
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    you can also say gaga ,rhianna and Britney are also bad influences. they just need to be better parents and cut the tv off when they see beyonce gyrating in the presents of their children. kids these days are getting bombarded with sexual images even more these days given the technology we have at our disposal. as a kid at age 6-8 I was exposed to sex early when my brother used to find my dad's penthouse magazines and sex scenes in r rated movies. now its even worse because kids have easier access to these images so its on the parents to do their job if they want to complain don't complain to a co- worker complain to the fcc write a congressman or some ? I guess.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    ? you never heard of madonna
  • kingblaze84
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ? you never heard of madonna

Madonna was worse of course and she was called horrible names too, I think the shock for some is that people didn't expect Beyoncé, who was called a role model by both Obamas, to dance and act the way she did on national TV. There's a lot of people out there who aren't liberal as we are when it comes to stuff like this
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

I agree but what about the children?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

I agree but what about the children?

Seriously though, this society has a weird relationship with the human form. Do you want us to put on Amish gear and have women hide their ? slit in public so as not to incite the impressionable youth? You were just on here talking about the lack of beyonces ? . Children are reading this forum. Why aren't you as responsible as a contributing member of a highly visible forum.