Urban Legends

Options
dc's teflondon
dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
i don't know what made me think of this; but what are some of the urban legends from your city or hood that were passed down generation to generation..around my way we had "the bunnyman" and "the birdman"..bunnyman territory was up by rock creek park and he dressed in a pink a bunny suit and would chase people..the birdman territory was east of georgia ave and similar he dressed in a bird costume and would chase people..i personally never scene either; but you would always here stories of them chasing somebody..or as kids we would be out late at night and somebody would say they see one of them and we haul off running

Comments

• BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am a urban legend, constant rumors since birth.. but everybody from my hood knows I'm from the hood, born & raised in west Baltimore.. Since the INTERNET, I had wannabe psychics that think they know where Im from, from their readings. They can tell in my eyes thru the picture supposedly I'm not from the hood. I think some are in denial because they really look down on the hood and they think we all ? and ugly until the INTERNET.

thats the urban legend about my city that everyone is ? ? and ugly....but thats far from the truth.

Hint.. Google it, you can find out addresses on google. Google me baby you'll find out where I was born and lived all my life as a youth.
  • Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am a urban legend, constant rumors since birth.. but everybody from my hood knows I'm from the hood, born & raised in west Baltimore.. Since the INTERNET, I had wannabe psychics that think they know where Im from, from their readings. They can tell in my eyes thru the picture supposedly I'm not from the hood. I think some are in denial because they really look down on the hood and they think we all ? and ugly until the INTERNET.

thats the urban legend about my city that everyone is ? ? and ugly....but thats far from the truth.

Hint.. Google it, you can find out addresses on google. Google me baby you'll find out where I was born and lived all my life as a youth.

Keep it up boo boo. I hope you get that scholarship
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i always heard of the bunny man in the woods up the top of the village behind the apartments....he was supposed to be in leakin park too
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ODB stole 1 shoe.. not a pair just 1 shoe
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I heard about billie holliday they say she from Pennsylvania ave, and she got a statue in the apartments circle and they say moms mabley use to live by druid hill park. I was born on Pennsylvania ave, I heard it use to be a rich black neighborhood and stars lived around there including red fox.. I heard my grandfather and great grandmother use to sell weight... and was hood rich thats why I was born on the ave.. but by the time I was born half of the family was on drugs.. so maybe thats why people think I come from a rich family

http://youtu.be/vM880a92rgo

http://youtu.be/tovbPp-yVto
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    edited January 2014
    Options
    This is the RED FOX BAR LOCATION, and this is suppose to be where he's from some people outside cracking jokes.... They say alot of stars lived in Baltimore but was relocated to new york for career reasons, and they leave that out of the history. A lot of people think some Baltimore natives stars came out of new york when they were raised in baltimore..

http://youtu.be/5eYyEjqk-QI
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well in the CHI we had Homie the Clown dude dressed up like a clown kidnapping and killing kids. To this day ? swear they seen him. Some say they chase him off 47th and state around the projects.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Lizardman was the thing folks talked about around my way back in the day.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Theres this giant park that has biking trails for miles. Trees everywhere on both sides of the trails. Teens/junkies will Post up and rob people if they are alone too late at night. Rapes and stuff happen in there.

Everyone says its haunted because its really creepy in the fall/winter. Summertime its gorgeous but its eerie in the winter with all the dead looking trees. Doesnt help that when its windy it kind of sounds like screams because it whistles thru the trees. Every summer bodies show up because the snow melts and they were left under all the snow. Normally its homeless people though.

Other than that we got a lot of haunted hotels with some creepy stories, but nothing besides that i dont think.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That there used to be a witch/haunted house behind my homies house back in elementary-middle school.. I partially believe that ? to be true, we would see ? or hear random screams.

A classic is that evil ? of la llorona. Living by ditches and such all my life...well that legend I believe in I'll just say.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

0ulwP03.png
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This took a severe left turn...
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Beatles Paul McCartney died in 1966 in a car crash and that they replaced him with a look-alike...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_is_dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgjaSK0DC9Y
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My bad for my post didn't read the o/p jus the thread title but whatever tho
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IT made me terrified of Clowns. Then i learned about Gacy. ? clowns, i dont know who the ? would enjoy a clowns company. Even circus/carnival music creeps me out. This is something i have to live with for the rest of my life.

Damn near 24 years old and i still get goosbumps when i hear the music near ferris wheels.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    during highschool I've heard of the blackheart man from my Jamaican friends. it's some boogey man ? .

oops my mistake.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    oops got this wrong blackheart man was what those ignorant of rastarian religion called rastas. but I remember them talking about some Jamaican urban legend about some boogeyman type dude. I can't clearly remember though.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

0ulwP03.png

I like to aggravate, because people are jealous I come from Baltimore, I don't know why tho. It's a place people put down. I guess they want to believe we have all ugly ? chicks, and only people with no talent are born in the heart of the city. Thats why I keep bragging about my city, because it crushes peoples sterotype. I fit none of those sterotypes and I was raised in the HEART of the CITY. I'm proud of myself..*pat myself on back*
  • Splackavelli
    edited January 2014
    Options
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
    Being put down for where you come from will make you fight against the sterotype and become the opposite, then here come this. "you don't come from there" "you didnt go thru that" People just wish I would have DIED in the STREETS when I was younger.. so I could be a undiscovered Urban Legend
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hood urban legends are Goat.

2pac says 'i'm alive' at the end of some song
    'alcohol gon ? the germs'
    The vehicle that picks you up in an emergency is called the amperlamps
    The little candies you get from the store are called Natalaters.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    IT made me terrified of Clowns. Then i learned about Gacy. ? clowns, i dont know who the ? would enjoy a clowns company. Even circus/carnival music creeps me out. This is something i have to live with for the rest of my life.

Damn near 24 years old and i still get goosbumps when i hear the music near ferris wheels.

I'm not scared of clowns now but when I was younger like 5-6 I was watching that movie in the basement with my older bro and sis. Must've dozed off for a bit, wake up and I'm down there dolo in the dark staring at this ? on the TV shook. Pops dropped me off at daycare the next morning before school and didnt they have a life size cardboard cut out of a clown in the back of the room. I shredded that ? . straight snapped like that lil white boy in Looper. They ended up sending me to see a psychiatrist and ? to see if something was wrong with me lol. it was the only way they would keep me enrolled in the daycare. Imma go watch this ? now. RNS.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They pulled a chopped up ? out of a cattail slough round my way back in the early 90s. A local dog brought a limb home was the only way it was found.

As you can see here as I've circled the road, it makes sense as this is the first country, off the first country exit from Minneapolis. Kinda creepy.
    io16b4.jpg
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Hood urban legends are Goat.

2pac says 'i'm alive' at the end of some song
    'alcohol gon ? the germs'
    The vehicle that picks you up in an emergency is called the amperlamps
    The little candies you get from the store are called Natalaters.

that alcohol gone ? the germs is more like an old country home remedy my dad used to tell me them old folks used to say alcohol ? the worms.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The atrocious autocorrect mistakes in the op tho