Official NBA All Star Weekend//Trade Deadline Thread

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im just glad there are actual all stars willin to hop in the dunk contest this year
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently Harrison Barnes and Young Thrif Shop aka Ben Mclemore are also in the dunk contest.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wizards need to make a move..we got a log jam at the 3...ariza and webster are playing well; so that keeps porter on the bench..number 3 overall pick gets no time; and ariza is a FA at the end of the season..i know we in get to the play offs mode; but we have to start thinking about the future
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    wizards need to make a move..we got a log jam at the 3...ariza and webster are playing well; so that keeps porter on the bench..number 3 overall pick gets no time; and ariza is a FA at the end of the season..i know we in get to the play offs mode; but we have to start thinking about the future

Everyone is giving the Cavs a hard time for picking Bennett but Porter can't even get off the bench. They need trade Ariza and let that boy cook
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Everyone is giving the Cavs a hard time for picking Bennett but Porter can't even get off the bench. They need trade Ariza and let that boy cook

That draft was just trash period. That entire top 10 would be lucky to be lottery picks in the upcoming draft
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited February 2014
    Options

That draft was just trash period. That entire top 10 would be lucky to be lottery picks in the upcoming draft

It's hard to call the draft trash half way through the first season but... Yea this draft was ? . MCW_Antetokounmpo and Oladipo look like potential future all stars and there's still a few guys who can be solid starters like Burke, Noel Haradway jr and but no real franchise changers.
  • VisionBOasis
    VisionBOasis Members Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Options

It's hard to call the draft trash half way throughout the first season but... Yea this draft was ? . MCW_Antetokounmpo and Oladipo look like potential future all stars and there's still a few guys who can be solid starters like Burke, Noel Haradway jr and but no real franchise changers.

True Oladipo should be ROY for my Magic dude plays hard all the time.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mcw> dipo, no bias.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    State Farm All-Star Saturday Night

Posted Feb 6, 2014 9:24 PM
    What: State Farm All-Star Saturday Night
    When: Saturday, Feb. 15
    Where: New Orleans Arena
    TV: TNT coverage begins at 8 p.m. ET
    State Farm All-Star Saturday Night will be an event pitting West vs. East in four competitions. Each conference will be competing for charity. A total of $500,000 will be donated at the end of the night. For each competition $100,000 will go to the winning conference's charities, with $25,000 going to the charities of the runner-up.

Team East Captain: Paul George
    Team West Captain: Stephen Curry
    Sears Shooting Stars

EASTERN CONFERENCE:
    > Team 1: Tim Hardaway Jr. (NYK); Tim Hardaway Sr. (Legend); Elena Delle Donne (Chicago Sky)
    > Team 2: Chris Bosh (MIA); Dominique Wilkins (Legend); Swin Cash (Chicago Sky)

WESTERN CONFERENCE:
    > Team 1: Stephen Curry (GS); Dell Curry (Legend); Becky Hammon (San Antonio Stars)
    > Team 2: Kevin Durant (OKC); Karl Malone (Legend); Skylar Diggins (Tulsa Shock)

Taco Bell Skills Challenge
    EASTERN CONFERENCE:
    > Team 1: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee; DeMar DeRozan, Toronto
    > Team 2: Michael Carter-Williams, Philadelphia; Victor Oladipo, Orlando

WESTERN CONFERENCE:
    > Team 1: Trey Burke, Utah Damian Lillard, Portland
    > Team 2: Goran Dragic, Phoenix; Reggie Jackson, Oklahoma City

Foot Locker Three-Point Contest
    EASTERN CONFERENCE:
    > Arron Afflalo, Orlando
    > Bradley Beal, Washington
    > Kyrie Irving, Cleveland
    > Joe Johnson, Brooklyn

WESTERN CONFERENCE:
    > Marco Belinelli, San Antonio
    > Stephen Curry, Golden State
    > Damian Lillard, Portland
    > Kevin Love, Minnesota

Sprite Slam Dunk
    EASTERN CONERENCE:
    > Paul George, Indiana Pacers
    > Terrence Ross, Toronto Raptors
    > John Wall, Washington Wizards

WESTERN CONERENCE:
    > Harrison Barnes, Golden State Warriors
    > Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
    > Ben McLemore, Sacramento Kings
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Mcw> dipo, no bias.

Dipo is the fourth option and is playing a new position. MCW has the green light like a muthufuka so don't look into the numbers too much. Both guys can ball and have similar strengths and weaknesses but I think Oladipo is stronger..more physical and has better intangibles
  • TheBossman
    Options
    At least they added more people to the dunk contest
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    In a significant first in the event’s history, the competition will tip off with a Freestyle Round where the dunkers for each conference will have 90 seconds to showcase as many dunks as they want. At the conclusion of the Freestyle Round, the panel of judges will then choose a winner by voting “East” or “West.” The winning conference will earn the advantage of deciding whether its dunkers will dunk first or second in the head-to-head battles that take place in the Battle Round.

The Battle Round will feature head-to-head matchups pitting East dunkers vs. West dunkers, with the judges choosing a winner for each battle. Upon losing a head-to-head battle, that dunker is then eliminated from the competition. The first team to win three battles will win the competition and be crowned 2014 Sprite Slam Dunk champions.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kpuxras

on my af.r.i.c.a ? right now, add these picks into the equation

Detroit receives Bulls 2014 top 12 protected pick from the Cavs
    Cleveland receives NYK 2017 first round unprotected
    LA receives 2014 Kings top 12 protected pick from Cleveland/2015 first round pick from Cleveland (Bulls have to option to swap)

all teams win

New York gets a young star to go with Melo, Cleveland get a veteran and young big man to form a formidable front court and two solid young guards, and they keep there lottery pick where hopefully they can grab Marcus Smart, Detroit gets something for Monroe instead of losing him to free agency, they improve there bench depth while moving Smith to his natural position and get a pick in the process, LA gets two picks, Chandler to play center for the rest of Kobe's career and an expiring
  • TheBossman
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Mcw> dipo, no bias.

Dipo is the fourth option and is playing a new position. MCW has the green light like a muthufuka so don't look into the numbers too much. Both guys can ball and have similar strengths and weaknesses but I think Oladipo is stronger..more physical and has better intangibles

4th option on the second worst team in the NBA? cmon bruh.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Mcw> dipo, no bias.

We got vets..they gotta eat and last time I checked the sixers ain't exactly contending.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LA receives 2014 Kings top 12 protected pick from Cleveland/2015 first round pick from Cleveland (Bulls have to option to swap)

all teams win

New York gets a young star to go with Melo, Cleveland get a veteran and young big man to form a formidable front court and two solid young guards, and they keep there lottery pick where hopefully they can grab Marcus Smart, Detroit gets something for Monroe instead of losing him to free agency, they improve there bench depth while moving Smith to his natural position and get a pick in the process, LA gets two picks, Chandler to play center for the rest of Kobe's career and an expiring

This reads like a 2K trade
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »

all teams win

This reads like a 2K trade

Franchise mode in 2k sucked, at least back in 11 it did I don't know if they improved it, but you could never make a deal this good in the game

• TheBossman
    Options
    ["af.r.i.c.a.;6756332"]
    Mcw> dipo, no bias.

We got vets..they gotta eat and last time I checked the sixers ain't exactly contending.
    [/quote]

Your a magic fan? Iight I get it, but mcw will win the Roy award over dipo.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    ["af.r.i.c.a.;6756332"]
    Mcw> dipo, no bias.

Your a magic fan? Iight I get it, but mcw will win the Roy award over dipo.[/quote]

Probably but that doesn't make him a better player. MCW is a beast tho. Orlando and Philly are gonna run ? in the east in a few years.. both teams have legit young talent and 2 lotto picks in this draft on top of cap room and trade chips.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    ["af.r.i.c.a.;6756332"]
    Mcw> dipo, no bias.

Your a magic fan? Iight I get it, but mcw will win the Roy award over dipo.

Probably but that doesn't make him a better player. MCW is a beast tho. Orlando Boston and Philly are gonna run ? in the east in a few years.. both teams have legit young talent and 2 lotto picks in this draft on top of cap room and trade chips.
    [/quote]

• af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    I have a feeling Miami is gonna make a move. They get killed by teams with bigger front courts. Indy just picked up Bynum.. There are a lot teams in the west who have good PF/C combos and could get them in trouble if they meet I. The finals GS/SAS/LAC/POR f if Minnesota and Memphis ever get their ? together they would give the heat a good series. It's hard to see Bosh not opting out and getting his last max deal(he's 29). If they could move him for a future sidekick for Lebron preferably a inside defensive presence that would be ideal.
  • its....JOHN B
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I don't think Bynum helps Indiana but it was still a good move by keeping Bynum from potentially helping Miami
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    I don't think Bynum helps Indiana but it was still a good move by keeping Bynum from potentially helping Miami

If he could give them a solid 20 mins a game that would be enough. The pacers bench went from being their biggest weakness last season to now one of the best in the league. If they could add another quality guard they would be my pick to win it all.

• one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I see Afflalo getting traded to a contender. His game has elevated and his defense has been underrated.

This will be season Spurs make a deal. They desperately need one.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    I see Afflalo getting traded to a contender. His game has elevated and his defense has been underrated.

This will be season Spurs make a deal. They desperately need one.

Spurs are supposedly interested in Evan Turner. That would be a nice move.