2»

Comments

• MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    The Recipe wrote: »
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Somebody was watching this movie and was like .......
    th?id=H.4851514692731908&pid=15.1

Or maybe Pixer was paying homage to Richard Petty's 1970 Superbird

2hoe2rs.jpg

Ah, didn't no Petty drove one of those .......
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Somebody was watching this movie and was like .......
    th?id=H.4851514692731908&pid=15.1

Or maybe Pixer was paying homage to Richard Petty's 1970 Superbird

2hoe2rs.jpg

Ah, didn't no Petty drove one of those .......

Yeah Petty dominated in that car. The MOPAR WING CARS (Superbird & Daytona) were the 1st NASCAR cars to break the 200mph barrier... raced a total of 1 1/2 seasons and were then banned due to 'competitive advantage'. They beat the brakes off of Chevys and Fords in the 69/70 season usually coming in 1-2-3 in most races

kingswing.jpg
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got a ? So if you buy a clone will the resale value be higher? Or is it just something personally you want for yourself with no intent to resale?

Reason I asked I seen a car look clean as a whistle but it said clone and was a 1968. Asking price was 18,500 it's not a mopar though
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got a ? So if you buy a clone will the resale value be higher? Or is it just something personally you want for yourself with no intent to resale?

Reason I asked I seen a car look clean as a whistle but it said clone and was a 1968. Asking price was 18,500 it's not a mopar though

People make clones for varies reasons: cant afford the real car, can find the real car etc. Clones are worth significantly less than a matching numbers original (a car with original parts from when it was manufactured) car they are cloning. So if you buy a clone make sure you are getting a great deal because their may not be much resale value unless it is extremely rare or desirable. I saw a 1970 Plymouth Superbird Clone which is a rare car for 90,000 while the genuine Superbird is going for 120,000 and upwards to 300,000 numbers matching, hemi etc...

Here are some examples of other clones that are worth a fraction of what original is worth.

usuh3.png

Interesting read if you want to educate yourself a little more.

http://collectorcarmarket.com/content/articles/clones/collector_car_clones.html
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcPmHV1akp8

Cool watch if you got 30 mins on your hands
  • YC11
    YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2013 Chevy Camaro Zl1 is a looker. Dunno about those old muscle cars,