Bill Nye vs Ken Ham (Evolution vs Creation debate)

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1 Timothy 6:20 KJV

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Fckin pseudoscience, b. Even Darwin knew the ? was illogical
  • VIBE
    Options
    "illogical"

But you rely on it everyday
  • VIBE
    Options
    I found it funny af that in this debate, Ken used the bible to prove the bible.
  • VIBE
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-a-sjc.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t31/1780060_10152174305132418_1115923579_o.jpg?dl=1[/img]
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    VIBE....

The debate is stupid and assinine. Complete waste of time.

Both sides do not believe in the opposing sides' source. Therefore neither will budge from their position.

This only allows atheists to break an unlearned believers faith (bcuz most believers are unlearned because of THE LIES ENDORSED BY MAINSTREAM CHRISTIANITY).

This wont ever convert an atheist bcuz they simply dont believe in the Bible. Therefore anything that comes out of a "creationist" mouth is mocked and not taken seriously.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Ken had no sources.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    VIBE....

The debate is stupid and assinine. Complete waste of time.

Both sides do not believe in the opposing sides' source. Therefore neither will budge from their position.

This only allows atheists to break an unlearned believers faith (bcuz most believers are unlearned because of THE LIES ENDORSED BY MAINSTREAM CHRISTIANITY).

This wont ever convert an atheist bcuz they simply dont believe in the Bible. Therefore anything that comes out of a "creationist" mouth is mocked and not taken seriously.

bolded

1. no ?

2. what is an unlearned believers faith? This debate wasn't about faith but about facts, none of which Ken had to support his biblical claims.

You cannot use the bible to prove the bible, he should've used outside sources, like Bill did.

Ken even said that the base of the claims are in the bible and he can't prove it to us.

The ? kind of debating skills are those? How do you not have ONE piece of evidence to back up any claims made?

3. So, "mainstream christians" are not "christian" ? Sounds like the "no true Scotsman fallacy".

4. It can't be taken seriously if he isn't backing up his claims.

He came to a debate to prove that the creation story is more viable than the stance on evolution. He failed to support his side.

He made a knock on Carbon dating, which is fine, but he ignored the fact that the expanding universe was a way to date our universe. Why? He had no rebuttal for that.

He rambled on like he was a pastor rather than a debater.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Though I don't particular agree with all of Ken's points, I do agree that terms such as science or evolution is being interpreted as something that is...anti-religious. Also, I agree that you don't have to be atheist to practice science. I really couldn't get into any of them for I felt like the argument seemed to be made to be only about whether the Bible should be consider as viable a science book...no, wait...what was what the debate was about.

I hope, however, you are not using this debate by itself. There are other debates as well. There is also a thread somewhere that posted a video that does a convincing job of arguing for the existence of ? and the failings of science (unfortunately it became a sales pitch for Islam).
  • VIBE
    Options
    @alissowack

I posted this because it was recent. I think this went down Tuesday.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    @VIBE
    @oceanic
    @loch121
    @beenwize
    @emperorrising

Romans 3:3-4 KJV

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of ? without effect? ? forbid: yea, let ? be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @VIBE
    @oceanic
    @loch121
    @beenwize
    @emperorrising

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of ? without effect? ? forbid: yea, let ? be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

I shall not giveth a fucketh
  • VIBE
    Options
  • VIBE
    Options
    Let there be actually EVIDENCE to back claims, I'll be more inclined to believe.

You, on the other hand, are shown this evidence for evolution, age of the universe etc and still ignore it.

Plus, you rely on a book, written by men, in which your book claims are liars.

every/ man.

boxed yourself in, bruh
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Gave you an ether out of pity @VIBE

2 Peter 1:20-21 KJV

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of ? spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Your gripe is that unbelievers will not believe, and that's correct, we will never believe off the basis of the bible.

"This book says so!"

If Bill Nye pulled out a science book and said, "hey, earth is 4.6 billion years old because it says so here", would you not scoff at the ridiculousness of that? He presents no evidence, just a blind belief because of some words in a book. You would ridicule him.

The same happens within your book, you cannot use your bible to prove your bible. The ? kind of ? is that? If you can present factual, observable evidence, people would believe be you.

The fossil record proves there was no creation story, it's up to you and yours to prove us otherwise. Show us anything that's out of place that would prove the creation story.

Then your evidence will be researched.

If you only have a book, then your claims and bible verses mean nothing.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Your gripe is that unbelievers will not believe

Gripe? No.
    3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of ? without effect?

I simply have a tendency to respond to posts that spread misinformation about something I care about deeply. Which is, the truth.

Because

Hosea 4:6 KJV

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: -.....
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Quotes and Quotes and Quotes. How convenient. They thought of every defensive non answer to anything people would call them out on. It's like why this, why that? Here comes the bible quote.

Man shall question and they shall not know and so thy shall know that ? knows and only the wicked will not know that ? knows what man does not know so says the Word of ? written through man according the man. Know ? .

Word?
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options

Gripe? No.
    3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of ? without effect?

I simply have a tendency to respond to posts that spread misinformation about something I care about deeply. Which is, the truth.

Because

the more you quote that book the dumber you look.. men write words in book and you act as if ? wrote it because it says all scripture is given by ? .. yet many other books say that as well.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Quotes and Quotes and Quotes. How convenient. They thought of every defensive non answer to anything people would call them out on. It's like why this, why that? Here comes the bible quote.

Because the Word is my defense. The Word is my sword.

Ephesians 6:16-17 KJV

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of ? :
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »

Gripe? No.

Because

the more you quote that book the dumber you look.. men write words in book and you act as if ? wrote it because it says all scripture is given by ? .. yet many other books say that as well.

I only speak in favor of the ? of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The Most High, I AM THAT I AM, Ahayah Asher Ahayah (Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh).

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @VIBE
    @oceanic
    @loch121
    @beenwize
    @emperorrising

It is not proper for a wise man who protects truth to come to the conclusions: 'This alone is Truth, and everything else is false'
    - Buddha, Canki-sutta
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Did this buddha believe in the ? of Abraham?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buddha surpassed yahwah and reached true enlightenment.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Buddha surpassed yahwah and reached true enlightenment.
    Maybe he did. Did he believe in the ? of Abraham? And who is yahweh?