Is Excessive Police Force OK In THESE Situations?

Options
DarcSkies
DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in The Social Lounge
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhhYtpLRn8b7PnkYcB

So long video short this lady's 13 year old got killed and a few days later her 19 year old got shot and killed. So basically two of her children died within a month.

If you pay attention there wasnt exactly a strong male presence in the video (I know...maybe they were at work at the time) but still...that is a factor. BUt nonetheless when a community has obviously been taken over by gangs and there are lives being lost at this rate...

WHY NOT HAVE THE POLICE JUST WREAK SHOP? If your ass gangbanging and doing that type of ? in 2014 why dont you deserve the ? kicked out of you?

Just for one week cops just come through...if you ? your ass gets rolled the ? up until it's made clear that that type of ? is not going to be accepted in that particular community...

Part of me blames them because there is a reason those kids were raised to think that ? is OK. But at what point is enough enough and you have to not blame the police for ? these lil ? up?

Thoughts?

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    i think there's a difference between "i understand how police officers get jaded and unsympathetic" and "i can cosign excessive police force with a straight face"
  • DarcSkies
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I think so too.

But certain people like these child killers (who may have even been children themselves) need the ? kicked out of them short term.

Long term economic issues need to be addressed. Far as Im concerned if the parents dont get these little basttards by the neck then its fair game for the police to do it.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My problem with the medieval 'guilty until proven innocent' annihilate-the-whole-area-until-justice-prevails-over-evil approach is that it comes with the risk of destroying the lives of innocent people, gives the police a free pass to racially profile and perpetuates the idea that all blacks are a violent monolithic mob that you must use excessive violence against to 'tame'. The majority of white cops already think that ? , why indirectly give them a cause to justify their racist generalizations.

In a perfect world I'd agree with the wreck shop approach if there was a way to spare all innocent people because it would be a fast, efficient solution to eliminate the criminals. However, in reality it just isn't feasible due to the costly risks involved.
  • DarcSkies
    Options
    I agree. BUt my rebuttal to that is there are obviously people there who knew that things where getting out of hand and were too cowardly to do anything about it.

Chances are these thugs are outnumbered. Just takes a community to stand up for each other and their own damn children. But when they dont...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Generally id say let them cats catch slugs no ? given

I must say I felt a little uneasy when I seen that video some years back when they expended more bullets on that dude on his porch than they let of in the jungle in the Predator movie that ? was dehumanizing...but a part of me was indifferent
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need the "Hood/Green Arrow" to wreck shop on all these ? negrodrials. Get them out of the ? gene pool so blacks can have a chance.
  • FatterThanKat
    FatterThanKat Members Posts: 677
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If it's excessive isn't it by definition more than the acceptable amount?
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mostly because you'd have to trust police to "wreck shop" correctly. Which I don't and never will. In the first 5 minutes of said shop wrecking I see no less than 3 innocent people being harassed and hauled off while the dope boys pay to stay on the block. Sounds like a skin heads ? , go uptown and ? with the colored.
  • DarcSkies
    Options
    If it's excessive isn't by definition more than the acceptable amount?
    LOL Yes, but this is a "you know what I mean" kinda situation. I dont exactly have the language right...

Ill try to edit it to say "aggressive" Police action...
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    The majority of white cops already think that ? , why indirectly give them a cause to justify their racist generalizations.
    not really sure why "white" and "racist" have to be in this sentence. because it works without them.
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Ill try to edit it to say "aggressive" Police action...
    some of this also depends on what you want the police to do. i'd like them to try ACTUAL "community policing," not cracking heads under that label. but it won't hammer the unsalvageable offenders that i think you're primarily concerned with (and i do agree that there's a percentage of offenders, however small, that you're just NEVER going to rehabilitate). that said, i think the former is more important than the latter.

• Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In a perfect world I'd agree with the wreck shop approach if there was a way to spare all innocent people because it would be a fast, efficient solution to eliminate the criminals. However, in reality it just isn't feasible due to the costly risks involved.

Innocent people are already dying. These kids are prime examples.

The majority of the violent crimes are committed by a very small minority of people. Someone who has pulled the trigger in this instance so callously will likely do so again until they are caught or killed themselves.

The Police for the most part know who these people are. They have records full of assaults, robbery, domestic violence etc. Maybe when we stop filling our prisons with the losing war on drugs, cops can more vigorously go after these people and keep them locked up for the rest of their lives.

• GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone who needs to depend on the police to do something like this is ignorant and ? of the earth. You show your ignorance to even ask if this would be okay. You do understand that police are just people? Why do you need to give another person the right to do whatever they want to? You do understand that black kids are being murdered everyday and lives devalued by the system that employs the police called the government?

We are in a police state because people are too quick to give up personal responsibility to the piggish system
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhhYtpLRn8b7PnkYcB

WHY NOT HAVE THE POLICE JUST WREAK SHOP? If your ass gangbanging and doing that type of ? in 2014 why dont you deserve the ? kicked out of you?

Just for one week cops just come through...if you ? your ass gets rolled the ? up until it's made clear that that type of ? is not going to be accepted in that particular community...

Part of me blames them because there is a reason those kids were raised to think that ? is OK. But at what point is enough enough and you have to not blame the police for ? these lil ? up?

Thoughts?

The police already do this kind of ? with the whole war on drugs and the wrong doors end up getting kicked in and innocent people end up getting killed because of that kind of reckless mentality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Aiyana_Jones

The only real solution to fixing black communities is by gettin these ? to raise their children so they don't get into this kind of ? . That can't be done if black men keep getting targeted and thrown in jail with mandatory minimum sentences for minor drug charges or if these politicians keep passing these laws that target african americans and make it harder for black families to stay together. We're stuck in a self perpetuating system that was designed to tear down our communities from the beginning.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah...
    a lot of the issues that underlie the condition of the community get ignored when we rely on "law enforcement" as the remedy...
    law enforcement is a tool, not an ends...
    allowing the police to go to war against gangs only speeds up the process started at other institutions...
    I'm working on some Problem Solving Policing ? ... what I have seen so far is that third party policing, place management, and community involvement are the keys to violence abatement...
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Violence does not stop crime