Tha Hell is Wrong with Marcus Smart? (Shoves a Fan)

Options

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After hearing that video Smart overreacted.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That wasn't a Smart move.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i must be the only one that thinks its irrelevant what the dude or any fan yells to a player. as a league, you can't go out and say that "its never ok to attack a fan...but we'll make some exceptions if it was racist, bigoted, or any other form of insult that we may deem as warranting a response from the player"
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    i must be the only one that thinks its irrelevant what the dude or any fan yells to a player. as a league, you can't go out and say that "its never ok to attack a fan...but we'll make some exceptions if it was racist, bigoted, or any other form of insult that we may deem as warranting a response from the player"

I feel that more fans need to be attacked by players... perhaps then they'll know to keep the dumb bigoted opinions to themselves.
  • Matt-
    Options
    GettinLo wrote: »

I feel that more fans need to be attacked by players... perhaps then they'll know to keep the dumb bigoted opinions to themselves.

and thats fine, but i'm talking about how they determine suspensions. players can go after whoever they want to for whatever reason, but they, nor anyone else should have the expectation that they won't face punishment. the "he started it" defense won't really get you too far.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was thinking it was gonna be 5 games.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    playing basketball in junior high school in 1990 , we had a school on the schedule known for their racism. before the game on the bus, the coach told us we're about to go into an environment that most of us may have never encountered before and don't let what they say, throw at us, or do to us, bother our game.

when we arrived at the school, they wouldn't even let us into the locker room, claiming it wasn't suitable for our team to be in because "the heat doesn't work". So we had to sit on the bus up to the time to do our warm ups. When we came up to the school and they let us in the double doors, we had to walk through the tunnel, and the place was pure mayhem. They shouted ? down on us, they threw ice, and water down on us. Lord knows if they spit on us. You could feel the hostility like a 1000 pound gorilla on our heads. The pressure of the racism was too much for us to even try to handle. From that moment, we were shook 13-15 year olds who only heard/seen of this ? on videos during Black History Month. We were living that ? , for real.

During the game, they already had us mentally/psychologically because of the crowd, but then they physically beat us up during the game, because of what happened before the game. We didn't put up much of a fight. Our coach took anyone out who got pushed out of their box and didn't hustle for rebounds. The referees were enjoying our beating and let all types of ? slide because we were playing like ? 's. At halftime, one of my teammates made a joke, and coach didn't play him at all during the second half. We lost that game, and it was the last game we lost for the rest of the season. When that school came to our court, we hung 100 on them in revenge. We didn't retaliate physically when all that ? went down, we beat them down on the court.

That ? was a lesson learned and a memorable moment in my life dealing with racism in sports.

Damn son , was this in philly? Sounds like you had ol boy on the opposite sideline

Alan-Tudyk-42.jpg
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It had to been a racial remark from the cracka
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    ? that cracka

black power

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    playing basketball in junior high school in 1990 , we had a school on the schedule known for their racism. before the game on the bus, the coach told us we're about to go into an environment that most of us may have never encountered before and don't let what they say, throw at us, or do to us, bother our game.

when we arrived at the school, they wouldn't even let us into the locker room, claiming it wasn't suitable for our team to be in because "the heat doesn't work". So we had to sit on the bus up to the time to do our warm ups. When we came up to the school and they let us in the double doors, we had to walk through the tunnel, and the place was pure mayhem. They shouted ? down on us, they threw ice, and water down on us. Lord knows if they spit on us. You could feel the hostility like a 1000 pound gorilla on our heads. The pressure of the racism was too much for us to even try to handle. From that moment, we were shook 13-15 year olds who only heard/seen of this ? on videos during Black History Month. We were living that ? , for real.

During the game, they already had us mentally/psychologically because of the crowd, but then they physically beat us up during the game, because of what happened before the game. We didn't put up much of a fight. Our coach took anyone out who got pushed out of their box and didn't hustle for rebounds. The referees were enjoying our beating and let all types of ? slide because we were playing like ? 's. At halftime, one of my teammates made a joke, and coach didn't play him at all during the second half. We lost that game, and it was the last game we lost for the rest of the season. When that school came to our court, we hung 100 on them in revenge. We didn't retaliate physically when all that ? went down, we beat them down on the court.

That ? was a lesson learned and a memorable moment in my life dealing with racism in sports.

Damn son , was this in philly? Sounds like you had ol boy on the opposite sideline

Alan-Tudyk-42.jpg

Nah, the school in question is Oakton High in Vienna, Virginia.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Alan-Tudyk-42.jpg

Nah, the school in question is Oakton High in Vienna, Virginia.

My alma mater!!

The Internet = Big Place In A Small World

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We played a school in HS that was in Kansas and those crackas were salty from jump. Throwing ? at our bus as we left, and a Sheriff's Deputy was parked in the parking lot watching it like it was nothing.

Our coach told the driver to stop the bus and he got off. THEN the Sheriff's deputy flipped his lights and drove over.

lol. Nothing Matt's people do surprises me.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In a year or two this will be forgotten, Marcus Smart will go on to make prolly 10-15million on his rookie contract, may get a max deal if (who knows) he's that dude.
    Hope he remembers this, he was in a lose lose situation, in the end shoving was better than two piecing.
  • Matt-
    Options
    I think most anyone who has played sports on some level has had a marcus smart moment. I know I did. At home game too. Playing baseball and some fan kept heckling me, calling me names, telling me I wasn't ? . It got so bad I left the dugout and went up in the bleachers and told my dad to please be quiet
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black excellence

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds how it was playing in Philadelphia,ms.. One of the most racist places in MS History... We went up there to play Neshoba Central, they called us all kinda ? , and ? and monkeys..we ended up getting dress in that Lil shed becuz something was suppose to be wrong with the gym.. . The refs called back at least 5 tds... And we still put a basketball score on that ass.. 57-6 and they bullshited like ? to get those 6.. They threw all kinda ? at our bus when we were leaving and I was just thinking.. Who the ? picked for us to come all the way to this ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't cosign dude for two reasons.

1) He took it to the physical. I might give him a pass of the fan spit on him or threw something on him, but you can't go attacking fans just because they say something mean to you. I'm guessing his goals are to get to the NBA. Well when he does, he's going to hear that ? every game. Is he going to push every fan in attendance? He's on the road to being a millionaire. Why risk that just to put hands on some silly racist fan?

2) If everybody else can resist the temptation to do that, why not him? Kevin Durant defended him, and that's nice, but Durant noted that he went through the same thing. Yet, he didn't push any fans. As a matter of fact, black players have been going through that for decades, and none have ever reacted like this to such small provocation. Dude has to smarten up.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds how it was playing in Philadelphia,ms.. One of the most racist places in MS History... We went up there to play Neshoba Central, they called us all kinda ? , and ? and monkeys..we ended up getting dress in that Lil shed becuz something was suppose to be wrong with the gym.. . The refs called back at least 5 tds... And we still put a basketball score on that ass.. 57-6 and they bullshited like ? to get those 6.. They threw all kinda ? at our bus when we were leaving and I was just thinking.. Who the ? picked for us to come all the way to this ?

Which school you play for? And smh, that's sounds right for Neshoba County. Only place worse some of the private academies up north in the MS Delta..
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We played a school in HS that was in Kansas and those crackas were salty from jump. Throwing ? at our bus as we left, and a Sheriff's Deputy was parked in the parking lot watching it like it was nothing.

Our coach told the driver to stop the bus and he got off. THEN the Sheriff's deputy flipped his lights and drove over.

Name of school?
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KU Beezy wrote: »

Name of school?

I wanna say Independence, but it was south of Wichita and close to Oklahoma. Might've been a Coffeyville school. We played both about twice each back in HS.

It was a southern Kansas school because I remember the ride was less than 2 hours (from Tulsa.)
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmm I can see Independence but not coffeyville