Iran says warships sailing towards U.S...........But you still won't believe the prophets?

Options

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    140 new replies and folks can't agree on what their books says.

You ? is hilarious to watch.

Only mature believers can digest meat. This is meat we are dealing with, not milk. Amen.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    stop fear mongering. fear is not the spirit of ? .

You keep talking about fear? Why you scared? Nothing to be scared of when you follow what ? tells you to do.

"Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man." Luke 21:36

Be a doer of the word and not just a hearer only. Amen.

I am not scared and unlike you I am not clamoring for doomsday like a madman or spreading fear

people trying to predict doomsday is how we ended up with the Jehovah's witnesses. so stop it you can't read the signs of the times so stop trying.

Your not scared but you keep talking about "fear"? Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhttttttt.

Tell me what you have in common with these folks?

Shephatiah the son of Mattan
    Gedaliah the son of Pashur
    Jucal the son of Shelemiah
    Pashur the son of Malchiah

(Hint you can find the answer in Jeremiah 38)

I WAS not talking about me. I was giving my opinion on what your are doing and your motives behind this thread and your are trying to turn it around on me instead of looking at yourself. You are using the "old ? is coming back so you better repent or go to hell tactic" and you are pointing out all these word events to prove this. That is not the positive way to bring people into the fold.

But your acting just like the men in Jeremiahs day who denied the signs of the times, the prophet of ? , and the word of ? . The refused to believe that judgment was coming and tried to ? Jeremiah because he preached the truth. Judgment is coming. And nothing you say will prevent it. ? is going to judge the world and the first domino to fall is Babylon the Great. This will lead to the start of the tribulation period aka the 70th week of Daniel aka the time of Jacobs trouble. Amen.

"I have begun to punish Jerusalem, the city that bears my name. Now should I let you go unpunished? No, you will not escape disaster. I will call for war against all the nations of the earth. I, the LORD of Heaven's Armies, have spoken!'

30Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.

31A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.

32Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.

33And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground."
    Jeremiah 25:29-33

Study the word of ? my friend. This is prophecy and this will be accomplished. You can do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth. Amen.

Can you stop just stop. Judgement is coming and all that so stop acting like you know when you are not a prophet.
    That is one of the problem i have with you and and people like you many people have been lead to poverty and death because of people like you telling them the end is near stop it you are doing more harm than good

Again, your words reveal that you don't even know your own idenitity in Christ. No wonder your clueless.

All believers are prophets.

"And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship ? : for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Revelation 19:10

All who confess Christ as LORD and Savior have the spirit of prophecy. Stop always trying to argue everything and do some studying my brother. Your looking real foolish out here.

"a fool's voice is known by multitude of words." Ecclesiastes 5:3

Amen.

I am talking about you what part of that can't you understand.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

You keep talking about fear? Why you scared? Nothing to be scared of when you follow what ? tells you to do.

"Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man." Luke 21:36

I am not scared and unlike you I am not clamoring for doomsday like a madman or spreading fear

people trying to predict doomsday is how we ended up with the Jehovah's witnesses. so stop it you can't read the signs of the times so stop trying.

I WAS not talking about me. I was giving my opinion on what your are doing and your motives behind this thread and your are trying to turn it around on me instead of looking at yourself. You are using the "old ? is coming back so you better repent or go to hell tactic" and you are pointing out all these word events to prove this. That is not the positive way to bring people into the fold.

But your acting just like the men in Jeremiahs day who denied the signs of the times, the prophet of ? , and the word of ? . The refused to believe that judgment was coming and tried to ? Jeremiah because he preached the truth. Judgment is coming. And nothing you say will prevent it. ? is going to judge the world and the first domino to fall is Babylon the Great. This will lead to the start of the tribulation period aka the 70th week of Daniel aka the time of Jacobs trouble. Amen.

"I have begun to punish Jerusalem, the city that bears my name. Now should I let you go unpunished? No, you will not escape disaster. I will call for war against all the nations of the earth. I, the LORD of Heaven's Armies, have spoken!'

30Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.

31A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.

32Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.

33And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground."

Study the word of ? my friend. This is prophecy and this will be accomplished. You can do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth. Amen.

Can you stop just stop. Judgement is coming and all that so stop acting like you know when you are not a prophet.
    That is one of the problem i have with you and and people like you many people have been lead to poverty and death because of people like you telling them the end is near stop it you are doing more harm than good

Again, your words reveal that you don't even know your own idenitity in Christ. No wonder your clueless.

"And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship ? : for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Revelation 19:10

All who confess Christ as LORD and Savior have the spirit of prophecy. Stop always trying to argue everything and do some studying my brother. Your looking real foolish out here.

Amen.

All you do is argue. And when you speak on subjects you have no clue about your foolishness comes to the surface. Stop trying to argue everybody on every subject and humble yourself before ? . It will go a long way in helping you understand things for once. Amen.
  • zombie
    Options

Amen.

All you do is argue. And when you speak on subjects you have no clue about your foolishness comes to the surface. Stop trying to argue everybody on every subject and humble yourself before ? . It will go a long way in helping you understand things for once. Amen.

I understand perfectly what you believe about doomsday bible prophecy. I simply don't agree with you and don't like the way you talk as if you know definitely that you are right.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_ships_of_the_Islamic_Republic_of_Iran_Navy

Branches and manpower

Navy

Marines

Aviation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_ships_of_the_United_States_Navy

323,951 active duty personnel[3]
    109,738 reserve personnel[3]
    283 ships[3]
    3,700+ aircraft
    10 aircraft carriers
    9 amphibious assault ships
    10 amphibious transport docks
    12 dock landing ships
    22 cruisers
    62 destroyers
    17 frigates
    3 littoral combat ships
    71 submarines

STOP IT.

"Though Babylon should mount up to heaven, and though she should fortify the height of her strength, yet from me shall spoilers come unto her, saith the LORD." Jeremiah 51:53

? is the one who orchestrates the judgment. When the day comes, nothing will be able to stop what was already determined to happened thousands of years ago. Amen.

hell of an interpretation you got there.

Babylon the Great is the most mightest nation on planet earth. And even though Babylon can mount up to heaven (NASA) and strengthen her defenses from outer space (HAARP, Satellites), it will all be for nought when the prophecy is fullfilled.

This Babylon is simply the greatest Nation on Earth? That's a very broad and ever changing definition isn't it? I mean today its the United States, tomorrow it could be China. During the Cold War it could have been the United States, or Russia. During WW2, it could have been GErmany, Japan, Russia, or The United States.

And that's just judging Nations on Military might. How does one judge the greatest Nation on Earth? Is the Nation with the strongest Military, the most people, the most money, or the Nation where its people are the most free?

For all we know Switzerland could be the greatest Nation on Earth at the moment as they have a lot of things going for it.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Amen.

I understand perfectly what you believe about doomsday bible prophecy. I simply don't agree with you and don't like the way you talk as if you know definitely that you are right.

? is the one who is right. You either believe His word or you don't. I'm just a messenger. ? has given me this hill to climb and by His grace I will climb it to the top. Amen.
  • zombie
    Options
    your message is wrong you present your own understanding as fact. without saying it's just opinion.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_ships_of_the_Islamic_Republic_of_Iran_Navy

Branches and manpower

Navy

Marines

Aviation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_ships_of_the_United_States_Navy

323,951 active duty personnel[3]
    109,738 reserve personnel[3]
    283 ships[3]
    3,700+ aircraft
    10 aircraft carriers
    9 amphibious assault ships
    10 amphibious transport docks
    12 dock landing ships
    22 cruisers
    62 destroyers
    17 frigates
    3 littoral combat ships
    71 submarines

STOP IT.

"Though Babylon should mount up to heaven, and though she should fortify the height of her strength, yet from me shall spoilers come unto her, saith the LORD." Jeremiah 51:53

? is the one who orchestrates the judgment. When the day comes, nothing will be able to stop what was already determined to happened thousands of years ago. Amen.

hell of an interpretation you got there.

Babylon the Great is the most mightest nation on planet earth. And even though Babylon can mount up to heaven (NASA) and strengthen her defenses from outer space (HAARP, Satellites), it will all be for nought when the prophecy is fullfilled.

This Babylon is simply the greatest Nation on Earth? That's a very broad and ever changing definition isn't it? I mean today its the United States, tomorrow it could be China. During the Cold War it could have been the United States, or Russia. During WW2, it could have been GErmany, Japan, Russia, or The United States.

And that's just judging Nations on Military might. How does one judge the greatest Nation on Earth? Is the Nation with the strongest Military, the most people, the most money, or the Nation where its people are the most free?

For all we know Switzerland could be the greatest Nation on Earth at the moment as they have a lot of things going for it.

The prophecy describes Babylon in great detail. Revelation 17 tells us this:

"The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.” Revelation 17:18

The woman is Babylon the Great and she rules over the kings of the earth. How does she do it?

1. By her military power, which ? describes as being "the hammer of the whole earth".

"How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations!" Jeremiah 50:23

2. Babylon is the KEY Commercial Nation and Engine of Wealth for the World’s Economy.

The biggest stock exchanges in the world are located here. The NYSE and the NASDAQ

"11“The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes anymore— 12cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble; 13cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and human beings sold as slaves.

14“They will say, ‘The fruit you longed for is gone from you. All your luxury and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.’ 15The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn 16and cry out: Woe! Woe to you, great city, dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet, and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls! 17In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!’"
    Revelation 18:11-17

3. All the nations come to Babylon to meet up. It's not by coincedence that the United Nations HQ is in New York

"And I will punish Bel in Babylon, and I will bring forth out of his mouth that which he hath swallowed up: and the nations shall not flow together any more unto him: yea, the wall of Babylon shall fall." Jeremiah 51:44

This is just a smidgen of the descriptors of Babylon that America fits like a glove. None of these characteristics fit China, Russia, Switzerland, Japan, or any other nation but America.

If America were to be destroyed tonight in 1 hour, the whole world would be flipped upside down in an instant. Chaos would ensue. You know it, I know it, and the world knows it. And guess what? That's exactly what will happen 1 day. America will be destroyed by fire in 1 day and in 1 hour. The world will be turned upside down and the antichrist will rise to power in order to bring stability to a world that has plunged into anarachy. The Bible says that by peace the antichrist will destroy many! But let me not go down that trail right now. The focus is on Babylon. And Babylon is America. No and's, if's, or but's about it. Amen.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even though I disagree with your overall view point, Goated for that reply.

Props.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I believe the Word I can't get with the attitude of this being a great thing.
    I know its Gods will to be done no disputing that but I just feel to bask in it is wrong.
    I'm not saying that's what you're doing but it feels that way.
    It should be used as a tool to spread the word for what's about to come not as a means of saying "ha just you wait and see"
    As a Christian the end is a glorious thing because it means to be finally present with the Lord but for those that don't know Him it means their destruction and I can't rejoice in that.
    They should be taught the way out not ridiculed for their ignorance.
    so as someone who reads (not everything I'm getting better) I don't wish this destruction to come asap I want as many ppl to be saved as possible.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    I'm trying to teach them the way out J-Breezy. Day in and day out I preach Jesus Christ. He is the way, the truth, and the life. He is the way of escape. Amen.

Every now and then when a sign pops up, I will also speak on that because I am always watching and praying. All i'm doing is passing along a message. Those who hear will act accordingly, those who don't won't. Now if there is a "ha just you wait and see" attitude in my words I apologize.

I'm posting these signs to help people. That is what a watchman does. I can't hide the truth from folks. I want people to know what's going on. That is why I am sounding the alarm. This isn't to hurt, but to help.

Lastly there is a message of hope in the destruction of Babylon the Great. This is what ? says:

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." Revelation 18:4

That is just one of many calls that ? gives for His people to flee out of Babylon before her destruction. For those who know whats coming, they can seek ? and ask for directions about what they must do in order to escape the sudden destruction. If I didn't love my neighbor as myself I would keep all this inside, but thanks be to ? that I do love my neighbor as myself and I want people to believe! Hallelujah!

Lord willing I will continue to sound the alarm as long as ? enables me to do so. Amen.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Where/how did u find out about Christianity?
    I was raised in the church.

The fact that you were raised in the church and indoctrinated into Christianity as opposed to researching your options and making a conscious decision based on your personal view and experiences is an example of his point that your religion is ultimately due to circumstances beyond your control; like for instance, the time of your birth and the area in which your parents lived. The religion was most likely passed down from generation to generation without question. Not that it was violently forced upon you, but it was forced upon your ancestors and as a consequence, generations after, including you, have blindly accepted it.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Where/how did u find out about Christianity?
    I was raised in the church.

The fact that you were raised in the church and indoctrinated into Christianity as opposed to researching your options and making a conscious decision based on your personal view and experiences is an example of his point that your religion is ultimately due to circumstances beyond your control; like for instance, the time of your birth and the area in which your parents lived. The religion was most likely passed down from generation to generation without question. Not that it was violently forced upon you, but it was forced upon your ancestors and as a consequence, generations after, including you, have blindly accepted it.

Nothing blind about my faith. Only thing that I was blind to was the truth of Jesus Christ. But once my eyes were opened, I accepted Him as my personal LORD and Savior. Praise ? !

He also wants to open your eyes Oceanic. Are you willing to make Him the center of your life today?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Not only that, but these Revelation prophesies have been going on for a very long time and have been interpreted and reinterpreted in myriad ways. You can actually fit it into any time period you want and claim it as the "end times"; your reading is just that -- you taking the book and trying to connect dots that aren't really there.
  • Bodhi
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Nothing blind about my faith. Only thing that I was blind to was the truth of Jesus Christ. But once my eyes were opened, I accepted Him as my personal LORD and Savior. Praise ? !

You've accepted only what you were raised to know, not what you personally feel is true resulting from a critical evaluation of your position in the universe.

He also wants to open your eyes Oceanic. Are you willing to make Him the center of your life today?

No, thanks.

Would you mind explaining why you were drawn to Christianity and not any other religion or philosophy??
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Not only that, but these Revelation prophesies have been going on for a very long time and have been interpreted and reinterpreted in myriad ways. You can actually fit it into any time period you want and claim it as the "end times"; your reading is just that -- you taking the book and trying to connect dots that aren't really there.

The dots connect throughout all 66 books of the Bible. The "end times" (the 70th week of Daniel, tribulation period, last 7 years) starts with the destruction of Babylon the great. Once this is understood the prophetic scriptures come to life which reveal what is to follow after Babylon the greats destruction. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

You've accepted only what you were raised to know, not what you personally feel is true resulting from a critical evaluation of your position in the universe.

No, thanks.

Would you mind explaining why you were drawn to Christianity and not any other religion or philosophy??

Interesting that you know how I came to a saving faith in Jesus Christ my LORD. Please tell me oh wise one how I accepted Jesus Christ, since you seem to know.

The truth became real to me and I was born again. Whenever you encounter the living and true ? , your not going to leave the same way you met Him. Amen.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Please tell me oh wise one how I accepted Jesus Christ, since you seem to know.

Well, you were once a drug addict. Am I correct?
  • Bodhi
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The dots connect throughout all 66 books of the Bible.

But they don't connect to today's time (or more so, reality in general). What seems to be a "connection" is only your interpretation. There were people who prophesized the end times to happen within their lifetimes, years before you or I were even thought of.

For example, Mystery Babylon sits on 7 hills:

The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
    Rev. 17:9

This describes ancient Rome which are:

Aventine Hill (Latin, Aventinus; Italian, Aventino)
    Caelian Hill (Caelius, Celio)
    Capitoline Hill (Capitolium, Campidoglio)
    Esquiline Hill (Esquilinus, Esquilino)
    Palatine Hill (Palatinus, Palatino)
    Quirinal Hill (Quirinalis, Quirinale)
    Viminal Hill (Viminalis, Viminale)

Thus, Babylon has been interpreted to be ancient Rome. Unfortunately, that is not the only option. You see how this works?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Please tell me oh wise one how I accepted Jesus Christ, since you seem to know.

Well, you were once a drug addict. Am I correct?

Yes I was
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    The dots connect throughout all 66 books of the Bible.

Thus, Babylon has been interpreted to be ancient Rome. Unfortunately, that is not the only option. You see how this works?

Well the Rome theory based on Revelation 17:9 has been thoroughly refuted by many leadin scholars. Here goes an excerpt from an excellent piece written by R.A. coombes which goes deep sea diving into the original language of the text and it's meaning. If interested read.

Misconception #2. That Revelation 17:9 is a reference to Rome as being the city called Babylon. The basis for that claim is made primarily on the basis that some translations use the English word "hill" in verse 9. However, the KJV does not use the term "hill". Neither does the New American Standard Bible. Both of those versions use the term "mountain". Most other modern translations use the term "hill." Why is this important to the notion that Rome is Babylon? Look at the Verse: 9

"And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sitteth."

The Rome = Babylon theorists will point to the verse and claim this verse is referring to the 7 'hills' of Rome. They overlook the 2 more reliable of all English versions which say "mountains". The typical R=B theorist will not be dissuaded by such a minor technicality…by claiming that whether it is "mountains" or "hills" its still the same thing. Still, others will look at the Greek text to see what the actual Greek word is and what it means.

The Greek word used here is the word "hora". (not "ora" as some have alluded). There is a rough breathing mark before the letters o-r-a. That rough breathing mark means that an 'h' sound must be pronounced first, thus the word is pronounced "hora". Now, for those who are familiar with Strong's concordance numbering system the number is = #3735. Dr. Strong himself ascribed the meaning as being 'mountain' in primary usage. He does cite a minority opinion that sometimes it might be used in referring to a hill. That is a debatable issue.

Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon does not even mention hill as a possible definition. Perhaps that is because of Luke 3:5 where we find the word "hora" is translated as "mountain". The word in that verse for "hill" is the word "bounos". Now that is significant because we see that "hill" is connected to a word other than "hora" for which the non-Greek researcher would not realize the difference. Regarding the meaning of "hora"… to fully comprehend this word we should turn to the esteemed work of Moulton & Milligan's Vocabulary of the Greek Testament.

Moulton & Milligan's work is unlike most lexicons because it is providing definitions based upon a rendering of all koine writings that have been found by archaelogists in odd places like "trash dumps" among other places. Using all sorts of written documents even if partially or mostly destroyed, many times a linguist and translator can get a feel for the true meaning of how a word was used and not simply what the dictionary definitions state. Thus, it is interesting that Moulton & Milligan cite that the word 'hora' was often used for the desert. Yes, that's right … a desert. Now deserts tend to be flat, not hilly nor mountainous. They go on to indicate that the typical normal usage of the word was "mountain" but not hill. Hmmm. Why would that be? There is a different word for "hill" in the Greek. It is the word we mentioned earlier that is also found in Luke 3:5 as it sits almost side by side with the word "hora". Now this word for hill that we see in Luke 3:5 is the word "bounos".

"Bounos" is the key to Revelation 17:9 because "bounos" is NOT…. I repeat bounos IS NOT USED nor found in Revelation 17:9. It is the word for hill. BUT…BUT…BUT…BUT…. (Do I have your attention, now?) Please note this next statement. The word "bounos" was actually a word the Greeks borrowed from the Romans who used the word exclusively to refer to the 7 hills of Rome. That's right. The word "bounos" is the grammatically correct word to use if you were to refer to the 7 hills of Rome.

Now, Revelation 17:9 does not have the word "bounos" in the text. It is the word "hora". So that, IF the Holy Spirit, who guided John's hand and mind in writing the Revelation, were referring in verse 9 (and really all of chapters 17 and 18)… then why did the Holy Spirit make an ERROR in the Greek Language???? I DID NOT REALIZE THAT ? COULD SIN !!!!!! I DID NOT REALIZE THAT ? COULD MAKE AN ERROR…even if it was in language? Why did ? , the Holy Spirit make the Greek Grammatical error of using "hora" to describe the 7 Hills of Rome when HE should have used the word "bounos"??????? The answer is, of course, that He didn’t make an error because He was not referring to nor speaking of Rome. He was speaking of a nation and its chief city and IF it were Rome, the Lord would have used the correct word for the 7 hills of Rome…the word "Bounos"… which is actually a Roman word the Greek's borrowed from the Romans. See Moulton & Milligan's research on this word in "Vocabulary of the Greek Testament".

Now, all languages borrow words from other languages. We borrow a lot of words from the French and Spanish languages. We have even borrowed from the Japanese (like sayonara). If we were at a bullfight in Mexico would we use the term 'ole or "hurray" when cheering? Yes. IF, I were to say to you that I visited the Italian city of Pisa and saw the leaning skyscraper, would I be accurate? No, because the Leaning Tower of Pisa is actually the bell tower for a cathedral not a skyscraper. If I were to have referred to it as an office building would I have been correct? No. So too, with the usage of the word "hora" to describe the 7 hills of Rome. I would only be correct if I used the term "bounos."

Herein lies the death knell for any "Rome = Babylon" theorist that wants to use Revelation 17:9 as a proof text for his theory. He must explain this incorrect usage by the Lord in order to use this verse properly as a proof for his theory of Rome. It cannot be adequately explained. This author knows because this author started out to use that verse to prove that Rome was Babylon. I couldn't do it honestly or fairly. I had to abandon it as a proof as painful as that was. It was only one of the many, painful, abandonments that I endured as I spent several years of research trying to prove the "Rome = Babylon" theory was indeed correct.

It took me 3 years to begin to surrender from that position, by virtue of the overwhelming evidence that piled up against that view. So too with all the other theories except for the America = Babylon theory.

The America = Babylon theory is the only one I can't shoot down. In fact, I couldn't shoot down one single character trait of all the dozens that are found in the scriptures that help us to identify "Mystery Babylon". It took me 4 years to accept that I'd been wrong about Rome or the Catholic Church or Iraq or anyone else as Mystery Babylon. The last thing I wanted to do was to believe that America was the Babylon of future Prophecy. When I realized that I couldn't use the Revelation 17:9 passage as proof the whole theory just seemed to crumble. Then the discovery that Hislop's assumptions and data conclusions were in complete error only underscored the problem. But those were only 2 of the three key linchpins that held the Rome as Babylon theory together.

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If America were to be destroyed tonight in 1 hour, the whole world would be flipped upside down in an instant. Chaos would ensue. You know it, I know it, and the world knows it. And guess what? That's exactly what will happen 1 day. America will be destroyed by fire in 1 day and in 1 hour. The world will be turned upside down and the antichrist will rise to power in order to bring stability to a world that has plunged into anarachy.

WOW!

Scary ..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No place last forever.

That's like saying one day it will rain.

Duh ?

Every kingdom falls. And we don't need the bible to tell us.

Great empires has fallen before the bible
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.