Iran says warships sailing towards U.S...........But you still won't believe the prophets?

Comments

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im trying to figure out how this MAN... knows the day and hour of Christ's return... coulda swore the bible said that-that wouldn't be known until it was upon us...

What day and hour was proposed?
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what I don't get...and maybe it's just the logic part of me:

If the Christian ? wanted to punish "The New Babylon" so much, why would he resort to a nation that openly worships Allah as his "messengers?" Since when did ? needed to sub-contract a nation of hit men?

This is why religion is for slaves. Cause you've got people like the T/S saying outrageousness over the slightest of events. Either that, or a ? really is calling for Iran to destroy America (which will be a HUGE FAIL) for whatever reasons, and ? will look like the pettiest ? in existence.

Either way, logically, none of this ? makes any normal sense.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Please tell me oh wise one how I accepted Jesus Christ, since you seem to know.

Well, you were once a drug addict. Am I correct?

Yes I was

I don't need to go any further. You already know your own life and it would be a waste of our time to go over it in detail with you. Although I am glad to hear that a brother has (allegedly) escaped the grasp of drug addiction, I am not exceptionally happy to, first, see that you have fallen victim to the trappings of organized [false] religion and secondly, inform you that what you've done is simply switch out one addiction for another. But I'm not here to judge you for your vices or condemn you for your weaknesses. I only wish to show you the way.
  • Bodhi
    [Titangraph]

The difference between a hill and a mountain is subjective, which is what all of these interpretations boil down to. America can be scratched off ? '? list just as easily and has been by "scholars" more professional than the one you've quoted.
  • Bodhi
    The truth became real to me and I was born again. Whenever you encounter the living and true ? , your not going to leave the same way you met Him. Amen.

Also, this ^^^ does not properly answer my question:
    Would you mind explaining why you were drawn to Christianity and not any other religion or philosophy??

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    im trying to figure out how this MAN... knows the day and hour of Christ's return... coulda swore the bible said that-that wouldn't be known until it was upon us...

no... what you see DoU displaying is Forcing The Prophesy, same thing Muslims and Jews do.... obviously chirstians are not exempt from such actions as well.

so in the end what this tells me is that DoU fears the machinations of Man, moreso than his own ? .

This is basically my problem with this dude. At the start or end of every century it's always the same ? some group or some ideology comes along and claims the end is upon us when it does not happen sometimes a new religion is born.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luke 17:26-33 (KJV)

"And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of ? it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. Remember Lot's wife. Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it."

Im sure Noah, a preacher of righteousness, tried to warn the masses in his day. Continue doing you DoU and dont get discouraged. That last verse is so telling.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dots connect throughout all 66 books of the Bible.

Thus, Babylon has been interpreted to be ancient Rome. Unfortunately, that is not the only option. You see how this works?

Well the Rome theory based on Revelation 17:9 has been thoroughly refuted by many leadin scholars. Here goes an excerpt from an excellent piece written by R.A. coombes which goes deep sea diving into the original language of the text and it's meaning. If interested read.

Misconception #2. That Revelation 17:9 is a reference to Rome as being the city called Babylon. The basis for that claim is made primarily on the basis that some translations use the English word "hill" in verse 9. However, the KJV does not use the term "hill". Neither does the New American Standard Bible. Both of those versions use the term "mountain". Most other modern translations use the term "hill." Why is this important to the notion that Rome is Babylon? Look at the Verse: 9

"And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sitteth."

The Rome = Babylon theorists will point to the verse and claim this verse is referring to the 7 'hills' of Rome. They overlook the 2 more reliable of all English versions which say "mountains". The typical R=B theorist will not be dissuaded by such a minor technicality…by claiming that whether it is "mountains" or "hills" its still the same thing. Still, others will look at the Greek text to see what the actual Greek word is and what it means.

The Greek word used here is the word "hora". (not "ora" as some have alluded). There is a rough breathing mark before the letters o-r-a. That rough breathing mark means that an 'h' sound must be pronounced first, thus the word is pronounced "hora". Now, for those who are familiar with Strong's concordance numbering system the number is = #3735. Dr. Strong himself ascribed the meaning as being 'mountain' in primary usage. He does cite a minority opinion that sometimes it might be used in referring to a hill. That is a debatable issue.

Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon does not even mention hill as a possible definition. Perhaps that is because of Luke 3:5 where we find the word "hora" is translated as "mountain". The word in that verse for "hill" is the word "bounos". Now that is significant because we see that "hill" is connected to a word other than "hora" for which the non-Greek researcher would not realize the difference. Regarding the meaning of "hora"… to fully comprehend this word we should turn to the esteemed work of Moulton & Milligan's Vocabulary of the Greek Testament.

Moulton & Milligan's work is unlike most lexicons because it is providing definitions based upon a rendering of all koine writings that have been found by archaelogists in odd places like "trash dumps" among other places. Using all sorts of written documents even if partially or mostly destroyed, many times a linguist and translator can get a feel for the true meaning of how a word was used and not simply what the dictionary definitions state. Thus, it is interesting that Moulton & Milligan cite that the word 'hora' was often used for the desert. Yes, that's right … a desert. Now deserts tend to be flat, not hilly nor mountainous. They go on to indicate that the typical normal usage of the word was "mountain" but not hill. Hmmm. Why would that be? There is a different word for "hill" in the Greek. It is the word we mentioned earlier that is also found in Luke 3:5 as it sits almost side by side with the word "hora". Now this word for hill that we see in Luke 3:5 is the word "bounos".

"Bounos" is the key to Revelation 17:9 because "bounos" is NOT…. I repeat bounos IS NOT USED nor found in Revelation 17:9. It is the word for hill. BUT…BUT…BUT…BUT…. (Do I have your attention, now?) Please note this next statement. The word "bounos" was actually a word the Greeks borrowed from the Romans who used the word exclusively to refer to the 7 hills of Rome. That's right. The word "bounos" is the grammatically correct word to use if you were to refer to the 7 hills of Rome.

Now, Revelation 17:9 does not have the word "bounos" in the text. It is the word "hora". So that, IF the Holy Spirit, who guided John's hand and mind in writing the Revelation, were referring in verse 9 (and really all of chapters 17 and 18)… then why did the Holy Spirit make an ERROR in the Greek Language???? I DID NOT REALIZE THAT ? COULD SIN !!!!!! I DID NOT REALIZE THAT ? COULD MAKE AN ERROR…even if it was in language? Why did ? , the Holy Spirit make the Greek Grammatical error of using "hora" to describe the 7 Hills of Rome when HE should have used the word "bounos"??????? The answer is, of course, that He didn’t make an error because He was not referring to nor speaking of Rome. He was speaking of a nation and its chief city and IF it were Rome, the Lord would have used the correct word for the 7 hills of Rome…the word "Bounos"… which is actually a Roman word the Greek's borrowed from the Romans. See Moulton & Milligan's research on this word in "Vocabulary of the Greek Testament".

Now, all languages borrow words from other languages. We borrow a lot of words from the French and Spanish languages. We have even borrowed from the Japanese (like sayonara). If we were at a bullfight in Mexico would we use the term 'ole or "hurray" when cheering? Yes. IF, I were to say to you that I visited the Italian city of Pisa and saw the leaning skyscraper, would I be accurate? No, because the Leaning Tower of Pisa is actually the bell tower for a cathedral not a skyscraper. If I were to have referred to it as an office building would I have been correct? No. So too, with the usage of the word "hora" to describe the 7 hills of Rome. I would only be correct if I used the term "bounos."

Herein lies the death knell for any "Rome = Babylon" theorist that wants to use Revelation 17:9 as a proof text for his theory. He must explain this incorrect usage by the Lord in order to use this verse properly as a proof for his theory of Rome. It cannot be adequately explained. This author knows because this author started out to use that verse to prove that Rome was Babylon. I couldn't do it honestly or fairly. I had to abandon it as a proof as painful as that was. It was only one of the many, painful, abandonments that I endured as I spent several years of research trying to prove the "Rome = Babylon" theory was indeed correct.

It took me 3 years to begin to surrender from that position, by virtue of the overwhelming evidence that piled up against that view. So too with all the other theories except for the America = Babylon theory.

The America = Babylon theory is the only one I can't shoot down. In fact, I couldn't shoot down one single character trait of all the dozens that are found in the scriptures that help us to identify "Mystery Babylon". It took me 4 years to accept that I'd been wrong about Rome or the Catholic Church or Iraq or anyone else as Mystery Babylon. The last thing I wanted to do was to believe that America was the Babylon of future Prophecy. When I realized that I couldn't use the Revelation 17:9 passage as proof the whole theory just seemed to crumble. Then the discovery that Hislop's assumptions and data conclusions were in complete error only underscored the problem. But those were only 2 of the three key linchpins that held the Rome as Babylon theory together.

You copy and pasted that entire thing from someone else.

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The us needs to make an example of niccas. Give the a line tell them not to cross it, they do other wise blow they ? up !
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find it funny ? calling the U.S. Babylon.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get jiggy with the fact that Christianity was forced upon slaves here
  • Black Boy King
    edited February 2014
    Judah Back wrote: »

i dont understand the question... are you attempting to nit pick and discredit the whole post due to that one part?

or is that question more along the lines of him constantly trying to relate the prophecy's in the bible to the actions of man....

that in a sense is what i mean by day and time.

a boat in the water baiting the US to make a move is not one of the seals... im sorry. it aint no "come and see", here...

Uhhhh... it was a simple question... wasnt nitpickin .. but I understand your beef. ..

But it was all written for us to interpret the times.... you are suppose recognize what's going on in the world to figure out where we are in prophecy else itll will catch us off guard.......

Revelation 16:14

"Look, I will come as unexpectedly as a thief! Blessed are all who are watching for me, who keep their clothing ready so they will not have to walk around naked and ashamed."

Matthew 16:2-3 NLT

He replied, “You know the saying, ‘Red sky at night means fair weather tomorrow; red sky in the morning means foul weather all day.’ Hypocrites! You know how to interpret the weather signs in the sky, but you don’t know how to interpret the signs of the times!
  • Black Boy King

Little do you know , "blacks" gave the romans the gospel and the Torah before they fled jerusalem away from the romans and went into africa in 70 AD...

Our slavery was prophesied about in the scriptures.. I can quote it for you if you like....

We are the people of the Book... thats why the world has outcasted us and envies us..
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Little do you know , "blacks" gave the romans the gospel and the Torah before they fled jerusalem away from the romans and went into africa in 70 AD...

Our slavery was prophesied about in the scriptures.. I can quote it for you if you like....

We are the people of the Book... thats why the world has outcasted us and envies us..

41G5KP5WFEL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/African-Origins-Major-Western-Religions/dp/0933121296
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happen to your Syria prophecy from last year?
    or is that still in the making?

The goalpost never stay in place with these dudes.

49bc: Pompeii is blowing up the endtimes are here!!
    WWI & II: This is it. the prophecy is happening!!
    199something: They putting burgers on Krispy Kreme's? The lord is coming!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    No place last forever.

That's like saying one day it will rain.

Duh ?

Every kingdom falls. And we don't need the bible to tell us.

Great empires has fallen before the bible

The Bible actually predicts the rise and fall of many of the great kingdoms that have existed in the past.

1. Babel
    2. Egypt
    3. Assyria
    4. Ancient Babylon
    5. Israel
    6. Media-Persia
    7. Greek empire (Alexander the Great)
    8. Rome
    9. Mystery, Babylon the Great

The special thing about the prophecy of Babylon the Great is that:

1. It's destruction signals that the tribulation period has begun.
    2. It's the last great super-power on earth, which must be destroyed in order for the Antichrist to rise to power.
    3. The Antichrist one world government will be set up after Babylon the Greats destruction.
    4. Babylon the Great is instrumental in preparing the world for the antichrist arrival, but must be removed in order for the Antichrist to reign.

? would not have allocated the 2 longest single prophecies concerning judgment of a nation, in both the Old Testament and New Testament, if the destruction of Babylon was not important.

Jeremiah 50-51 and Revelation 17-18 concern what is to come in regards to Babylon the Great. I'd advise those who desire the LORD to seek His face regarding this issue. Understanding the prophecy about Babylon the Great is crucial.

The top of the 9th is almost here. With the meat of the enemies order about to hit the plate and swing for the fences. Thank ? that He's also in the bull-pen warming up to shut him and all those that rebel against Him down. Hallelujah!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

no... what you see DoU displaying is Forcing The Prophesy, same thing Muslims and Jews do.... obviously chirstians are not exempt from such actions as well.

so in the end what this tells me is that DoU fears the machinations of Man, moreso than his own ? .

Stop lying Samson. Not once did I ever say I knew the "day and hour". Show me the evidence! Why must people always resort to smearing my name with falsehoods! Scust at folks dishonesty because I speak truth and light.

Plus the "day and hour" refers to the day and hour that Jesus Christ will return, not to when the tribulation period starts. Get your head right.

Over and over and over and over again I have REPEATED that I have no dates to give. All I can tell you is that the "time and season" is ripe. ? said that those who know Him can know the "times and seasons" in which we live. Thus I pass along information to warn all about the "times and seasons" in which we live. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

Good drop. I guess it's all just a big coincidence though. SMH.....
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

None. It's another smear campaign to discredit my name with lies. Scust.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Here's what I don't get...and maybe it's just the logic part of me:

If the Christian ? wanted to punish "The New Babylon" so much, why would he resort to a nation that openly worships Allah as his "messengers?" Since when did ? needed to sub-contract a nation of hit men?

This is why religion is for slaves. Cause you've got people like the T/S saying outrageousness over the slightest of events. Either that, or a ? really is calling for Iran to destroy America (which will be a HUGE FAIL) for whatever reasons, and ? will look like the pettiest ? in existence.

Either way, logically, none of this ? makes any normal sense.

You have to get your facts right if your going to speak about prophecy.

1. Every nation on planet earth is going to be judged in the last days.

"For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.

30Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.

31A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.

32Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.

33And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground."
    Jeremiah 25:29-33

2. Babylon the Great is singled out because she has the rule over all the kingdoms of the earth before she is destroyed. She is the lone super power on planet earth. And her influence in the world has corrupted all the other nations of the world. It's not by coincidence that other nations despise her and envy her, while other nations admire her and try to emulate her. Babylons influence is world-wide and there is no other nation on planet earth that fits ALL the descriptions given in the prophecies other than the United States of America.

3. If you read the Bible you would know that ? has used many nations of the past to judge other nations. He used Egypt, Assyria, and ancient Babylon to judge His own chosen people. You need to study the scriptures my friend to get a better understanding of whats going on here. The word of ? will open your understanding my friend. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Please tell me oh wise one how I accepted Jesus Christ, since you seem to know.

Well, you were once a drug addict. Am I correct?

Yes I was

I don't need to go any further. You already know your own life and it would be a waste of our time to go over it in detail with you. Although I am glad to hear that a brother has (allegedly) escaped the grasp of drug addiction, I am not exceptionally happy to, first, see that you have fallen victim to the trappings of organized [false] religion and secondly, inform you that what you've done is simply switch out one addiction for another. But I'm not here to judge you for your vices or condemn you for your weaknesses. I only wish to show you the way.

Christianity isn't a religion though. Christianity is about a person. The ? -Man Jesus Christ. Having a personal relationship with Him is how you will gain entrance into the Fathers house. Not having one is how one will go head long into the lake of fire on the last day. You either have the Son or you don't have the Son. You either believe in the LORD Jesus or you don't believe in the LORD Jesus. What will be your choice today?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    [Titangraph]

The difference between a hill and a mountain is subjective, which is what all of these interpretations boil down to. America can be scratched off ? '? list just as easily and has been by "scholars" more professional than the one you've quoted.

America is going to be judged and judged more severely than any other nation on planet earth (besides Israel). Why?

"Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more." Luke 12:48

The light that ? gave America has only been surpassed by the nation of Israel. And we see how that turned out for them. Thus ? has decreed that in 1 day and in 1 hour the most proud nation on planet earth will meet it's demise. Study the scriptures to show yourself approved. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    The truth became real to me and I was born again. Whenever you encounter the living and true ? , your not going to leave the same way you met Him. Amen.

Also, this ^^^ does not properly answer my question:
    Would you mind explaining why you were drawn to Christianity and not any other religion or philosophy??

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."
    John 6:44

I was chosen by ? to receive salvation. He chose me, I didn't choose Him. It's called election/predestination. Amen.