Films that turn 20 years old this year (If you don't want to feel old as ? ,avoid)

Options
lazypakman
lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
52f26d43dc950.jpg52f26d443c1f4.jpg52f26d4492845.jpg52f26d4634c1d.jpg52f26d538ca19.jpg52f26d5925dfe.jpg52f26d5e4572a.jpg52f26d6071b62.jpg52f26d61ac727.jpg52f26d6696d45.jpg52f26d68ad30a.jpg52f26d696676c.jpg52f26d6d74ed3.jpg52f26d70efec4.jpg52f26d720f804.jpg

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Yeeah 1994 GOAT
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I'm old...smh
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jurassic Park turned 20 last year.
  • Broddie
    edited February 2014
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    Jurassic Park turned 20 last year.

your right.

i remember my parents dropped me off round my aunts like a bad smell and snuck off to see the movie because they thought i wouldn't be able to handle the t-rex.

i only found out they lied to me about where they had been when i busted the popcorn in the car.

my parents may have despised me as a child now that i think about it.

I remember seeing it opening weekend with my cousin. We were both kids (I was 9 he was around 11) and it blew our mind. One of the great things about growing up where we did because the local movie house was a block away from my mom's apartment and they didn't card, I had seen everything from Kickboxer and T2 to White Men Can't Jump and Juice there.

Which is how I got to see all those Jim Carrey movies in your original post as well as True Lies. Also got to see another movie that turns 20 this year (The Crow) for the same reason. Funnily enough though they wouldn't let us into Natural Born Killers or Interview with the Vampire though; there was even a strict no one under 17 sign on the posters of those joints by the theater owners themselves so the clerks at the box office wouldn't budge. Saw The Lion King on vaca while visiting fam with pops and I remember we sneaked into Gump right after. Now that I think of it I went to the movies a lot that year. 1994 was awesome.

• Broddie
    Options
    Carlito's Way was also from '93. It's selling point was the reunion of the actor, producer and director of Scarface 10 years later.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing but classics. This list is better than the list of best movies from the last 10 years by itself.
  • lazypakman
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

I remember seeing it opening weekend with my cousin. We were both kids (I was 9 he was around 11) and it blew our mind. One of the great things about growing up where we did because the local movie house was a block away from my mom's apartment and they didn't card, I had seen everything from Kickboxer and T2 to White Men Can't Jump and Juice there.

Which is how I got to see all those Jim Carrey movies in your original post as well as True Lies. Also got to see another movie that turns 20 this year (The Crow) for the same reason. Funnily enough though they wouldn't let us into Natural Born Killers or Interview with the Vampire though; there was even a strict no one under 17 sign on the posters of those joints by the theater owners themselves so the clerks at the box office wouldn't budge. Saw The Lion King on vaca while visiting fam with pops and I remember we sneaked into Gump right after. Now that I think of it I went to the movies a lot that year. 1994 was awesome.

sucks to be have been deprived of one of the definitive cinema experiences of the 90's...amazing how the build up to films has changed so much since then.

i thought crow came out a couple of years later...damn i must be getting dementia,one of my favorite films of all time.

94 is full of awesomeness.

• lazypakman
    Options
    i may have to go and rediscover some of these

Ed_Wood_film_poster.jpg

Leon-poster.jpg

Fresh_movie_90s.jpg

Timecopposter.jpg

Realitybitesposter.jpg

QuizShowPoster.jpg

Above_the_rim_poster.jpg

425px-Romeo_is_bleeding_ver2.jpg

Hoop_dreamsposter.jpg

Clerks_movie_poster%3B_Just_because_they_serve_you_---_.jpg

The_Paper_movie_poster.jpg

• lazypakman
    Options
    will admit i didn't check the validity of most of these films...a lot are from 93...i feel even older now.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn yall are old.... most of these came out when I was a couple of months old or a year old...
  • Broddie
    edited February 2014
    Options
    i may have to go and rediscover some of these

Ed_Wood_film_poster.jpg

Leon-poster.jpg

Fresh_movie_90s.jpg

Timecopposter.jpg

Realitybitesposter.jpg

QuizShowPoster.jpg

Above_the_rim_poster.jpg

425px-Romeo_is_bleeding_ver2.jpg

Hoop_dreamsposter.jpg

Clerks_movie_poster%3B_Just_because_they_serve_you_---_.jpg

The_Paper_movie_poster.jpg

They gave Ed Wood on cable recently and it holds up extremely well. Never saw Reality Bites and will have to watch Fresh again since I haven't seen it since the cinema and might appreciate it the wisdom in it better now that I'm 30 but everything else in that post is classic or borderline classic. It's amazing how so many dope mainstream studio & independent movies dropped with such frequency back then. This isn't exclusive to '94 either it was pretty much a regular occurrence during the entire 1990's. I pity the people who were still babies or not even born back then. They missed out big time.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ? wild. Next year, Toy Story turns 20 wtf
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
  • Hip2DaHop93
    Hip2DaHop93 Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, I'm the same age as most of these movies.

GOAT year.

Shows the level of creativity and work put in, something most film-makers are missing nowadays imo.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was only 8-9 yrs old but there isnt a movie in this thread i havent watched cept that 'romeo is bleeding' movie. gonna see if i can find it on primewire.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back then VHS casette tapes were normally the norm .. .
  • lazypakman
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

my old man use to dub 3 films onto one tape,usually by actor.

before i was ten i'd already worked through all of the arnie,sly,JCVD,bruce lee era since that's the ? he used to watch....it's crazy how violent these films used to be.

lol,watched commando when i was 6 or so and i still turned out ok
  • Broddie
    Options

my old man use to dub 3 films onto one tape,usually by actor.

before i was ten i'd already worked through all of the arnie,sly,JCVD,bruce lee era since that's the ? he used to watch....it's crazy how violent these films used to be.

lol,watched commando when i was 6 or so and i still turned out ok

Same here. Though I watched Commando when I was around 4. Under Siege is the only movie I remember ever seeing in a theater with my mom. No sociopath here.

Man I remember we used to rent videos at 2 bucks a pop and buy those 6 hour long blank tapes on the regular. 3 movies on one tape was the norm back then for most people with 2 or more VCR's.

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, I'm old as ? lol. I remember all these movies, and "Fresh" is a dope ass movie. I bet all these will be remakes in less than 5 years. Hollywood is ? now
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wasn't the biggest fan of fresh
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ed Wood was and still is excellent. I felt so bad for the guy. I watched the end and hoped that Orson welles wouldnt be a ? to him when they met.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn yall are old.... most of these came out when I was a couple of months old or a year old...

yeah we're all your aunts and uncles. some of us are old enough to have been your parents. i'm old enough to have been your teenage father.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it's crazy to think that vcr's are obsolete. I haven't used a vcr in 10) yrs. I still have my old vcr and some vhs movie. also I have some boxing matches recored from hbo. Hopkins vs trinindad. Tyson vs lewis. mike Tysons greatest hits from espn classic and ali/Frasier III.