I swear fo gawd these cats been lifting since 1990...

shadb33
shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Weight Room
when I see those dudes with EXTREME muscle definition..I mean you can see where the deltoids stop, then the tricep, then the bicep...I'm like "Damn, it's gonna take me years to get like that"....I wish I started lifting back in high school...I could be a lot further..oh well...I gotta just hit these weights hard and eat harder...

Comments

• ytownborn
    ytownborn Members Posts: 420
    edited July 2010
    You just have to have good nutrition and put the work in as far as lifting,its a grind mayne.
  • dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Some of those dudes have used steroids real talk.

It doesn't take long to get big. I went from 180 lbs to over 215 lbs with low bodyfat in about 7 months. It just takes hard work and discipline.
  • Keston169
    Keston169 Members Posts: 422
    edited July 2010
    The average person can do some push-ups and be swole within minutes
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Some of those dudes have used steroids real talk.

It doesn't take long to get big. I went from 180 lbs to over 215 lbs with low bodyfat in about 7 months. It just takes hard work and discipline.

discipline 10x...........................

it may sound simple....but when them lazy/tired days kicks in........>_>
  • Dick_Knubbler
    Dick_Knubbler Members Posts: 86
    edited July 2010
    Keston169 wrote: »
    The average person can do some push-ups and be swole within minutes

Thats pure ? and you know it....weights = mass....push-up equal a ? thats does push-ups smh....
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    co sign everybody on the discipline....you gotta stay dedicated man....
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    extreme muscle definition comes with a good consistent workout regiment, a great diet, and adequate rest/recovery. The hardest part about getting ripped is the diet. Without a proper clean diet, getting the shredded look will be pretty hard. But yeah, I feel you shadb about wishing to have started lifting weights when I was in High School. I always think about that. I've been lifting for 3 years now, but if I would have started 7 years ago, man I would be crazy jacked. I was 2 busy acting a fool to even care about lifting a weight back then though. But oh well. I like the results i've gotten so far and I will only continue to get better.
  • Sourpatch Kid
    Sourpatch Kid Members Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    It takes years, whether your eating right or not. Just take your time and lift properly, proper form and good enough weight with good routine. I know a few guys like that, they been in the gym like 10-15 years and some of them don't even eat healthy, this ? got locked up, smokes weed and eats whatever and is cut the ? up. This other dude I know eat's icecream and junkfood and is in shape so it's just takes time and the dudes that you see overlifting end up having back and shoulder problems in the long run because they overworking themselves.