Best Sports Show, Worst sport show on daily TV

Options
joeyfkncrakk
joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
Should be an interesting thread, sports shows critique the game but need some work themselves, a lot of good or bad shows.... Give your take on best shows that don't ? up the sports u love... Might have more opinions later but this off the top of the head rite now n/h

Best:

Pardon the Interruption- for some reason I've never grown out of this show personally, Michael Wilbon gives good insight and not as biased, cleverly funny show at times while not doing too much

The Dan Patrick Show- always interesting and witty, Dan Patrick is a fool so keeps it entertaining, how do u name ur friends after u tho lol The Danettes smh lol

The Herd- always objective and knows his sports lines so I like it, he is an ? to guest callers at times so makes it dumb funny

Honorable: First Take- only if they could get rid of Cari Champion she's horrible...and not talk about Tebow or the Cowboys, would be my fav show

Worst:

The Starters- Horrible show, how the hell u have 4 unathletic white dudes who never touched a ball just talk numbers and bs all day.... Cancel that show ASAP and get me and the homies in there to turn up rite

Dan Lebatard Highly Questionable- wack as hell, got his pops as a mascot saying dumb ? and even rapping during commercials, terrible topics, can be slightly funny at times but sucks bad.... Irrelevant to the daytime rotation like a long commercial

Comments

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's u then bro I think that show sucks aside from guest appearances keepin it 1000
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First take
    Lebatard
    NNL even thought i really hate the format.. gotta love the chemistry

Sportsnation as well
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First take
    Lebatard
    NNL even thought i really hate the format.. gotta love the chemistry

Sportsnation as well

I haven't watched that show since Jalen Rose stopped appearing....
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My local tv sports segment >>> ESPN
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Around the horn is my fav after it takin like 3 weeks to figure that ? out.

• eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATH and PTI the only shows I try to keep up with daily

If something major happened ill check out the podcast for First Take, The Herd and sometimes Mike & Mike if I'm up that early
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ath and mikeandmike

cant stand first take
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watch first take if something major happens but other than that, it's Wack. I love Micheal and jemmel chemistry but I hate listening to a bunch of made up ass stats.. PTI and ATH ? on the whole lineup at ESPN.. I ? The Sports Reporters on Sunday too
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Highly Questionable is funny af to me.

First Take fell off.

ATH and PTI are good as well.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SVP & Russillo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    even tho i watch mike n mike (i have it on when im on my way 2 work) i cant stand it..

i like pti,ath,first take,starters,highly questionable and sportsnation
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Work prevents me from watching most of these show, but Around the Horn when Max Kellerman was hosting was awesome.

I podcast Cowherd's radio show. I know a lot of folks dont like the dude, but i find myself agreeing with the dude alot. Lebatard's radio show is good too, especially on Thursday's when Bomani is on.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    And thats another reason why highly questionable is the ? those little off the cuff personal stories of the interviewees
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Around the Horn and Pardon The Interruption for me.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PTI and NNL.

the chemistry and hip hop references on NNL>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DLHQ is prolly one of my favorite i like how unique it is they go to various topics da randomness is interesting to me
    I ? wit NNL Heavy to its great chemistry on there

Iont check for 1st take as much as i used to cuz of how repetitive they got

PTI nd ATH is cool wit me even tho iont check for it as much

FOH wit Sports Nation (corny as ? nd forced) nd The Herd tho a 1 man show of somebody who neva played doesnt interest me

The Starters is da WOAT tho NBATV shoulda been scratched dat there
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Dan Lebatard show grew on me a lot. That ? pops is a foo.

I watch PTI and ATH every day those are my fav. I Watch First Take daily but now I watch about the first 30 minutes because now all they do rehash the same points and topics for 2hrs. No real structure now.

Outside the lines is boring as ? , they surprise me every now and then.

I like the Sports Reporters, I catch it as I'm getting ready for Church on Sundays.

Sports nation is coo too, I ? with Marcelus Wiley.

I can never finish an episode of Olbermann, most the time Im dozing off.

Mike and Mike is coo too, even if Greeney is a whiny nerd.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    PTI is the best. It's gonna be the Law & Order of sports shows. not flashy & something u can just pick up at anytime & be cool. dont check as much for it kinda because i know it'll always be there

The Herd is dope. Colin knows his ? and calls out a lot of ? rhetoric & trends

ATH is cool dependent on who's on. Blackistone, Bomani, Torre, Bob Ryan and Guiterrez>>

stopped watching NNL b/c of work and after the Hugh Douglas controversy it lost steam to me.

TNT Inside the NBA became too aware of itself and fell off.

Sports Nation gets on my nerves, Obvious filler that just repeats cliches & agreed on narratives

SVP is dope but when he has stand ins it's unbearable. shows how charismatic he is plus he knows his hip hop a lil

First Take cooled off once LeBron won his first title. Skip lost his bite.A show based on inflamatory rants & soundbytes loses a lot of luster when theres not much there to rail on. The episode jalen brought up Skips HS basketball career and the ensuing 2 day fall out to preserve Skips feelings was GOAT tho
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    even tho i watch mike n mike (i have it on when im on my way 2 work) i cant stand it..
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PTI is the best. It's gonna be the Law & Order of sports shows. not flashy & something u can just pick up at anytime & be cool. dont check as much for it kinda because i know it'll always be there

The Herd is dope. Colin knows his ? and calls out a lot of ? rhetoric & trends

ATH is cool dependent on who's on. Blackistone, Bomani, Torre, Bob Ryan and Guiterrez>>

stopped watching NNL b/c of work and after the Hugh Douglas controversy it lost steam to me.

TNT Inside the NBA became too aware of itself and fell off.

Sports Nation gets on my nerves, Obvious filler that just repeats cliches & agreed on narratives

SVP is dope but when he has stand ins it's unbearable. shows how charismatic he is plus he knows his hip hop a lil

First Take cooled off once LeBron won his first title. Skip lost his bite.A show based on inflamatory rants & soundbytes loses a lot of luster when theres not much there to rail on. The episode jalen brought up Skips HS basketball career and the ensuing 2 day fall out to preserve Skips feelings was GOAT tho

I don't wanna derail this thread but Jalen ethered that ? something terrible. Skip made himself look bad, can dish it but can't take it. ? spent the whole show making excuses. I like how Ryan Clark got to Stephen A too.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Colin speaks in logical "tones" and thinks hes the smartest guy in the room that can be a lil annoying and he is a "stan"
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign everybody that said the Starters was trash. Idk even know who the target audience is for that ?