You have millions to invest in a wrestling company: WCW vs ECW.

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in Off The Turn Buckle
Which promotion do you try to save?

It's 2001:
Wcw_logo.svg

WCW has squandered millions of dollars, ruined the characters of several top stars, it's creative direction is nonexistent and now it's being kicked off its network and up for sale. however, still have some of the biggest names on earth on the roster in Sting, Goldberg etc.
Ecw_logo2001.png
ECW has attempted to become mainstream but ended up losing money trying to keep up the high production costs needed to stay on cable, it's been suggested that you need to change the content to become more acceptable to mainstream audiences. It's on the verge of losing its spot on Spike TV to Vince and the WWF, the other organizations have poached all your top guys but you have a rabidly loyal fan base (that doesn't want you to change).

Which do you put your money behind?

You have millions to invest in a wrestling company: WCW vs ECW. 13 votes

WCW
61%
[Deleted User]gucci7383willhustleillestni99ainneDOPEdweebzIdiopathic Jokerits....JOHN BSour-Cream 8 votes
ECW
38%
jonoqtipp73Peezy_Jenkinsdubya03Ol' Fred 5 votes

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Neither. I'd run my own indy promotion and avoid all the headaches.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Well WCW had Sting, Goldberg and afew other names u can make money off of and they had a huge following in the southern US.

ECW aint have much although they had their following ? was nothing compared to WCWs
  • jono
    Options
    ECW
    Broddie wrote: »
    Neither. I'd run my own indy promotion and avoid all the headaches.
    I was going to make this and "? it, buy stock in WWF" as options.
  • jono
    Options
    ECW
    It's basically a clean slate.

You get a great booker in Paul Heyman, and a star to build around Rob Van Dam.

You don't have to deal with the egos that WCW superstars have and you don't have to spend as much money either.

When WCW folds you can absorb some of their talent, more specifically the cruiserweights and some old ECW alumni that left. That would somewhat replenish the roster and satisfy the diehard fans.

The problem after that is having TV, because you still have the name value to do house shows and PPV in the northeastern area.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    id bring back w.o.w. (women of wrestling) and have them wrestle nude for pay per views
  • Ol' Fred
    Ol' Fred Members Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ECW
    even though u ? some good talent in wcw but in ecw,
    u get ? brawls & ima definite make sure dat new jack wins da ecw world title dat he deserved & ima make da sexy ecw women (includin' wwf & wcw women) wrestle in oil butt nekkid doin' sexual ? & ill be pullin mo' fans than a muthaphukka! trust dat!
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    WCW
    There was actually a nude womans wrestling ahow not too long ago hosted by jimmy hart. If i can find some links ill post it later in the divas xxxposed thread.

Personally Id buy wcw first let ecw die then rehire paul heyman has head of my creative. Probably shutdown for a whole yearand totally rebrand the ? or keep the wcw name.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WCW
    Goldberg!! Goldberg!! Goldberg!! Goldberg!!Goldberg!! Goldberg!! Goldberg!! Goldberg!!Goldberg!! Goldberg!! Goldberg!! Goldberg!!Goldberg!! Goldberg!! Goldberg!! Goldberg!!Goldberg!! Goldberg!! Goldberg!! Goldberg!!
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DUB wrote: »
    id bring back w.o.w. (women of wrestling) and have them wrestle nude for pay per views

i use to watch that ? as a teen, i remember one time a girl wearing a skirt was trying to pin another girl and they censored her ass, even though she had on shorts underneath, huge smh
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    off topic but I paid 59.95 for this game in 98.

647281-wcwnworevenge_na.jpg

lol.

Id prob go with wcw. The cruiser-weight division was also great to watch. problem is at one point NWO had damn near all the wrestlers on their side. lol.

• dubya03
    dubya03 Members Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Options
    ECW
    ECW. They really needed investors with deep pockets to survive . They had the talent and the appeal....an alternative to the WWF/WWE and WCW. Add wrestlers from FMW and ROH promotions ECW would've been great!
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WCW
    If I had to choose between the 2 it would be WCW and I know you said 2001 but, I would try the save the company before it got to the point where it was at in '01.

Here's a few steps I would take:

1. The NWO wouldn't have lasted as long as it did (including the rehash of w/Bret, Jarrett, Nash, etc.,) when Goldberg beat Hogan that would have been the end of NWO.

2. Cut Hogan's contract/creative control in half or put him out of the company.
    3. Slowly start pushing some of WCW's work horses like Benoit, Bret, Eddie, DDP, Stenier into the main event and make them strong competitors use guys like Nash, Hogan, Flair etc., (more established guys) to build the previous names.

4. Get rid of Russo/Ed Ferra hire some old wrestling heads that actual about making the product better.
    5. Either move Nitro to a different time slot on Monday's or move it to Tuesday nights.
    6. Put more emphasis on Thunder like WWE did with Smackdown when it first started.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ECW
    i think wcw is the safe pick cuz of their star power, but id go with ecw