Fair or Foul? - Religious owned businesses can refuse service to homosexuals

Options

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    is there a list of these religious businesses that's tryna use this? i'm curious if they've been identified
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So can they discriminate on Jews, Muslims, Other Christians, Atheist, etc etc as well using Religious Belief with this law or is it strictly homosexuals?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whom ever they want to based on their "religion" aka not really their religion but their own racist/discriminatory views
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the whole situation is hilarious to me

the conservatives of the country are scared of dudes who like getting it on with other dudes

while the dudes who like getting it on with other dudes are craving attention and 'rights' because they are dudes who like getting it on with other dudes.

the whole ? parade is nothing but a party for men who like having other men in bed.

athletes declaring themselves as ? feeling like they did something. all theyre really doing is letting the world know they like taking it in the ass. thats all you're declaring.

straight athletes should 'come out' and say they enjoy hetero sex. hold a press conference and everything just to say "im a straight male and i love ? ". wouldnt matter none the country craves ? and unimportant ? .
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    the whole situation is hilarious to me

the conservatives of the country are scared of dudes who like getting it on with other dudes

while the dudes who like getting it on with other dudes are craving attention and 'rights' because they are dudes who like getting it on with other dudes.

the whole ? parade is nothing but a party for men who like having other men in bed.

athletes declaring themselves as ? feeling like they did something. all theyre really doing is letting the world know they like taking it in the ass. thats all you're declaring.

straight athletes should 'come out' and say they enjoy hetero sex. hold a press conference and everything just to say "im a straight male and i love ? ". wouldnt matter none the country craves ? and unimportant ? .

This ^^^^ is basically how I look at the entire issue. I ain't about bashing ? but, the whole thing is just getting out of hand from both sides of the field. Who somebody love behind closed doors not affecting my life in any way. I look at it from the perspective of who am I to judge? At the end of life we all have to answer for things we did on Earth. The only thing(s) that gets on my nerve is all these announcements of coming out the closet. My thing is like who you like and go about you're life, no announcement needed. Also, ? rights & civil rights are 2 different issues imo but, to each it's own.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol there is a Christian on Anderson 360 ethering these dudes right now.

Dropping scriptures on these people.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul even though I don't agree with homosexuality they shouldn't be refused service. This bill is a slippery slope because first it's gonna be the ? then the "illegal immigrants" and then the blacks. It's not like religion especially Christianity hasn't been used to defend slavery and the unethical treatments of black throughout American history.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's wild how many people on here are pro-discrimination (as long as it doesn't affect them directly, of course).
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I got a lemonade stand I should be able to turn anyone away. It's my ? , not the govt's. SIMPLE.

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul. Freedom of thought doesn't justify discrimination.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was listening to Howard today and they said that the people want to defend their religious beliefs, this isn't an attack on one specific group of people. But, it's the whole reason this started.

smh religious folks disgust me
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    If I got a lemonade stand I should be able to turn anyone away. It's my ? , not the govt's. SIMPLE.

slap-10.gif
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why should people be forced to do business with homosexuals?? all you people defending this ? have yet to explain your position.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If u can't respect other peoples religious beliefs than u are uncivilized....

Does that include mutilations, human sacrifice and pedophelia? Or do you pick and choose which religious beliefs to respect and which you consider to be harmful, stupid or dangerous like everybody else?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Why should people be forced to do business with homosexuals?? all you people defending this ? have yet to explain your position.

business is business

sexuality, color or religion shouldn't matter

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I was listening to Howard today and they said that the people want to defend their religious beliefs, this isn't an attack on one specific group of people. But, it's the whole reason this started.

smh religious folks disgust me

this is what i dont get yall acting if the law passes that ? are not gonna be able 2 live they life... so what a place dont want them there... america has become so "politically correct" that u have 2 fake like u agree with somthing u dont.. being neutral is one thing.. but bashing people cuz of they beliefs is just as bad as what yall saying the religious people are doing...
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's wild how many people on here are pro-discrimination (as long as it doesn't affect them directly, of course).
    Sad part is, and this is just an assumption, is that most of these people are black and complain about discrimination damn near every day.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Sad part is, and this is just an assumption, is that most of these people are black and complain about discrimination damn near every day.

as a black man i would rather a white person be up front and say "i dont like black people" then hide it 2 be "politically correct" but discriminate against me in other way like

not hiring me because of my name..

pulling me over because im black..

shooting me because i look like a "thug" ect..

at least if u upfront about yo beliefs i have the option of staying away from u.. or kno if u around me 2 keep my guard up..

another thing about the law its not like they saying "nobody can serve ? " if 98 percent of the state is against this and the law passes guess what nothings really gonna change..
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its unAmerican as ? to sanction discrimination... u do not have a right to discriminate...
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

as a black man i would rather a white person be up front and say "i dont like black people" then hide it 2 be "politically correct" but discriminate against me in other way like

not hiring me because of my name..

pulling me over because im black..

shooting me because i look like a "thug" ect..

at least if u upfront about yo beliefs i have the option of staying away from u.. or kno if u around me 2 keep my guard up..

another thing about the law its not like they saying "nobody can serve ? " if 98 percent of the state is against this and the law passes guess what nothings really gonna change..
    Whether it is overt or passive discrimination is discrimination.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    its unAmerican as ? to sanction discrimination... u do not have a right to discriminate...
    there are laws in affect right now that discriminate against blacks...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    like what?
    "the war on drugs"

some cities want 2 fine you 4 "sagging"

• Meta_Conscious
    Options
    like what?
    "the war on drugs"

the "War on Drugs" is not a law... its failed strategy that ppl are actively fighting to change...
    fines for sagging are not discrimination... blacks and whites deplore that disgusting ? ... KYS
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    like what?
    "the war on drugs"

the "War on Drugs" is not a law... its failed strategy that ppl are actively fighting to change...
    fines for sagging are not discrimination... blacks and whites deplore that disgusting ? ... KYS

but why is those laws more dominantly enforced in black communities?

btw that "stop frisk law" in new york.. just because they stop a white person "every now and then" dont mean they dont target minorities mostly..

lol @ yall being so jaded about this..

my mom has been with females most of my life and she would say "? them if they dont want me in they ? ... i will go somewhere else... yall fail 2 realize no more then like 5 percent of those businesses will even take part in this ? ...