Living Color Vs. Chappelle's Show

Options
goldenja
goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I don't know if this has been done in the past. But, which Sketch show do you think was funnier?

Living Color Vs. Chappelle's Show 71 votes

Living Color
30%
gnsex-soldierBroddiethemadlionsfanineedpussyGhostdenithegawdmikelewisIdiopathic JokerChi-Town BullyMister B.goldenjaBarryHallsYoung GunnerTheNightKingCottonCitySlimTrillfategenocidecuttertrilladelicericb4prezSplackavelli 22 votes
Chappelle's Show
69%
Dupacdwade206white715almighty breeze5th LetterCP203jee504soul rattlerjonothe ghostGot Em Shookherbalism101fortyacresJusDre313af.r.i.c.a.clairvoyanceCJillestni99ainneKINGECSo ILL 49 votes

Comments

• illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chappelle's Show
    in living color will always be a goat show. but chappelle show got away with a whole lot more
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Living Color
    I almost voted for chapelle show. Then I started remembering all the classic ? in living color had that still has relevance today :
    ? don't play that, the yo mama game show, the ? ass movie critics nh, jlo when she was just hey ? , wanda nh, fire marshall bill-sheet jim carey being a funny muhfucka in general, Jamie foxx's launchpad, al bundy's goat guest appearance, etc..2 much ish to name.

Chapelle been off air for a while too. The rick james & prince skit gave both entertainers some renewed(not saying they were irrelevant)relevance. Chapelle also got a lot of stuff that's gonna keep being funny.
    It also got crackaz a lil 2 comfortable with the "n" word unfortunately.

I wanted to stay neutral and vote undecided. Since that options not available, imma go with ILC.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chappelle's Show
    I messed with In Living Color, but a lot of the jokes flew over my head as a kid. Chappelle's Show was more of the In Living Color of my generation. Both are classics, though.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chappelle's Show
    ? !
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chappelle's Show
    by far
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Living Color
    i love chappelle's show but in living color beats it hands down. just think of it this way. if in living color was on cable tv just imagine the skits the waynes would do. you cant deny it
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Chappelle's Show
    In living color was before my time
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chappelle's Show
    No comparison.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Living Color
    ILC had more consistent humor
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Living Color
    Being someone who loved both, In Living Color was by far the better show. Chapelle was a one-trick pony show (centered around race). He did that one thing better than anyone else, but In Living Color was so well rounded and the cast was crazy talented. ILC paved the way for all black sketch comedy shows. Chapelle was edgy for it's time, but ILC was even edgier for its time. Just look up the controversy they caused with their Super Bowl Halftime show.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chappelle's Show
    The Chapelle Show pushed a lot of limits and made ppl uncomfortable, which was great. The Clayton Bigsby and Tryone the crackhead skits is some epic ? . It's crazy to think it's been off the air for 10 years already!
    clayton-bigsby.png
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chappelle's Show
    T-Rel wrote: »
    Chappelle easily.
    EASILY
  • Ol' Fred
    Ol' Fred Members Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    both on some classic ish fo' ol' fred!
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chappelle's Show
    Close one.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Living Color
    I loved Chappelle's Show but because In Living Color lasted longer it had more memorable skits and characters overall (Loomis Simmons, Frenchie, Fire Marshall Bill, Cephus and Reesie, Brothers Brothers, Homeboy Shopping Network, ? The Clown, Anton Jackson, ? Dozens etc.).
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chappelle's Show
    ^^^ forgot about brother's brothers. That was hilarious when they would start singing, sounding like john Denver or some other super white singer.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Chappelle's Show
    Imo In Living Color didnt age as well as Chappelle Show and this coming from someone who grew up on In living color but when they started airing those color re-runs I didn't find some of those skits as funny as I use too whereas the majority of the chappelle skits still hold up today including the lost episodes,if chappelle had stayed couple a more seasons this wouldnt even be debatable.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ? putting these two shows up against each other. they are both GOAT. tryin to pick which was better really isn't fair and shouldn't be done. jus let em be the two BEST sketch comedies of all time. Props to both shows

Broddie wrote: »
    I loved Chappelle's Show but because In Living Color lasted longer it had more memorable skits and characters overall (Loomis Simmons, Frenchie, Fire Marshall Bill, Cephus and Reesie, Brothers Brothers, Homeboy Shopping Network, ? The Clown, Anton Jackson, ? Dozens etc.)

ALL classic characters. ? . you didn't even mention Jamie Foxx as Carl The Tooth/Wanda, Men on Film, Damon Wayans as Oswald Bates (prison ? who always used big words in the wrong sentence) the "Hey Mon" Jamaican family, Jamie and Tommy as the goofy bouncers, Funky Finger Productions and Handy man

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Living Color
    Gotta give it to in living color cause of its longevity and the amount of people that got put on because of that show. That ? still got quotables. No chappelles shows without in living color.
    Chappelles show is and will stay the best sketch comedy show of the next few generations. Only 2 seasons tho.
  • Broddie
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Living Color
    marc123 wrote: »
    ? putting these two shows up against each other. they are both GOAT. tryin to pick which was better really isn't fair and shouldn't be done. jus let em be the two BEST sketch comedies of all time. Props to both shows

Broddie wrote: »
    I loved Chappelle's Show but because In Living Color lasted longer it had more memorable skits and characters overall (Loomis Simmons, Frenchie, Fire Marshall Bill, Cephus and Reesie, Brothers Brothers, Homeboy Shopping Network, ? The Clown, Anton Jackson, ? Dozens etc.)

ALL classic characters. ? . you didn't even mention Jamie Foxx as Carl The Tooth/Wanda, Men on Film, Damon Wayans as Oswald Bates (prison ? who always used big words in the wrong sentence) the "Hey Mon" Jamaican family, Jamie and Tommy as the goofy bouncers, Funky Finger Productions and Handy man

Word or Sweet Tooth Jones or Calhoun Tubbs and the background guy aka my favorite Jim Carrey character, Candy Cane and also Keenan's Arsenio & Tyson impersonations. Just too much funny content on that show through the 5 seasons.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Living Color
    ^^^ forgot about brother's brothers. That was hilarious when they would start singing, sounding like john Denver or some other super white singer.

That was actually the Smothers Brothers singing their songs. Smothers Brothers were actually some cool ass white guys who did a lot for the civil rights movement.

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chappelle's Show
    Living Color did not age well. I remember being excited when it was syndicated and I found most of it unfunny.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Living Color
    ILC is the truth. Over 28 year-olds know what's up.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Living Color
    alot of these dudes too young to remember how groundbreaking ILC was/is.

ILC broke ground and fathered alot of these shows