Any motorcycle heads?

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just came from down south this weekend, loading the bike up, pops ain't rode it since January, Arthur a ?
    28hfzwg.jpg

is it true that ridin g hogs leads to swollen prostates?

I've never heard that one before
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awesome bike King Hassan...
  • king hassan
    Options
    Awesome bike King Hassan...
    Thanks, that's a Honda Aero 750
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ride a Aprilia RSV4 and i rides my ?
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    Them 1000's are nothing to ? around with. For one they're way to light in the ass and that alone will make them fly off on you if you're not paying attention. Be easy on that thing trust me lol I know @skpjr78

This cbr is light as hell. With a full tank of gas it only weighs 440 lbs but it puts out 175 hp stock. By the time I finish customizing it i'll be well over 225 hp.

That CBR 1000 motor aint built for horse power gains like that. You might as well get a ZX10, GSXR1000, or the S1000RR. Those bikes make horse power easy.

Honda and Yamaha never make big horsepower gains even if you do engine work too them.
  • king hassan
    Options
    honda-cg-150-start2.jpg

I learned riding on a 700 and I wish I didn't.I got this lil baby and I ride the ? outta of it.I ride between cars heavy traffic ? the police lol.Nah but forreal ? looking cool just buy something that you can be comfortable with.

That looks like a good commuter bike, get to work in no time
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    im a sportbike guy and that aint changing no time soon. im turned out on the speed, acceleration and maneuverability. i plan on keeping my fireblade for the long run but i can for see a day when i transition to a cruiser. what do you guys know about the big bikes?

i dont see what the big deals are about harleys. the only experience ive had on a harley was on a buhell and it was a total pos. they aare expensive as hell and visually they just dont do it for me. the only one that even looks decent to me is the vrod night rod and most harley guys dont care for that line. the suzuki boulevard m109r looks pretty cool but i dont know anything about it. you guys have any info on it or any other cruiser?

6843b5e8e40b1fcd0ffcdc4622c914df.jpg

this ? is sweet as hell. when i get tired of leaning forward this will be definietly be my next bike.
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    im a sportbike guy and that aint changing no time soon. im turned out on the speed, acceleration and maneuverability. i plan on keeping my fireblade for the long run but i can for see a day when i transition to a cruiser. what do you guys know about the big bikes?

i dont see what the big deals are about harleys. the only experience ive had on a harley was on a buhell and it was a total pos. they aare expensive as hell and visually they just dont do it for me. the only one that even looks decent to me is the vrod night rod and most harley guys dont care for that line. the suzuki boulevard m109r looks pretty cool but i dont know anything about it. you guys have any info on it or any other cruiser?

6843b5e8e40b1fcd0ffcdc4622c914df.jpg

this ? is sweet as hell. when i get tired of leaning forward this will be definietly be my next bike.

I got rid of my Fireblade not so too long ago and went for my first Harley, which was more of a cafe racer a 'Sportster 48', I fckn love it, its nowhere near as quick my blade was, but its still got some power but looks beautiful, I swear cafe racers are like a piece of art... Go to your local Harley dealer and take a test ride...
  • BlackNeji971
    BlackNeji971 Members Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how does it work in the US? you only take a 3 day class and then you can drive a bike?
  • skpjr78
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Linked up with a club and took a ride up to the mountains this weekend. ? was excellent. I was pleasantly surprised by the torque my sport bike had. ? was pulling ridiculous mountain inclines after slowing down to low speeds for deep mountain curves all in 2nd gear. I never downshifted to 1st. I knew this ? was fast but the low end torque and power on demand shocked me.

f6ff2o9ze93k.jpg
    iqbs47d3bl8v.jpg
    s84jjsqbkmfi.jpg
    boppqk1zso9y.jpg
    r5ot1a7korgk.jpg
    a1vgzrd0kk0d.jpg
    ch89f1vdxk6t.jpg
    9w2zvz11egow.jpg
    ba8fxhfgg80b.jpg

• MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Linked up with a club and took a ride up to the mountains this weekend. ? was excellent. I was pleasantly surprised by the torque my sport bike had. ? was pulling ridiculous mountain inclines after slowing down to low speeds for deep mountain curves all in 2nd gear. I never downshifted to 1st. I knew this ? was fast but the low end torque and power on demand shocked me.

f6ff2o9ze93k.jpg
    iqbs47d3bl8v.jpg
    s84jjsqbkmfi.jpg
    boppqk1zso9y.jpg
    r5ot1a7korgk.jpg
    a1vgzrd0kk0d.jpg
    ch89f1vdxk6t.jpg
    9w2zvz11egow.jpg
    ba8fxhfgg80b.jpg

Cool pics .....that's you twisting it down a mountain in shorts, sneakers, and a jersey ..... bold lol
  • skpjr78
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »

f6ff2o9ze93k.jpg
    iqbs47d3bl8v.jpg
    s84jjsqbkmfi.jpg
    boppqk1zso9y.jpg
    r5ot1a7korgk.jpg
    a1vgzrd0kk0d.jpg
    ch89f1vdxk6t.jpg
    9w2zvz11egow.jpg
    ba8fxhfgg80b.jpg

Cool pics .....that's you twisting it down a mountain in shorts, sneakers, and a jersey ..... bold lol

It wasn't the smartest thing ive ever done lol
  • skpjr78
    edited September 2016
    Options
    i love my cbr 1000rr but that m109r is calling me. i love the speed, agility and acceleration of my fireblade but i want to kick back and ride long distances at this point. my understanding is that the m109r is the perfect bike to make that transition on. it has the size and comfort of a cruiser with the speed, acceleration and torque of a sport bike. the ? has an 1800cc engine with 4.4 inch pistons. i've been told its a monster on the road and it is pretty as ? to me. is anyone familiar with it? has anyone made the transition from street bike to cruiser? what did you have and what did you get? what did you gain/lose with the new bike?

• skpjr78
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Anybody have any info on tires? I need a rear. I got 4k miles out of a Bridgestone Battlax that came stock on the bike. It's a sport bike but i dont ride extremely hard. I've been up to the mountains but the rest of my miles have been on the highway. Im not a stunter or a racer even though I frequently open it up on I-20. Im trying to determine which tires to get. No need for the hyper sports. They are great for speed and performance but they dont last very long. Im not a track guy so I dont see the need for them. Im thinking of going with the sports touring line. Anybody ever run those on a sport bike? If so how did it work? Where can I get a good price on tires?
  • SmashinYourWaifu
    SmashinYourWaifu Members Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About to cop my first bike. Flipping between 250 and the 300. Copping gear too
  • skpjr78
    Options
    About to cop my first bike. Flipping between 250 and the 300. Copping gear too

Dont get anything less than a 600. Anything smaller than that is a waste of time.
  • SmashinYourWaifu
    SmashinYourWaifu Members Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its my first bike im cool copping a cheap no power bike. Im hard headed as ? and dont feel like killing my self
  • MECCA1000
    Options
    Anybody have any info on tires? I need a rear. I got 4k miles out of a Bridgestone Battlax that came stock on the bike. It's a sport bike but i dont ride extremely hard. I've been up to the mountains but the rest of my miles have been on the highway. Im not a stunter or a racer even though I frequently open it up on I-20. Im trying to determine which tires to get. No need for the hyper sports. They are great for speed and performance but they dont last very long. Im not a track guy so I dont see the need for them. Im thinking of going with the sports touring line. Anybody ever run those on a sport bike? If so how did it work? Where can I get a good price on tires?

The continental conti are a good tire day to day

Michelin pilots are pretty much go to classics
    ... personal favorites

Pirelli Diablo are solid but burn up quick
    Dunlop road smart.....heat up quick and stay sticky ....

I'm mad that maxxis stopped making sport bike tires .... them joints was rock solid
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all be careful on these bikes. I had a homie die tonight on one and another earlier this year
  • king hassan
    Options
    I'm digging those Triumph bikes, they look real slick. I see a lot of people on them on the north side of Chicago
  • MECCA1000
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Y'all be careful on these bikes. I had a homie die tonight on one and another earlier this year

R.I.P ......
  • MECCA1000
    Options
    I'm digging those Triumph bikes, they look real slick. I see a lot of people on them on the north side of Chicago

I'm not a fan .... but they have a nice riding seating position of more upright .... making maneuverability better for city traffic ..... kinda like riding a street fighter style
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I must be an idiot because I know two people who have seriously ? themselves up on bikes in my time, yet I've decided this year that I want to learn and get my motorbike licence. General biker opinion is that accidents tend to be due to bad drivers.
  • water ur seeds
    Options

I must be an idiot because I know two people who have seriously ? themselves up on bikes in my time, yet I've decided this year that I want to learn and get my motorbike licence. General biker opinion is that accidents tend to be due to bad drivers.

I partly agree, but my advice is that you have to always be reading the road though and assume that everything is against you... I think most accidents happen 2miles away from your home, so dont assume that just because you are nearly home that you are now safe and can let your concentration slack...

But if you are at a set of traffic lights and car smashes into the back of you there not much you can do to prevent it, aside from keeping your break light on to let them know you arnt moving...

I dont commute or ride every day on a bike as Im a fair weather rider, but Ive still had some major close calls and minor accidents at low speeds when I first passed...