Create Your Own Label Seminfinals: Winner - Renaissance Rocafella Records 3 - 1

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay. I'm off work. Let me grab a Scotch on the rocks and I will work up a vote.

ibtwmA6WH7QmJs.gif
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    You're an alcoholic Malice how much times you must have scotch after work? Is you're job that stressful? Lol

Lol. I have a Scotch on the rocks pretty much everyday. And yes my job is very skressful. On Friday and Saturday nights me and my wife go through a bottle of Scotch a night. I'm not an alcoholic tho.
  • Michael_Malice
    edited February 2014
    Future Sales: I believe Kendrick is in the process if being able to carry a label as far far as sales but I'm not quite sold yet. Looking at the NRA roster, he will definitely have to carry the label. RRR will not have to many issues moving units. The big names are there and the cohesion appears to be pretty good. This category really isn't that close to be honest. It will take calculated moves for NRA to even keep up.

RRR

Future Critical Acclaim: NRA has a good mix of young artist that seem to be hungry. Hungry enough to garner some major Critical Acclaim? I'm not so sure if they are there yet. We all know Kendrick will do his thing and get the talking heads listening but a guy like Lupe. How bad does he want it? Again, with some good production and good marketing NRA could be there. RRR is already there. Too many artist that continue to garner Critical acclaim or very close to it. I don't see anything that would change that. I could go down the roster and say, yeah they are capable.

RRR

Longevity: As you know I am a fan of experience. Although the young gunners on NRA have plenty of potential they will need to come together as a unit to ensure longevity. RRR is already there again. They will be around for awhile and the artists that will begin to fade shouldn't have a problem passing the torch.

RRR

Album Covers/Tracklist: Just some great covers here on both labels. Like I said in another round I absolutely love what NRA did with Lupe to include a strong Tracklist. To me this just comes down to flow. RRR covers flow so well and you can just tell they are on the same label and they are a team. The Tracklists and production are pretty even on both sides so this came down to covers.

RRR

Cohesion: I like the eye test and my eyes tell me that NRA is a cohesive unit. Of course they will need to build on that with management and production but they definitely pass the eye test. RRR is a very balanced label that seems like it would work well. They have already started the process with the Album Covers. I'm going going to go with the eye test here and give the edge to NRA.

Good job by both labels but RRR is strong. Other labels may want to watch out because they are going to be a problem. Very strong label.

Winner: RRR
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Well damn. Prop to both of yall tho, you both made solid labels.
  • Michael_Malice
    Now let me go check out my fellow judges votes. I don't read other judges votes before I vote. I don't want any kind of sway.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I thought this was much closer than a 3-1 vote.
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited February 2014
    Props to @Soaker arguably the most technical label in the tourney but I built my roster to win this game. Idk why y'all are so surprised. After losing in the last game, in the Semis to Sion and seeing how he won with his roster I knew what I was going for this time around and made sure I nailed every criteria to a T. Once I had Jay, Cole, Wale, Cudi and Push in the bag along with smart pick ups like Mannie, Chad, Bink! I knew I had the IT label. And please believe I will be droppin 4 new projects in the finals. 10 track LPs and all. Theres only 1 rule

opvbxw.jpg

tumblr_ly0jtr2IDS1qg4z96o1_500.gif
  • _Goldie_
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nillerthekid is this the Jhene Akio you lumped with Juelz and Iggy?

[img]https://scontent-a-ord.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1660826_10151950673602006_91412266_n.jpg[/img]

Aye, she's finna blow up more in 2014
  • IceBergTaylor
    Da Riddler wrote: »
    lil-wayne-laughing.gif

Cheese should have made the switch. I called for it 4-5 different occasions. Best believe I had something for you doggie. The Jets album with the Tribe flip was tailor made for @Soaker. There was def something ready for you. You would have been swept

basketball-animated-gif-sports-gifs-giphy-1390782860g8n4k.gif
  • _Goldie_
    29257-Beyonce-Didnt-Read-LOL-gif-pZrJ.gif

I got the biggest entertainer of our generation and the biggest rapper in the game for the past 5 plus years on my team, your struggle label isnt on my level bruh.
  • Michael_Malice
    Them ? talking that ? . Should be a good ass ending to this one.
  • IceBergTaylor
    LOL at "didnt read" but proceed to make a comment. ? win a round where his opponent's top 3 artist were Cam'ron, Big Sean & Fabolous. Miss me wit all that struggle woofin you're doin. You think this is a popularity contest. If that was the case Ibex should have won & we would have had no need for a tournament. You'd probably only win a Sales category. Your label has nothing else LOL. Wayne has nothing on Jay Z ever. Jay is the hip-hop ambassador, Jay is everywhere Wayne cant get too. Step your troll game up.
  • _Goldie_
    edited February 2014
    I didnt wanna do this lol, your team is weak compared to mine. Lets bring reality to this..

Sales is a given

Acclaim, what artist on your label has won any awards other than Jay? Weezy,3k, and Beyonce all have multiple grammys. And if we're talkin on a street level, Miguel arguably put out the best male rnb album in the past 5 years with Kaleidoscope Dream and Ross,Asap,Styles P and Budden still put out respectable material.

Longevity, while your team is full of role players, my team is full of superstars, who've all proved they can not only sustain success but also branch off and build a successful crew of their own. Asap,Ross,Weezy are all bosses, pusha,cole,wale are all role players with bosses. Big difference.

The only category you might win is covers/tracklist and that'll be a pity vote.
  • _Goldie_
    Damn I just looked , even Miguel got a grammy lol U cant be serious
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited February 2014

Who cares ? lmao

Your best artists are Beyonce & Andre
    Andre has dropped about 15-20 verses the last 10-12 years
    No solo album

So you're only real advantage is Beyonce
    Wayne's last album IAMAHB2 Bricked

Miguel got Grammys

Jay got 19 Grammys
    more than Beyonce
    More than Lil Wayne

and more than Miguel LOL Miguel
    Cudi, Wale, Pusha T, J. Cole all have critically acclaimed albums.

Go home dawg. Only reason why Cheese didnt make the switch is cause he didnt want another sweep on his hands.
  • _Goldie_
    Dont make me have to son you too lol

Quincy won those mfs in the 70s and 80s, he's produced 2 albums in the past 20 plus years my ? and those didnt get ? lmaoo

Rico Love has multiple grammys off of projects he's produced within this decade ? lol

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo@ beyonce hasnt had any critical acclaim since crazy in love, she won 6 grammys off of I AM Sasha Fierce alone, she's won a grammy off of every album she's put out. Sade hasnt won an award since the 90s. My ? before you talks ? , PLEASE do your research.
  • IceBergTaylor
    I didnt wanna do this lol, your team is weak compared to mine. Lets bring reality to this..

Sales is a given

Acclaim, what artist on your label has won any awards other than Jay? Weezy,3k, and Beyonce all have multiple grammys. And if we're talkin on a street level, Miguel arguably put out the best male rnb album in the past 5 years with Kaleidoscope Dream and Ross,Asap,Styles P and Budden still put out respectable material.

Longevity, while your team is full of role players, my team is full of superstars, who've all proved they can not only sustain success but also branch off and build a successful crew of their own. Asap,Ross,Weezy are all bosses, pusha,cole,wale are all role players with bosses. Big difference.

The only category you might win is covers/tracklist and that'll be a pity vote.

LMFAO at this whole post oh ? this ? is serious
    He's comparing Ross, Asap, Styles and Budden's material to Cole, Pusha, Spitta, Cudi & Wale
    The Bolded might be the funniest ? I ever seen someone use to describe their longevity.

Yo I'm done, Riddler touche bro. I said step your troll game up and you did. =))
  • _Goldie_

Who cares ? lmao

You're best artists are Beyonce & Andre
    Andre has dropped about 15-20 verses the last 10-12 years
    No solo album

So you're only real advantage is Beyonce
    Wayne's last album IAMAHB2 Bricked

Miguel got Grammys

Jay got 19 Grammys
    more than Beyonce
    More than Lil Wayne

and more than Miguel LOL Miguel
    Cudi, Wale, Pusha T, J. Cole all have critically acclaimed albums.

Go home dawg. Only reason why Cheese didnt make the switch is cause he didnt want another sweep on his hands.

lmaooo @ this ? . Is there 20 Jay albums you plan on droppin we dont know about lmaoooooooooo That ? bout 45 , he got about 1 and a half decent albums left in the tank
  • IceBergTaylor
    Bruh sorry, I dont respond to trolls after 11:44PM
  • IceBergTaylor
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    29257-Beyonce-Didnt-Read-LOL-gif-pZrJ.gif

I got the biggest entertainer of our generation and the biggest rapper in the game for the past 5 plus years on my team, your struggle label isnt on my level bruh.

Last 5 years? 2009 was 5 years ago and Wayne was trash in 09 stop reaching with that lol

• _Goldie_
    Carter 3 came out in 09 my ? , that ? went plat in a week, df is u talkin bout
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carter 3 came out in 09 my ? , that ? went plat in a week, df is u talkin bout

It came out in 08 fool
  • _Goldie_
    Its no suprise yall been workin together and hope to meet in the finals, but no matter how much yall work together it aint goin down like that.

UR big comeback is a quincy spoken word album from 02 and sade winning a grammy off of an album she did in the 80s? lmaoooo And Im the one trollin? lmaoooo

The artist with critical acclaim on your team are has beens who havent produced an award winning project in over a decade. Even the wu hasnt put out a classic album as a group since the 90s , and ghost's last was over 5 years ago. The rest has been puttin out duds, on top of that none of them win awards.

The thing thats gon ? you is, you think you deserve to win cuz off of the last game but youre crew isnt as good as you think it is.

The thing thats gon ? Ice is , he's too busy thinkin like a fan instead of a businessman. He think's cuz his artist raps better theyre better in the game, but it doesnt work like that. I made a perfect balance of artist with critical acclaim and artist who are power players.