WWE Network Thread

Options
TheBossman
TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in Off The Turn Buckle
010814_wwe-network_600.jpg

Anyone having trouble singing up or with billing? i can't get ? .

Comments

• Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    $10 a month with a 6 month commitment so basically pay that upfront and you get the next 12 months of PPV free with as much wrestling content your brain can overload on. Counting costs, that's like a $500 savings a year. Feels too good to be true

WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 streaming network, will launch live in the U.S. on Monday, February 24, featuring all 12 WWE live pay-per-view events – including WrestleMania® – valued at more than $600 per year for $9.99 per month with a 6-month commitment

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kool & the gang, but what cable outlets are carrying the network (Dish, Comcast, Direct TV, etc)?
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    kool & the gang, but what cable outlets are carrying the network (Dish, Comcast, Direct TV, etc)?

As far as I've read, it won't be. The FAQ's says:

18. Will WWE Network also be available through cable or satellite providers?
    No, WWE Network is delivered directly to fans through over-the-top digital distribution on the following devices: desktops and laptops via WWE.com; through the WWE App on: Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices; Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy; iOS devices such as Apple iPad and iPhone; Roku streaming devices; Sony PlayStation®3 and Sony PlayStation®4; and Xbox 360. Availability on additional devices, including Xbox One and select Smart TVs, will follow this summer
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    It's like hulu and Netflix for wrestlingn
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    only $9.99? this is be for all them damn taxes that'll bring it up to $600 bucks a year right?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    At that price it's worth it for the AWA, SMW, Jim Crockett Promotions footage alone let alone ECW, FCW, OVW and classic WWF and WCW video footage as well. That's the biggest draw for me they'll get my money just for that. I don't see how any wrestling fan could turn that down. I don't watch ALL of their ppv's just the big four when I can but getting them all at that price on top of everything else as well is definitely another nice incentive.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Youtube plus i got all that ? off torrents already
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GodGivBiz wrote: »

I never did the torrent thing. Too much work & memory. Streaming is as far as I go. I much rather come home, kick back turn on a PS4 and stream some Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling on my HDTV whenever I feel like it. It's only 10 freakin bucks I've never even bought a wrestling DVD in my life but this will definitely get my support down the line.

• TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    49 days fellas, 49 days!!!!
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting this ? , even tho I probably said I wouldn't.

One disappointment, no NXT.

That show needs air time, their new stars are brilliant.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    GodGivBiz wrote: »

You have every Raw/Smackdown/PPV downloaded? That's gotta be a ton of GBs mane.

I got at least 12tb external and what I need I find but I have everything from 93-05 from wwe/f to wcw to ecw tna m roh. I was huge into the streaming culture of wrestling via justintv b4 WWE started shuttin them down about two years. So I basically still have all the content
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    @Vibe Ill let you know when the torrenr is available...
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    - $9.99 a month (must give a six month commitment to get this price)
    - Streams on multiple devices with a single account
    - All 12 annual Live PPVs are included (beginning with Wrestlemania 30)
    - On demand videos of EVERY PPV that has ever happened...ever...(probably not a clip of Owen Hart dying though so don't bother)

^ That's a ? steal. I'll be watching old school PPVs at work on my phone and ? . If I don't watch PPVs live (which I usually don't) I always download the torrent next day... but this is just way more convenient. I end up ordering about 3 PPVs a year anyway so the cost evens out. Hopefully they get smart add in NXT.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So they are giving away all the ppv's for 10 bucks a month?

That's crazy

Why would I ever need to order the ppv then ?
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My question is will it be part of the sports package or will it be a separate entity?
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll have the ps4 by then.. if not this ps3 will die from the work I put in yo lol
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    - $9.99 a month (must give a six month commitment to get this price)
    - Streams on multiple devices with a single account
    - All 12 annual Live PPVs are included (beginning with Wrestlemania 30)
    - On demand videos of EVERY PPV that has ever happened...ever...(probably not a clip of Owen Hart dying though so don't bother)

^ That's a ? steal. I'll be watching old school PPVs at work on my phone and ? . If I don't watch PPVs live (which I usually don't) I always download the torrent next day... but this is just way more convenient. I end up ordering about 3 PPVs a year anyway so the cost evens out. Hopefully they get smart add in NXT.

I read it includes nxt too

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ppv ? damn near sealed the deal forreal.....
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking of PPVs DIrecTV is in their feelings:
    Satellite television company DirecTV is threatening to eliminate WWE pay-per-views now that WWE is making them available to WWE Network subscribers as part of a $9.99 per month (with a six month commitment) membership fee. DirecTV issued the following press release to the L.A. Times. "Clearly we need to quickly re-evaluate the economics and viability of their business with us, as it now appears the WWE feels they do not need their PPV distributors, has been steadily declining, and this new low-cost competitive offering will only accelerate this trend."

Meanwhile, Vince McMahon doesn't seem to be taking the threat seriously. "I think it’d be foolish for them not to want to carry the pay-per-view anymore," McMahon said. "It’s found money for them." Read the full story at Latimes.com. [Thanks to Dot Net Member HiSpot and Dot Net reader Chris]

http://bls.uieblender.com/html/article_kit/articleitem.jsp?itemid=12914329&modelid=348&activityid=24&snum=3&user=1
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FYI wwe doesn't censor old wwf footage anymore so its all gonna be authentic, i think the agreement between them and the world wildlife fund was changed or its over so no censoring wwf logos and/or them saying wwf, thats a HUGE win for us
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    YEA THEY CAN SHOW AND SAY WWF AS LONG AS IT OLD RECORDINGS
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You must be a cheap son of a ? if you have a problem paying $9.99 a month on this/$120 a year though you club every month of buy shoes that cost the same price as this or more.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see the number of hard drives being purchased skyrocketing with folks downloading so much content.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get to see wrestlemania X-7 all over again no blurring out logos .
    vyJIl.gif
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    I get to see wrestlemania X-7 all over again no blurring out logos .
    vyJIl.gif

i still got the VHS of that PPV!!!!!!