Samsung Galaxy S5 coming in April

13»

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dropped my S4 charger 1 too many times now the ? dont charge right

Its gotta be in the just right or it wont work, also gives me a slow charging message.

Yall recommend any chargers? Are 3rd party ones bad?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just use my Nexus 7 charger
  • Bcotton5
    I finally downloaded the 4.42 kitkat update for my s4 today, verizon finally dropped it

Whats new besides bloatware?
  • joshuaboy
    That's why I opt for the International Unlocked phones. They cost a bit more though.
  • Bcotton5
    aight got a question about transfering data between sd cards

Im swtiching to a new sd card and Im wondering if I can just drag and drop the entirety of my old sd card over to the new one everything will work just the same.

Dont some of the apps partially install the phone and sd card? I dont want my apps to stop working and ?
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was down to this or the htc one m8...

copped the m8 because i didn't like the cheap plastic build of the s5.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was down to this or the htc one m8...

copped the m8 because i didn't like the cheap plastic build of the s5.

U must not use a case because u can't see either phones back with a case
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Still rocking the S4. Just dropped my work phone on it today lmao and it cracked the corner of the screen... Should I pay $175 for a new one or switch to the S5?
  • Bcotton5
    Cain wrote: »
    For anyone who wants to root their Android device there's a new root method for the new KitKat software. It's the easiest of all root methods to date. I rooted my S4 last night took maybe 5min. Just go to this site towelroot.com from your phone and follow the directions simple

is it ok to do this with the verizon version?
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone who wants to root their Android device there's a new root method for the new KitKat software. It's the easiest of all root methods to date. I rooted my S4 last night took maybe 5min. Just go to this site towelroot.com from your phone and follow the directions simple

What exactly will rooting allow me to do on my S5? I'm hesitant
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

@bcotton5 yeah it will work the only thing is you must have the latest KitKat update. Just go to the website on your device and read the directions very easy root probably the easiest tbh

I read it doesnt work with T-Mobile. Can you confirm or deny? I have a Galaxy Note 3.
  • Michael_Malice
    MissK wrote: »

What exactly will rooting allow me to do on my S5? I'm hesitant

@missk rooting is like jailbreaking your Android phone. Once rooted you can sideload apps (get free apps) you can also change out the rom on your phone for a custom rom. That is for more tech savvy user lol. If you're tired of seeing stupid ads on your phone root it then google Adfree for Android then DL it. Once on your phone youll be free of stupid ads in youtube and other ads in apps

@bcotton5 yeah it will work the only thing is you must have the latest KitKat update. Just go to the website on your device and read the directions very easy root probably the easiest tbh

I read it doesnt work with T-Mobile. Can you confirm or deny? I have a Galaxy Note 3.

@Michael_Malice I'll check it out but I thought it worked for T-Mobile especially since TMob and ATT are basically the same service. I'll check some more though to be %100

Sounds good man. Just let me know. Thanks.
  • Michael_Malice
    @michael_malice if you have the latest update on your phone you should be able to root without a problem. Go to settings>>>>>>about device>>>>>check for baseband version if it says NE1 or NC1 you're good to go

I'm Android 4.4.2 and Baseband NB4 so I'm assed out on this one.
  • KillaCham
    non-advice giving ass ?
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham wrote: »
    non-advice giving ass ?

lol...................get the new S5 @KillaCham
    You know those moments when you know the right thing to do... but you just need someone else to co-sign it? Lol chea... good looks.
  • Michael_Malice
    @michael_malice if you have the latest update on your phone you should be able to root without a problem. Go to settings>>>>>>about device>>>>>check for baseband version if it says NE1 or NC1 you're good to go

I'm Android 4.4.2 and Baseband NB4 so I'm assed out on this one.

just check for a system update on your phone.

No update for my phone so just have to wait on T-Mobile. Thanks anyway.
  • Negro_Caesar
    non-advice giving ass ?

You know those moments when you know the right thing to do... but you just need someone else to co-sign it? Lol chea... good looks.

I got the s5. There ain't a big difference in the s4 and s5. Just a couple more features and a slightly better cam
  • Bcotton5
    non-advice giving ass ?

honestly I would wait for Note 4 shitll prolly drop a month after you buy the s5
  • Negro_Caesar
    non-advice giving ass ?

honestly I would wait for Note 4 shitll prolly drop a month after you buy the s5

Them phones r too damn big
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    non-advice giving ass ?

I got the s5. There ain't a big difference in the s4 and s5. Just a couple more features and a slightly better cam

That's standard though. When you update your line every years, you're not going to see a big jump from year to year. Most people upgrade every two years. Improvements do seem a bit significant over that time scale.
  • joshuaboy
    anyone rooted their S5 as yet?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh, I'm still on s2

I was on my s2 till it crapped out... now I have the s5...there are some things I don't like... but overall its better..