should single moms remain single until their kids are older?

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    Bruh I thought actions spoke louder than words? ?oh iight argue that...or you've never met a liar?? Ok you keep holding on to those words that sound so "civilized" and "honorable" and "classy"

You reaching for something, I chill with people based on them fitting and acting under that standard, if u don't then we ain't kickin it...simple as that, if i meet you at work and you on some sup bruh ? all over the work place I can't kick it with you seriously....

I didn't pull anything out of the air, as far as marriage goes. ..again I'm a only child witnessed 2 failed marriages, I was using a female going through the motions as to how you discuss things in a "civil" manner mean nothing because her actions can go against everything yall discussed 'civilly...

Not a Christian but sound jus like one....you don't believe in marriage??? Your wrong you need a better foundation to live off. ...

And you didn't answer my question, was marriage man made or was it there day 1??? It's man made so how could something like living unmarried be copying off something that came after? ?? You got it twisted "homie"

I didn't say you need a better foundation based on your views on marriage. I said, so because of this telepathic ability you have to not speak yet, know what people are thinking. Apparently your friends are also mutants.

Yes, marriage has been here since day 1. When two people agree to terms that is considered a marriage. Show me a civilization that didn't have marriage, relationship validation, or something similar. What civilization sustained itself by having grown men and women refer to themselves as BOYFRIEND and GIRLFRIEND. Seriously? You can't be serious. Grown people don't even hear themselves. This is my boyfriend and sun is 30. Word? It's pathetic.

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the sense in dating (seriously) while the child is still a baby. I'm talking 1 or 2 years old. I'm not talking about taking care of your business away from the home; I'm talking about bringing men into your baby's life. There may be some exceptions for a man that you've know for many years prior to your pregnancy, very close friend, etc. But some random person you met at Chik Fil A....no. That can wait.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Bruh I thought actions spoke louder than words? ?oh iight argue that...or you've never met a liar?? Ok you keep holding on to those words that sound so "civilized" and "honorable" and "classy"

You reaching for something, I chill with people based on them fitting and acting under that standard, if u don't then we ain't kickin it...simple as that, if i meet you at work and you on some sup bruh ? all over the work place I can't kick it with you seriously....

I didn't pull anything out of the air, as far as marriage goes. ..again I'm a only child witnessed 2 failed marriages, I was using a female going through the motions as to how you discuss things in a "civil" manner mean nothing because her actions can go against everything yall discussed 'civilly...

Not a Christian but sound jus like one....you don't believe in marriage??? Your wrong you need a better foundation to live off. ...

And you didn't answer my question, was marriage man made or was it there day 1??? It's man made so how could something like living unmarried be copying off something that came after? ?? You got it twisted "homie"

I didn't say you need a better foundation based on your views on marriage. I said, so because of this telepathic ability you have to not speak yet, know what people are thinking. Apparently your friends are also mutants.

Yes, marriage has been here since day 1. When two people agree to terms that is considered a marriage. Show me a civilization that didn't have marriage, relationship validation, or something similar. What civilization sustained itself by having grown men and women refer to themselves as BOYFRIEND and GIRLFRIEND. Seriously? You can't be serious. Grown people don't even hear themselves. This is my boyfriend and sun is 30. Word? It's pathetic.

Everybody in my rotation been there for 8+ years , it ain't no telepathic bs, I think of it being on my ps and qs, if you can't walk into a room and sense some hostility or shake a ? hand and feel his grip isn't tight like he's holding something in his other hand per se then your slippin,you've never been in a situation where you sensed something and was right? , it's not that we don't need to talk but I don't need my girl to tell me she love me after the first 2 times, ima see how she act, I don't need my people to tell me they love me, they looked out for me since day 1, and I'm a see how they act....if your gonna marry someone I'd assume you'd know them before you took that leap, and I'd imagine you'd know them well enough to be in a room not talk, and not be able to tell what the other is thinking...don't have to be dead accurate but in the same ballpark, as you said as a man you should be able to look somebody in the eye and see what is what, if i let somethin get close to me I need to be able to pretty much handle the ? with my eyes closed that's how well I need to know you

Using other civilizations is a bad analogy because their idea of marriage was way different than yours, he'll greeks were allowed the ? little boys...
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me and my ex tlkd about this today.

If there's something else that you need to be worried about (I.e. finding a job, going to school) then your focus should be on that and not a relationship. Women get so caught up in what they want in a partner, that they forget they need to bring something to the table as well.

As far as that 'get approval comment...do you realize how PETTY ? can be? That man told me that he would ? up any potential relationship I might have. But he left me tho. Some people just don't wanna see you happy.

As far as marriage is concerned, some people just want a companion. Personally, I feel like those are the same people who don't have a high regard for it. They look at it solely from a legal perspective. While others take the vows seriously. Now, marriage itself should not be used as a way to change a person (because it can't) nor should it be used as some sort of validation tool. Just because they married you means nothing.
    Promiscuous boyfriends make adulterous husbands
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this thread is about marriage now?
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jetlifebih
    deadeye wrote: »
    So this thread is about marriage now?

Na we got the sub debate goin on

Chime in
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you idiots are obsessed with single moms....don't date them but constantly talk about them.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, since when did marriage hold claim to the invention/ perfection of long term relationships?

Frankly, love and monogamy predate marriage.
    Marriage is an upholding of a set of values with another person, not the other way around.
  • sweetheart93
    Allergens wrote: »
    you idiots are obsessed with single moms....don't date them but constantly talk about them.

lol...yo i love your avi

Thanks. <3
  • jetlifebih

With something so abundant how could we not talk about single moms?

If we didn't talk about a big issue we'd be no better than the ain't ? ? that left yall
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014

this is true

but a lot of these dudes were raised by single moms so they have issues to work out obviously :(
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Single mothers are like cell phones these days...there every where ....can't avoid'em
  • sweetheart93

With something so abundant how could we not talk about single moms?

If we didn't talk about a big issue we'd be no better than the ain't ? ? that left yall

Hey, WHOA WHOA, HOLUP!!!.....I don't have kids & I ain't single, breh.

Copper wrote: »

Single mothers are like cell phones these days...there every where ....can't avoid'em

if you don't mess with them, then you shouldn't be worried about them. Unless of course, you're a single father. Then it makes sense to talk about them. But the guys that don't have kids and don't date single mothers.....
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

when did they let you out your cage?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    shots fired @Thot_Pilgrim!!!!!
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014

Funny that a female made this thread and at one point there was a "Childless ? Society", but yea it's just ? obsessed

?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, black men are not allowed to talk about single mothers? Lmaooooo
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweetheart is a ? ?
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think single moms should stay lonely forever however i'd say they need to think about their kids when dating. If you are dating a single mom then it's a given that the kid comes as part of the package ( unless its just a fling) I know women that date nut jobs and bring them around their kids then there are some that put their kid's needs before theirs and will not settle with someone until they are 100% sure they are ready to walk into a father role.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kai wrote: »
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    Yeah they ain't got nothing but baggage and another ? kid to bring to the table, who would sign up for that? ?

Same opinion on single dads I assume ?

women don't have a problem with single dads tho. and more often than not single dads aren't looking for a replacement mom. single mothers tend to want a father figure to step in

See you get it. some women say this, but anyone with common sense knows that its a package deal. Its like when you order something off of a infomercial and get upselled for other products you don't need.

If someone wants to live out a Brady Bunch fantasy then that's cool, but a man/woman needs to know what comes with it.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at three marriage debate. For all those opposed that plan on a long term relationship please take every legal step to do right by your s/o.

History shows people creating family dynasties and wealth through marriage. That bond/legal agreement is stronger than you think...

Most aren't doing that through their boyfriend/girlfriend of 20 years....
  • jetlifebih
    LPast wrote: »
    Lol at three marriage debate. For all those opposed that plan on a long term relationship please take every legal step to do right by your s/o.

History shows people creating family dynasties and wealth through marriage. That bond/legal agreement is stronger than you think...

Most aren't doing that through their boyfriend/girlfriend of 20 years....

But his idea of marriage and there's is 2 different things, they are doing it to maintain wealth, everybody reason is different
  • YC11
    YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    Hot single moms ? buckets