IYO, Has Kanye West fallen off?

Options

Comments

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with On Sight now. Need an extended version of that ? . ? whatever y'all been postin ? what ? whatever y'all been boastin.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    that verse he gave beyonce let me know he still got it when he wants to
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    No way this ? fell off he kills every verse and all his tracks entertaining. He doesn't make boring music. Yeezus was different it was an alternative hip hop album but still good IMO.

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Yes
    ? got 4 or 5 classics. Yeezus is the new 808's. The influence is already starting to be felt. MBDTF was his last solo before that and that was arguably the greatest hip hop album ever. His feature game is a bit lazy but when it comes to albums no one paints a better picture
    No way this ? fell off he kills every verse and all his tracks entertaining. He doesn't make boring music. Yeezus was different it was an alternative hip hop album but still good IMO.

These are non respectable opinions. "4 or 5 classics"? "Kills every verse"? Lmao unbelievable
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    90% of kanye west fanbase = White
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Content-wise and beat-wise... yes. Lyrically, he's always sucked.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Musically, while its not my favorite ? , he still doing his (own) thing

Perception, image and brand wise, Kanye lookin like a sinking ship.. Albeit a luxury one

^^^

no knock at what he's don't lately cuz life is all about progression. but, all that's he's done in the last 10 years.. I still prefer the College Dropout/Late registration style.
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Stew wrote: »
    ? got 4 or 5 classics. Yeezus is the new 808's. The influence is already starting to be felt. MBDTF was his last solo before that and that was arguably the greatest hip hop album ever. His feature game is a bit lazy but when it comes to albums no one paints a better picture

These are non respectable opinions. "4 or 5 classics"? "Kills every verse"? Lmao unbelievable

Steve stout just went on the breakfast club and said Ye has "4 or 5 classic albums"

LR and CD are the only classics according to most dust heads in this site. But grad is like GRODT, a hip hop thriller filled with worldwide hits, 808s is the base for all the music we hear today(undeniable) and MBDTF is so critically acclaimed it's already made its way on several "top 20 albums of all time, any genre" lists(best hip hop album ever IMO). That's not even bringing up WTT, a huge commercial success, and Yeezus...the most talked about album to this day, and another critically acclaimed album.

Doesn't surprise me tho, ? here think jay has more classic albums than Ye lmfao
  • Lebong James
    Options
    No
    Charlemagne couldn't even deny that Ye has ATLEAST 4 classics. Yet on the IC that's a "non respectable opinion" lol
  • Stew
    Options
    Yes

Steve stout just went on the breakfast club and said Ye has "4 or 5 classic albums"

LR and CD are the only classics according to most dust heads in this site. But grad is like GRODT, a hip hop thriller filled with worldwide hits, 808s is the base for all the music we hear today(undeniable) and MBDTF is so critically acclaimed it's already made its way on several "top 20 albums of all time, any genre" lists(best hip hop album ever IMO). That's not even bringing up WTT, a huge commercial success, and Yeezus...the most talked about album to this day, and another critically acclaimed album.

Do you think Kanye is a top 10 rapper of all time?
  • Lebong James
    Options
    No

#powerfulpost

I see you still fighting the war against anti Yeezianity. Keep up the good fight brother

2722%20-%20hulk_hogan%20smiling%20wcw.png
  • Lebong James
    Options
    No

Rapper, in terms of lyrical ability and straight spitting? No. But none of these mainstream ? are if we are going by that standard.

He's a top ten artist. It's not just about the lyrics with Ye. It's not just about the production it's the full package. It's the videos, the tours, the albums, the songs, the inspirational speeches.

I think he's the best hip hop artist possibly ever. Hip hop fans are too consumed by this "new Ye, Yeezus" and forget this is the guy who brought us "spaceship" "Jesus walks" "all falls down" and "? music". Only now he's done being polite about it and he ramps it up on New Slaves or Black Skinhead.

The most impactful artist of the last decade and that is not even debatable. Rewind to 2003 when 50 was poppin and jay was still wearing jerseys. 50 now is close to irrelevant cause "gangsta" rap was all but killed by the CD. Now the trendy things in rap are "art" and "fashion"? I wonder who started those trends. Hmmm..

When was the last time you saw any rapper wearing a jersey? I bet you've seen one wearing a kilt more recently.

Drake, the weeknd etc.. All come from the 808's platform(drake himself has said so) and now yeezus is starting the new trends with the "no promotion for my album before it drops" routine, not to mention Ross and drake wearing Ye's margiela masks now.

TL; DR: You see there's leaders...
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stew
    Options
    Yes

Rapper, in terms of lyrical ability and straight spitting? No. But none of these mainstream ? are if we are going by that standard.

He's a top ten artist. It's not just about the lyrics with Ye. It's not just about the production it's the full package. It's the videos, the tours, the albums, the songs, the inspirational speeches.

I think he's the best hip hop artist possibly ever. Hip hop fans are too consumed by this "new Ye, Yeezus" and forget this is the guy who brought us "spaceship" "Jesus walks" "all falls down" and "? music". Only now he's done being polite about it and he ramps it up on New Slaves or Black Skinhead.

The most impactful artist of the last decade and that is not even debatable. Rewind to 2003 when 50 was poppin and jay was still wearing jerseys. 50 now is close to irrelevant cause "gangsta" rap was all but killed by the CD. Now the trendy things in rap are "art" and "fashion"? I wonder who started those trends. Hmmm..

When was the last time you saw any rapper wearing a jersey? I bet you've seen one wearing a kilt more recently.

Drake, the weeknd etc.. All come from the 808's platform(drake himself has said so) and now yeezus is starting the new trends with the "no promotion for my album before it drops" routine, not to mention Ross and drake wearing Ye's margiela masks now.

Enough said. If you really believed he had all of those classics, you wouldve said yes.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charlemagne couldn't even deny that Ye has ATLEAST 4 classics. Yet on the IC that's a "non respectable opinion" lol

ether.gif

Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm down goes another one of these dusty ass scummbagggggsss!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lebong James
    Options
    No

Enough said. If you really believed he had all of those classics, you wouldve said yes.

You asked me if he was a top ten rapper. So I had to explain. He's a top 5 artist. ? being a rapper. I'd rather be an artist
  • Stew
    Options
    Yes

You asked me if he was a top ten rapper. So I had to explain. He's a top 5 artist. ? being a rapper. I'd rather be an artist

So u put him on Michael Jackson/Prince/James Brown level?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Maybe So

Foh with ya ? baiting. ? talking about hip hop artists and you talking perms this and perms that. Si u put him on that Michael Joedan/Wayne Gretzy level? What a clown.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Smh .....by this ? logic Dr.Dre has no classics either ......

Lol .....y'all ? go outta your way to say some clown ?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Maybe So
    In b4 he corrects my spelling of "so" and "jordan" then puts strikes through the rest of my comments. :)
  • Stew
    Options
    Yes
    GodGivBiz wrote: »

Foh with ya ? baiting. ? talking about hip hop artists and you talking perms this and perms that. Si u put him on that Michael Joedan/Wayne Gretzy level? What a clown.

What's the diff between a Hip Hop "artist" and a Hip Hop "rapper". He calls himself a rapper doesn't he?

Yea but but but....
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    didnt the ic do a best album each year thread and kanye and nas were the only rappers who owned three years and kanye was second place in another year lol

how you trying to say ye fell off yet you repping that MMLP II? all of kanyes album are better than that. lol no diss against em but he fell off the most. i know yall aint bumping the monster and headlights?

Damn.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Maybe So
    didnt the ic do a best album each year thread and kanye and nas were the only rappers who owned three years and kanye was second place in another year lol

how you trying to say ye fell off yet you repping that MMLP II? all of kanyes album are better than that. lol no diss against em but he fell off the most. i know yall aint bumping the monster and headlights?

I think em fell off about 10 years ago, at least Yeezys decline is QUESTIONABLY recent.

I wasnt feeling MMLP2 besides a few tracks but thats a different discussion.

I understand where youre going at with the hypocrisy tho.

At the end of the day tho everyone has their own unique opinion, and we all aint have to agree with each other all the time.