What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

IYO, Has Kanye West fallen off?

Replies

• DOPEdweebzDOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzPosts: 29,364 Regulator
    Maybe So
    Man on the moon/Day n Nite/Welcome to heartbreak to 808s

New AHH Battle Rap Forum
    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/the-battle-rap-zone
    Karma es verdad.
    Lebong James
  • ericb4prezericb4prez Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    And he was rockin skirts back on 2010 lol
  • Tymoney19Tymoney19 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Kanye got 3 classics. Four if you count wtt. Guarantee his next gonna be a classic too
    StoneColdMikey
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemPosts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    Kanye got 3 classics. Four if you count wtt. Guarantee his next gonna be a classic too

Wtt is not a classic and wat 3 classic albums does he have?
  • THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    WATCH THE THONE WAS PRETTY AVERAGE...
    I DON'T LIKE LARRY HOLMES & COONYE'S CHEMISTRY...
    SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY
  • Lebong JamesLebong James Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    cudi gets major props for 808's, him and kanye should've been what jay and Ye became.
    large.jpg
    KamPushMeJDSTAYWITITIceBergTaylorStoneColdMikey
  • Lebong JamesLebong James Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    lmfao at this thread...page 4 had me dying

yeezus thread all over again
    large.jpg
  • KneeGro_DuperManKneeGro_DuperMan Even if you mute it, The curse is there. Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His next solo will tell us.
    rip.dilla
  • JDSTAYWITITJDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeezus grew on me bruh. I listen to the whole album at least twice a week. It really has the same effect 808s had on me. When I first heard it it was like: "this that bullshit". Then I got a chance to actually hear the album with no distractions. It's a 4/5 to me.

Another Convert.
    CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
    StoneColdMikey
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Yeeeeezus was super dooodooooo

• nj2089nj2089 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Kanye got 2 classics
  • zkatserezkatsere Posts: 11
    No
    Kanye isn't a rapper (in the general sense); he's an artist. The artist grows, you either follow or you don't. You either enjoy the changes or you don't. I am quite certain that he can make another College Dropout/LR/whatever former album you love again if he wants. I just believe that he wants a new sound on each album, to evolve as an artist. I think Kanye is the closest comparison to a decades-spanning group/artist as you can get right now- you may not love everything from him but he will always give you something different. While I didn't love everything from Yeezus, I can't wait to hear what comes next.
    JDSTAYWITITStoneColdMikeyLebong JamesMr.LV
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,664 Regulator
    *shrugs* I'd agree with Kanye having 4 outta 6 classic albums.... in terms of impact, sheer artistry, I wouldn't say one would be wrong. Yeah he's weak lyrically but so is Dr.Dre & we don't dispute his catalog....

Yeezus will become a "cult classic", it has a huge cult following on the internet, niggas got a religion for it, a currency for it, and even a movie dropping to commemorate it. Production-wise you can already see niggas stealing elements of it (Isaiah's new mixtape EP, A$AP Rocky, Big Sean, Danny Brown, Mac Miller, etc.), as much as I make fun of Ye he's a surrogate father to a lot of these new niggas.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    SuperSoakerStoneColdMikeyLebong JamesCJ
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,664 Regulator
    And btw I think Yeezus was trash, I'd take 808s over Yeezus but that's me....
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    achewon87aneed123Lebong JamesDOPEdweebz
  • georgia boigeorgia boi Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think fallen off. His music has just taken a different direction. I don't like the new music he's made (anything after MBDTF) for the most part. I still think MBDTF is dope, but I forget he released the GOOD music compilation (Cruel Summer) and there's some songs on Yeezus that I don't care to ever re-visit again.

• za'kissza'kiss Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Lyrically, I think he's fallen off horribly. Musically and artistically, I think his career has been a constant climb.
    2eg413t.gif
  • he's doing it on purpose he's makin wack shit to make everybody think he's lost it meanwhile he's got ill joints waitin to be released in the chamber. but i'm staying the fuck away from future rap records "produced by rick rubin"
    SuperSoaker
  • kingblaze84kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopPosts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yeezus was not a bad album but it makes it seem like he's fallen off a bit. I know the talent is still there, he just has to motivate himself to do better next time. Production of Yeezus wasn't great and his lyrics seemed a little lazier compared to past albums but I know the talent is in there
  • K_FisherK_Fisher Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he is too pre-occupied with himself at the moment to focus on his music but make no mistake that man is an artistic genius.

StoneColdMikey
  • onthaflyonthafly Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Don't know about ya'll but I was feelin the tracks on Yeezus. Not a classic but it wasn't bad. With the exception of that swaghili line, I'm in it was the shit.
    Help out a struggling white family - http://www.gofundme.com/no11vs

or

Support our troops - http://www.gofundme.com/nodk0o
    Built 4 cuban linxStoneColdMikey
  • mr.octobermr.october Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Every 1 has an opinion but he has yet to fall off actually he's gonna be up there in goat discussion when it's all said n done. Hate him love him don't matter he's a talented dude n a smart business man. His personality is part of what makes him appealing n appalling. Ye is the most polarizing rapper since pac really. I remember u either hated or loved pac when he was alive, hardly an in between. Same thing with ye imo. They say things that are true but they don't come off sensible all the time. Love that he's unfiltered but sometimes u be like damn I wish he kept that 2 himself he going to far. I respect it cuz we need mainstream stars not being pc all the time n pushing buttons cuz they got that outlet 2 say it right or wrong they should use it while people care 2 listen
    Mr.LVKamPushMe
  • GunTownGunTown Posts: 3,489
    Yes
    Yes he definitley has 808's, Watch The Throne and Yeezus were terrible albums. He never was a good song writer or had good lyrics. His best asset was always his Flow and his ability to sample. He has fell of as a producer as well. He hasn't made a classic album since College Dropout
    Top 10 Greatest Of All Time Hip-Hop Artists/Musicians

1. Eminem
    2. Z-Ro
    3. B.o.B
    4. DMX
    5. 50 Cent
    6. Kid Cudi
    7. Max B
    8. Devin The Dude
    9. Rich Homie Quan
    10. Wiz Khalifa

2v9r808.jpg
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    that nigga got Kim Kardashian pregnant. he wack af now
  • GunTownGunTown Posts: 3,489
    Yes
    Lacks content and depth for the most part and his deepest album 808's is his worst album and 1 of the worst albums in history
    Top 10 Greatest Of All Time Hip-Hop Artists/Musicians

1. Eminem
    2. Z-Ro
    3. B.o.B
    4. DMX
    5. 50 Cent
    6. Kid Cudi
    7. Max B
    8. Devin The Dude
    9. Rich Homie Quan
    10. Wiz Khalifa

2v9r808.jpg