Crowd Chants: Fair or Foul?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
Do you think that crowds that chant other wrestlers names during matches, like "CM Punk" or "Daniel Bryan", during the Orton/Batista matches, are foul for doing so?

They chant things that have nothing to do with the match or segment, it's been happening really often lately. (even over on NXT)

I follow a few wrestling pages on FaceBook and one of the groups has been talking about fans and their chants during matches/segments. They seem to think that it is selfish and wrong to do so.

Currently, the RAW that will take place in Chicago has gone viral. They want to "highjack RAW" and are using social media to spread the awareness that any fans attending RAW in Chicago need to chant for Punk and Bryan only.

Are the fans unappreciative?

Do they ruin matches and segments?

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its kinda getting outta hand now, i can see why it happened the night after mania, and i can see why it happens during a match weve seen over and over, but ? gotta give the match a chance to be a dud first lol, randy orton/big show at survivor series is an example of a segment that shoulda been hijacked, but now ? starting to chant during slow periods of matches we actually wanna see! the cena orton match was something no one wanted to see again but lets be honest, was it really bad enough to have we want diva's chants?!
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some people take it too far. I have no problem with them ? on a bad match or segment but just like with the "what" chants they don't even give it a chance to suck before the chanting begins. Wait for the ? to suck first at least.

If the timing of the chants were better I'd be fine with it. Chant at Randy, Cena, Batista, HHH somebody like that. Leave Wyatt, Reigns and guys like them alone, they can't make decisions and have no control over what's goin on. I understand booing Rey at the rumble because anyone other than Daniel Bryan was gonna get booed regardless of status, but it's time to chill now.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, it's like, I'm split.

On one side, I feel like it's right for the crowd to voice tier opinions and let the WWE know that we're tired of their stale product. The same matches, same champions, same outcomes etc..

But then, I also feel like it's ? . Granted, we are given ? sometimes, but overall, I think the WWE has been going a different route. Punk had a lengthy reign, Shield was built strong, Wyatt family same, Bryan is definitely getting a ? load the limelight, Cesaro is getting a push (seemingly), Ziggler would've been champ but had a concussion etc...

It's really been a run for the WWE Universe but it's not enough.

People want to see Ziggler, Bryan, Punk, Cesaro, Shield, Wyatt's all rule and be champs with no sight of Orton, Cena, Batista etc..

So, like I said, I'm split.

I see how it is fair but then foul.

We can't accept the product for what it is.
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    at the last pay per view when the wyatts spoiled cena's match, the crowd was chanting " thank you wy-atts (clap clap, clap clap clap)

that was extremely rude lol
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I've seen renegade chants as far back as I remember but the post-Mania 29 crowds have been outrageous at times. I think it made sense for that particular crowd but all the wannabes since have been rude without reason many times. Just clearly wanting to put themselves over.

That's what WWE gets though for having that idiot Michael Cole say "NOW TOP THAT WWE UNIVERSE" everytime they would show clips from the post-Mania Raw from last year. They encouraged the ? and now are trying to tame a monster they helped create. So with that said if something is boring by all means have at it. They pay good money to sit through that ? they don't always have to be sheep lapping up everything WWE feeds them.

People weren't chanting during Reigns/Wyatt because they weren't Bryan. People were chanting because it was a boring ass match and those guys still have a ways to go before putting on a compelling singles match together. Maybe I would've just chanted "BORING!" instead of trying to put myself over with "HUSKY HARRIS" chants. Especially when the guy has been doing a good job for years now with his repackaged gimmick and is entering his prime in the main roster.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I've seen renegade chants as far back as I remember but the post-Mania 29 crowds have been outrageous at times. I think it made sense for that particular crowd but all the wannabes since have been rude without reason many times. Just clearly wanting to put themselves over.

That's what WWE gets though for having that idiot Michael Cole say "NOW TOP THAT WWE UNIVERSE" everytime they would show clips from the post-Mania Raw from last year. They encouraged the ? and now are trying to tame a monster they helped create. So with that said if something is boring by all means have at it. They pay good money to sit through that ? they don't always have to be sheep lapping up everything WWE feeds them.

People weren't chanting during Reigns/Wyatt because they weren't Bryan. People were chanting because it was a boring ass match and those guys still have a ways to go before putting on a compelling singles match together. Maybe I would've just chanted "BORING!" instead of trying to put myself over with "HUSKY HARRIS" chants. Especially when the guy has been doing a good job for years now with his repackaged gimmick and is entering his prime in the main roster.

Yeah, that stuff is old as ? . That type of ? disrupts the product in a way that doesn't help anyone.

I'm all for chants that make sense, even if they are a bit rude as long as it fits the situation. Back In 2006 during a Batista vs Big Show match on WWECW the crowd chanted "change the channel", that was mean as ? but I'll be damned if it wasn't relevant, the match was trash and both guys were ? afterwards but they sucked and they deserved to hear about it.

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That raw in Chicago DVR
  • Ol' Fred
    Ol' Fred Members Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

ol' fred co-sizzles wit dis cause dem fans are fukin up da bray wyatt character which is a hell of a lot betta & a improvement than da husky harris character! plus the fans need to stop doin' ? wit da segments,they can do they chants when the ? lookin' terrible,but atleast give it a muthaphukkin chance!

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Better to have fans who force the situation than WWE shove it down the fans throats.

#fanswinning
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean there is a cause and effect they shoved Cena/Orton down our throats year after year what do they expect. It used to be Cena sucks chants, but now they've gotten nastier. Why? cause nothing has changed. Same 'ol ? ..It looks like their starting to get used to it. The boos don't even look like they bother Cena.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    King Lee wrote: »
    I mean there is a cause and effect they shoved Cena/Orton down our throats year after year what do they expect. It used to be Cena sucks chants, but now they've gotten nastier. Why? cause nothing has changed. Same 'ol ? ..It looks like their starting to get used to it. The boos don't even look like they bother Cena.

after one night stand , cena dont give a ? lol thats the last time ive seen him truly bothered by a crowd
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    what happens if chants that rival DB's yes like "? yous" "Chris Benoit" or "insert diva sucks ? " chants break out what will happen? will they black out raw or just dead the audio for tv watchers?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man if the rumors about punk arent true, and some bs happens, ? might trash the ring lol
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Another thing fans can do .. Stop showing up for the shows and stay home. As long as youre paying for it the drug dealer aka WWE got you. The product imo still aint where I want it so they will never get a dime from me.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it's perfectly fair. It's just the fans way of voicing their opinion and letting the WWE know that they're not satisfied with the product that's being forced down their throat. They call anybody with a differing opinion a member of the IWC(internet wrestling community) and discount our opinions like we're not real people and fans are getting sick of it. I've even heard the undertaker discredit the fans opinions as if he and the WWE know what the fans want more than the fans do because they've been in the business for so long. I personally stopped watching when CM Punk walked out.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    If i were a heel ill use that crowd interact with them and troll, ? would be goat and may get me over
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They do it because people can talk about it now. It's some copycat ? going on right now. Even if WWE gave the fans exactly what they want, they'll still chant ? just to hear themselves. It was funny but now it's pretty stupid. I just love how the wrestlers try to ignore it.