Self driving cars by 2020... (Opinions?)

Options
YC11
YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
They are predicting by 2025 to 2030, autonomous cars will completely take over all else, of course you have the option to drive it yourself as well. Enough articles and videos on self driving cars, won't be linking them up in this thread.

Drop ur opinions.

Comments

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im good. I rather have full control of my whip
  • YC11
    Options
    True, takes away the whole point of driving from drivers perspective. Still tho, driving yourself will be an option given anyway. You can read a book, text, eat, ? , sleep while being driven in your own car. Kinda scary still, also possibility of car being hacked.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in soviet Russia, car drives you
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw I'm good. Last thing I need is a computer glitch @ 80mph.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that.... They get mad and irobot us or break and crash
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my new ? pretty much drives itself..
    i put it on cruise control and the ? keeps itself in the lane even on bends and keeps pace with the car ahead if its goin slower then the set speed..

stop and go traffic it stops itself as well.. a lil too close for my comfort tho..

and when im drivin and textin amd start veering into the wrong lane.. the car pushes itself back over.. scared the ? out of me first time it happened. lol

they say 2020 i can see it happennin in the next 2-3 yrs..
  • YC11
    Options
    Yeah they already have self parking as well as piloted parking where car drives itself in and out of the parking lot and you can control that through iPhone app. As far as self driving they already have it done with cars that drove over 300k already, just tweaking here and there until they are ready for mass production. I'm still not gonna buy first year productions, will wait couple yrs after, they'll have to go through more polishing and tweaking for sure within first couple yrs of it coming out.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options