DC: Rebirth

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's not new 52 Brainiac or any incarnation of Braniac in that picture. Also the Brainiac behind all this isn't New 52 Brainiac neither. It's the giant Brainiac from Future's End that is actually rumored to be the original pre-crisis Brainiac from the late 50's. Just evolved.
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has the Joker returned? If so what are they doing with the whole face cut off stuff
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    Options
    Cause I saw a preview for a batman endgame solicitation
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has the Joker returned? If so what are they doing with the whole face cut off stuff

Apparently he dosed the entire Justice League with Joker venom and had them attack Batman. Think Snyder is building this up for Joker's grand return from Death of the Family.
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    Options

Apparently he dosed the entire Justice League with Joker venom and had them attack Batman. Think Snyder is building this up for Joker's grand return from Death of the Family.

Will his face be intact. Because on the preview it shows like it was normal looking?
  • Broddie
    Options
    Scott Snyder didn't even bother to explain why Joker had his face cut off in the storyline he was supposed to explain it in. I doubt he even addresses that during this Endgame (which is the return of The Joker) garbage altogether.
  • Broddie
    Options
    From newsarama
    DC's CONVERGENCE Week One: Donna Troy, Oracle, Married Superman, Montoya Question,

DC has announced the first week’s worth of Convergence two-issue miniseries via CBR Tuesday morning, and it’s a doozy, with a heavy pre-52 focus. Basically everyone you’ve been missing is there, with some related creative teams to boot. It also sounds like the villains of the piece will be called the Extremists, and like most of the marooned heroes from other realities and Earths will have been on Blood Moon for at least a year when the mini-series begin.

Yes, during Convergence we’ll see things like Stephanie Brown Batgirl working alongside Cassandra Cain Black Bat and Tim Drake in Cowl no-wings Red Robin costume. Wally West and Linda Park-West are married and have their kids in tow. Superman and Lois Lane? Also married, and she’s pregnant, too (don’t tell the Joker, Injustice fans, am I right?). Ray Palmer and Ryan Choi team-up. ? Grayson and Barbara “Oracle” Gordon get married in a book written by Gail Simone. Donna Troy tries to help armless and childless Roy Harper (okay, maybe he can be left behind when this is all over). An all-female Justice League? Sure sounds like it. Greg Rucka writes The Question - starring Renee Montoya.

Yeah, this is going to be fan service on a pretty consistent basis.

SUPERMAN
    Writer: Dan Jurgens
    Artist Lee Weeks and Dan Jurgens/Norm Rapmund
    Superman and Lois deal with the impending birth of their child as he is called in to protect the city.

convergence-superman-int.jpg?1415718163

THE ATOM
    Writer: Tom Peyer
    Artist: Steve Yeowell / Andy Owens
    Ray Palmer finds that Ryan Choi is still alive. Together,
    they meet and confront Deathstroke, the man responsible for “killing” Choi, before fighting the invading Extremists.

theatom.jpg?1415723236

BATGIRL
    Writer: Alisa Kwitney
    Artist: Rick Leonardi and Mark Pennington
    After a year in the dome, Stephanie Brown is not sure she wants to be Batgirl again. But when Flashpoint Catman attacks, Red Robin and Black Bat call her back into service.

convergence-batgirl-int-cbr.jpg?1415716277

NIGHTWING/ORACLE

Writer: Gail Simone
    Artist: Jan Duursema and Dan Parsons
    ? Grayson and Barbara Gordon reevaluate their relationship under the dome (wedding!), but Flashpoint Hawkman & Hawkwoman attack, and everything changes.

nightwingoracle.jpg?1415723298

SPEED FORCE
    Writer: Tony Bedard
    Artist: Tom Grummett and Sean Parsons
    Wally West and his kids are separated from Linda, which was bad enough, but when the dome falls, Flashpoint Wonder Woman comes for them.

convergence-speed-force-int.jpg?1415718192

TITANS
    Writer: Fabian Nicieza
    Artist: Ron Wagner and Jose Marzan
    Starfire and Donna Troy come to get Roy Harper who has gone into seclusion since the death of his child and loss of his arm, but then Arsenal has to choose between his team and resurrecting his dead daughter.

convergence-Titans-int-cbr.jpg?1415716239

JUSTICE LEAGUE
    Writer: Frank Tieri
    Artist: Vicente Cifuentes
    When Supergirl, Zatanna, and Jade went to Jessie Quick's baby shower, they didn't expect to be taken to another planet for a year, or to be attacked by Flashpoint Aquaman.

Convergence-Justice-League-int-cbr.jpg?1415716255

QUESTION
    Writer: Greg Rucka
    Artist: Cully Hamner
    Two-Face is fighting another world's Harvey Dent, and it's up to Renee Montoya as the Question to help him beat the odds.

convergence-question-int.jpg?1415718176

BATMAN & ROBIN
    Writer: Ron Marz
    Artist: Denys Cowan and Klaus Janson
    Bruce Wayne and Damian have friction with Red Hood before the Extremists attack.

Convergence-Batman-Robin-int-cbr.jpg?1415716291

HARLEY QUINN
    Writer: Steve Pugh
    Artist: Phil Winslade and John Dell
    Harley Quinn is enjoying her normal life under the dome until Catwoman and Poison Ivy draft her to fight Captain Carrot.

convergence-HarleyQuinn-int-cbr.jpg?1415716307
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    Options
    Fzd1auH.jpg

Was this a actual comic?
  • Broddie
    Options
    Yeah it's called Injustice. That was the end of year one.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Scott Snyder didn't even bother to explain why Joker had his face cut off in the storyline he was supposed to explain it in. I doubt he even addresses that during this Endgame (which is the return of The Joker) garbage altogether.

I stand corrected

troaIKD.jpg
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    Options

I stand corrected

troaIKD.jpg

Looks more sadistic
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    Options
    Right under his nose with that one. Fooled the batman
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm trying to catch up on all the current DC stuff...but why are the "Flashpoint" heroes attacking?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I stand corrected

troaIKD.jpg

I don't get it
  • Broddie
    Options

I stand corrected

troaIKD.jpg

I don't get it

That's the cover for the next issue in the story.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    The implying of Joker as the Devil is interesting
  • Broddie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So Dan DiDio has been doing the press rounds for Convergence. His interview with newsarama is particularly interesting. These were the best parts.

On the role Convergence plays across the greater DCU.
    I want people to understand that this is not just something that's a drop in the center of the line, and everything stops and then starts up again afterwards. It's quite the opposite.

What's going on in the New 52 and the stories right now feed very nicely into the main Convergence storyline.

And it also leads into other things coming out of it as well. So it's integral to what's going on in the DC Universe right now.
    it's not just about the generational characters and long-time fans coming back to see them, but really something that plays to all audiences, including the New 52 audience.
    When we launched the New 52, it was a rather harsh ending to the current universe. We did the Flashpoint story, which led us into the New 52, but you never got that sense of closure, like you did with other events.

When you look at things like Crisis on Infinite Earths and Zero Hour, the characters that changed, you saw the character change occur and it sort of brought closure to certain books and characters and stories.

We never did that with the pre-Flashpoint DC Universe. And there are a lot of interesting character beats and stories that we felt were still worth revisiting. So we're telling those stories, but we're also presenting characters in a way that I felt would intrigue fans.

These aren't just leftover stories from pre-Flashpoint. These stories are as if we're joining their lives, later down the line, to see what happened to them.

And then, more importantly, how it fits into the grander scope of things.

And ultimately, you know, we're leaving every door open everywhere. We want to see what the reaction is, where the excitement is… because our goal is to reach as many people as possible. So the more people who get excited about ideas, the more that we'll go back and see whether or not there's this viable option on how to really capture whatever interest they're showing in those characters.

Why Convergence is just another extension of DC since the creation of the multiverse back in the Silver Age
    Before Crisis on Infinite Earths, we had multiple worlds, multiple interpretations. We had imaginary stories. We had all these different things that basically allowed us to do multiple interpretations of our characters, under the auspices of continuity.

Then when Crisis happened, we said no more multiverse, but then all of the sudden, lo and behold, "Elseworlds" emerges. And that's where we began to tell all the new stories with alternate characters and alternate storylines and alternate interpretations.

Then after Infinite Crisis, we brought the Multiverse back, and wouldn't you know it, we went back out and showed different worlds.

So I think, just because of creativity, storytelling in the medium that we're in, we're never going to be able to hold it that tight anymore.

I think one of the things we talk about is this need to catalog or number every world. Or understand where they sit next to each other, and that's something that people push for more these days.

But what we do is, if there's an important story to tell with our characters that can't be told in the normal confines of the way people perceive them right now, then we want to be able to give our writers and artists as much freedom as possible to tell those different interpretations. And whether it's an "Elseworlds" or a Multiverse or whatever, we're going to find ways to tell those stories.

We have characters that have existed for dozens of years — for 75 years or more — and what audiences want to see is the true expansiveness, and see those characters true at the core, but see how else you can interpret them to give them different challenges.

And I think the audience is hungry for that. [Next week], you'll see the Multiversity Guidebook. That lays out the entire Multiverse in that Guidebook. And pieces of that and worlds you see in there will play into Convergence.

The main goal for Convergence
    In 2015, it's my hope that, as we bring the generational aspects of the DC Universe together, that we bring the multiple fans in together with Convergence — that there might be fans coming back in because they see something they remember from the past of DC, and we can bring them together with the new people that have really jumped on board and embraced the New 52.

And what we're going to do right now is really make a commitment to our stories and characters, to make sure we present our characters in ways that are consistent to people's beliefs of them, and telling stories that we feel will entertain, excite and surprise them. If that's something we can do, then we win, because we build a foundation from which we can continue to build stories for years to come.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got lotta catching up to do..

All of Injustice..

When did Joker cut his face off? What series or issue?
  • Broddie
    Options
    A random scene in the first storyline of the New 52 Detective Comics. Which was garbage and not even worth tracking down.

The important thing is that The Joker is back to having a face again. You're good enough just jumping into the current story. Scott Snyder's Batman book is not my cup of tea personally. I just read Detective Comics, Batman & Robin and Batman '66 when it comes to Batman. A lot of people do like it though and they seem to be enjoying the current Joker story much more than the previous one (Death in the Family) which IMO was pretty mediocre and a key reason why I dropped the book.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm new to all this ? , so I have no clue what's considered good and bad.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    This Amazo virus storyline in JL is pretty good. I'll be glad when the trades I ordered come in so i can catch back up with Batman and Robin. Bruce and his son both having super powers is trill
  • Broddie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Except Batman's powers will be a temporary thing that won't be seen outside of this Justice League arc. While Robin's superpowers are permanent for the time being.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Yeah, still it was pretty cool to see. Lol Snyder got some fan boys in their feelings because of the origin he's hinting at with Joker. I thithink it's another red herring anyway though