DC: Rebirth

Options

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, still it was pretty cool to see. Lol Snyder got some fan boys in their feelings because of the origin he's hinting at with Joker. I thithink it's another red herring anyway though
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    History of the Multiverse

2lu6y9s.jpg

a3z5p0.jpg

zxqubr.jpg

359fx9t.jpg

qyikxg.jpg

2v95i4n.jpg

2chlyxl.jpg
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    11awghc.jpg

Free book if you want to know how to catch up on DC universe.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, still it was pretty cool to see. Lol Snyder got some fan boys in their feelings because of the origin he's hinting at with Joker. I thithink it's another red herring anyway though

I don't think it's a red herring, I actually like that angle...also it makes sense to there why there always must be a "dark knight" of some sort in Gotham. Also there could be some interesting angles with Joker and the Court of Owls..could see how far back the Court knew about Joker.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just picked up Batman Eternal vol 1. First Batman comic. Can't wait to get into it.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Decided im gonna start buying comics again in June when DC adds all those new titles and their current Arc ends. Probably a good point to jump in on. Probably only going to be buying DC titles also, will prolly download Marvel titles. Oh and ill get a few Image comics too of course. But i was looking through all my old comics and i want to start collecting again.
  • nujerz84
    Options
  • Broddie
    Options
    Just caught up with the latest Aquaman story (Maelstrom). Got Arthur's mom straight up styling on him.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Scott Snyder and his red herrings... I don't think anybody really believed Cluemaster's lame ass was the kingpin in Eternal anyway. I kind of expected
    Owlman since he hasn't been seen since Court of Owls
    He was do for a reappearance.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Anybody plan on picking up the beginning of Convergence next week?
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Anybody plan on picking up the beginning of Convergence next week?

Yeah man as DC head its a must imo
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    0 issue of Convergence laid the groundwork for what's going to go down pretty good in my opinion. I did feel a little at a disadvantage toward the beginning since I haven't read Superman: Doomed. I'll probably only purchase 3-4 of the tie-ins.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    DC gets no love on the IC.. DC>Marvel
  • Broddie
    Options
    Week 1. I'm ready.

301qdjk.png
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this seems like a good time to start paying attention to comics again.
  • nujerz84
    Options
  • lord nemesis
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Only tie in i copped today was Batman and Robin. Think imma go back and get Justice League
  • Broddie
    edited April 2015
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    DC gets no love on the IC.. DC>Marvel

That's because a lot of the posters on here are on that "my ? is bigger than yours" ? which is a played out mentality when it comes to fandom. A lot of posters here are also very trendy. Once the DC movies start coming out and really gaining traction with the mass audience watch how many of them will act like Marvel Studios wasn't holding them down all of a sudden and start ? on Marvel movies. Which is wrong.

It's like it's impossible to like both or something. This coming from someone who hasn't even watched or plans on ever watching any Marvel Studios movie since The Avengers (A Hulk solo and Doc Strange being exceptions).

I grew up on both Marvel and DC Comics. With a preference towards DC but nevertheless when Marvel puts something out that catches my eye whether it's comic books or otherwise I don't hesitate to check it out.
  • Broddie
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Only tie in i copped today was Batman and Robin. Think imma go back and get Justice League

I heard that book was awful from the people who did check it out over at CBR so I didn't really give it a chance. I would've blindly bought it if it was ? Grayson as Batman though but Bruce and Damian team up seems kinda superflous to me considering that I already read Batman & Robin and they also didn't have much of a dynamic as Batman and Robin before Flashpoint.

Justice League was pretty great though. In my top 3 from week 1 along with Superman and Speed Force. It was great to see Jesse Quick, Jade, Vixen and the Mera who was married to Aquaman and had her son murdered by Black Manta again. Also as someone who has missed the old Zatanna and Supergirl their inclusions was a stroke of genius as well. It was pretty cool of them to decide on an all female roster for this book. Made it feel pretty fresh.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

I heard that book was awful from the people who did check it out over at CBR so I didn't really give it a chance. I would've blindly bought it if it was ? Grayson as Batman though but Bruce and Damian team up seems kinda superflous to me considering that I already read Batman & Robin and they also didn't have much of a dynamic as Batman and Robin before Flashpoint.

Justice League was pretty great though. In my top 3 from week 1 along with Superman and Speed Force. It was great to see Jesse Quick, Jade, Vixen and the Mera who was married to Aquaman and had her son murdered by Black Manta again. Also as someone who has missed the old Zatanna and Supergirl their inclusions was a stroke of genius as well. It was pretty cool of them to decide on an all female roster for this book. Made it feel pretty fresh.

It did and that was indeed a contributing factor of why it wasn't any good.
  • Broddie
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yeah I figured.

Really looking forward to seeing pre-crisis Batman with The Outsiders and early post-crisis Batman again during this event though. I really miss those versions of the character.
  • Broddie
    edited April 2015
    Options
    New Batman revealed:

KuFXvBv.jpg

So it's Jim Gordon with a mustache shave and a Bane haircut. Don't know why he's now looking like a felon but if that's informing where this status quo is going (no ****s are being given just pure experimentation) then I guess I'll give it a shot and not drop 'tec after all.

I initially thought if it was Gordon it would be the same old Jim trying to "redeem himself as Batman" for some reason or another since I don't read Batman Eternal or Snyder's Batman. Which would've been kinda boring. But this seems to be more wacky and metatextual ("dumbest idea in the history of Gotham" lol) then I had expected. Might even pick up Snyder's book again for the first time in almost 2 years to see him take on something more original that he can experiment a lot more with for once. Maybe he will finally start having some real fun on that book.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    New Batman revealed:

KuFXvBv.jpg

So it's Jim Gordon with a mustache shave and a Bane haircut. Don't know why he's now looking like a felon but if that's informing where this status quo is going (no ****s are being given just pure experimentation) then I guess I'll give it a shot and not drop 'tec after all.

I initially thought if it was Gordon it would be the same old Jim trying to "redeem himself as Batman" for some reason or another since I don't read Batman Eternal or Snyder's Batman. Which would've been kinda boring. But this seems to be more wacky and metatextual ("dumbest idea in the history of Gotham" lol) then I had expected. Might even pick up Snyder's book again for the first time in almost 2 years to see him take on something more original that he can experiment a lot more with for once. Maybe he will finally start having some real fun on that book.

I'll take a wait and see approach. Eternal was about Jim as much as it was about Bruce so it'll be interesting to see where the aftermath takes him
  • Broddie
    Options
    My week 2 haul.

2a5dapl.png

As an 80's baby who came of age in the 90's this week is pretty special because a lot of my favorite incarnations of certain characters & groups are finally back (Ie: Green Arrow, Batman, Steel, JLI, Superboy and Catwoman). It's especially refreshing to see post-crisis Selina again since I hate New 52 Catwoman quite a bit so I've been avoiding new Catwoman stories for years now.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    It was good to see Jean Paul Valley again. He was one of the poster children for the over-designed super violent antiheroes of the 90s