Who are your top 5 players in the NBA right now..

Options

Comments

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    The trade thing i understand if some people don't like how that went down fine but..that doesn't take away that he hasn't been beasting this season. This team is just so damn inconsistent and melo has been the only one carrying the squad most nights.
    He's having a career year in rebounds and still getting buckets and bringing it every night. The bias is waaay to much for no reason.

As the best player of that team and the "leader" don't you think he should take responsibility for the way the team is playing? Kobe had a ? team back when Shaq left.. What he do? He willed his team into the post season.. Mcgrady played with a bunch of scrubs in Orlando.. What he do? He willed his team into the playoffs. Melo has a far superior team around him in a eastern conference that is as weak as it's ever been and they are sitting in 11th place smmfh. In 10 years in the league he has only won 3 playoff series. Dude has the worst playoff win percentage of all time!! FOH!! He's overrated plain and simple.

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That same kobe team that was up 3-1 and said ? it? The season isn't even done yet so knicks can still get it and I said the team is bad and unlike last year we don't have all our shooters this year so the offense is even worse. In and out injuries and Mikes bad adjustments as well as dudes just mentally checking out some games has lead to where we are now.
  • iron man1
    Options
    Tmac hasn't even made it past the first round and the rockets team made it further when he was injured then when he played miss me with that ? .
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    Disrespecting the ? out of melo smh FOH with this thread. He went every year in the playoffs against teams that eventually won the title or went to the finals if we basing this list off success Klove should be no where near anyones list cause he has yet to be in the playoffs.

for real

k love be looking so fatherless in the 4th quarter when he know his shot is off

remind me of myself growing up when the landlord would come banging on the door for the rent and we had to stay quiet so we could trick him into thinking we werent home---thats kevin love in crunch time

you wanna talk about disappearing my man not even getting double teamed most the time (if ever) either which is surprising to see since hes a superstar

how melo is considered overrated but kevin love not when his only worth is on the offensive side of the ball which is pretty much him jacking up 3s/long contested 2s and put backs is something i will never understand

"Fatherless" tho?

Pffft.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    That same kobe team that was up 3-1 and said ? it? The season isn't even done yet so knicks can still get it and I said the team is bad and unlike last year we don't have all our shooters this year so the offense is even worse. In and out injuries and Mikes bad adjustments as well as dudes just mentally checking out some games has lead to where we are now.

You don't get it do you? The fact that his team is fighting to get into the post season.. Only to once again lose in the first round is a ? joke. If Orlando T Mac had his roster in this eastern conference there's no way they miss the playoffs let alone lose in the first round. He's the best player on that team and their leader by default and if your gonna call the guy a superstar which he clearly isn't he has to take responsibility for the Knicks failing not just this season but since he's been there. ? your excuses.

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You don't get it do you? The fact that his team is fighting to get into the post season.. Only to once again lose in the first round is a ? joke. If Orlando T Mac had his roster in this eastern conference there's no way they miss the playoffs let alone lose in the first round. He's the best player on that team and their leader by default and if your gonna call the guy a superstar which he clearly isn't he has to take responsibility for the Knicks failing not just this season but since he's been there. ? your excuses.

You keep bringing up TMac like he was beating thru the playoffs.....His first two post season appearances he swept by the hornets and knicks....then got beat down by the bucks in one series then he thought he was going to the second round when they had the pistons 3-1 but they failed to advance...bruh just stop your melo hating it's making no sense what so ever
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

You keep bringing up TMac like he was beating thru the playoffs.....His first two post season appearances he swept by the hornets and knicks....then got beat down by the bucks in one series then he thought he was going to the second round when they had the pistons 3-1 but they failed to advance...bruh just stop your melo hating it's making no sense what so ever

It's not hate those are facts. If you wanna debate about T Mac that's a argument for another day but I like how you isolated that part of my post to respond to and ignored the rest.. nice tactic smh. Wins and loses are what separates the really good players from the greats. Melo isn't in the same class as KD/Westbrook/Kobe/Lebron hell even Harden and Dwight have had more post season success then he has.

• greenwood1921
    Options

Werd. Tmac is the epitomy of early playoff fail. smh.

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? don't know basketball plain and simple.

plus this forum is like high school.

cats can't form they own opinions so they just follow others so that they can fit in. the knowledge is lacking on even the basic concepts of sports. most ppl are here for entertainment opposed to actually discussing sports.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not hate those are facts. If you wanna debate about T Mac that's a argument for another day but I like how you isolated that part of my post to respond to and ignored the rest.. nice tactic smh. Wins and loses are what separates the really good players from the greats. Melo isn't in the same class as KD/Westbrook/Kobe/Lebron hell even Harden and Dwight have had more post season success then he has.

What?....you do realize the win and loss argument is more of a team effort not individual players....All those players had success in their careers but they didn't do it by themselves either
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh, someone says "melo is overrated", ok i dont agree but i understand and respect that

but melo aint top 10 and saying love, aldridge and stressbrook better, but then bringing in postseason success, come on bruh gtfoh, and i like all 3 of those guys n/h but they aint done the lil ? that melo did, its cool to not like bruh but stop disrespecting his actual accomplishments and bringing up players that have done less as better
  • iron man1
    Options
    i could've sworn westbrook and durant were on the same team and were able to grow and improve together hmm guess not. Bottomline ? outta here with that top 10 ? with kevin love or aldridge none of them players even been to the wcf much less finals and once again melos nuggets went up consistently against LA or spurs both teams who held that trophy.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    smh, someone says "melo is overrated", ok i dont agree but i understand and respect that

but melo aint top 10 and saying love, aldridge and stressbrook better, but then bringing in postseason success, come on bruh gtfoh, and i like all 3 of those guys n/h but they aint done the lil ? that melo did, its cool to not like bruh but stop disrespecting his actual accomplishments and bringing up players that have done less as better

Those players have been in the league half as long as melo so ill give it a little more time before I call Love and Westbrook
    Out. Aldridge has just caught a bunch of bad breaks with Oden and Roy being injured for the majority of his prime but now that he has some help his team is playing great basketball. I don't dislike melo I just hate that people put him on this pedestal when he doesn't deserve it. Lebron was far more successful and had just as many accomplishments then melo before he won his first ring yet people still gave him ? but for some reason melo evades the scrutiny. Dwight gets ? on by the media almost on a nightly bases but if you look at his resume it's superior to Melos but if you ask anyone who had the better career they would respond "Carmelo" without even hesitating. He's a great scorer and he's even a fun player to watch but that's about it..

• greenwood1921
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    ? don't know basketball plain and simple.

plus this forum is like high school.

cats can't form they own opinions so they just follow others so that they can fit in. the knowledge is lacking on even the basic concepts of sports. most ppl are here for entertainment opposed to actually discussing sports.

Whoever come here for entertainment need to drink bleach and chase it with rat poison. ASAP.

It can be entertaining at times but if you take the sports out of the equation then I'm out (word to me not posting in any other forum.)

Co-sign the high school ish tho.

Nikkas thinking you got something against them because you call'em out for saying dumb ? .

Those the same nikkas that used to think their high school coaches never gave them PT because they "playing favorites."

Nah, nikka, you just trash. lol
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Disrespecting the ? out of melo smh FOH with this thread. He went every year in the playoffs against teams that eventually won the title or went to the finals if we basing this list off success Klove should be no where near anyones list cause he has yet to be in the playoffs.

The 04 T wolves,06 Clippers,10 Jazz,11 celtics and 13 pacers didn't go to the finals.You're just emotional
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

for real

k love be looking so fatherless in the 4th quarter when he know his shot is off

remind me of myself growing up when the landlord would come banging on the door for the rent and we had to stay quiet so we could trick him into thinking we werent home---thats kevin love in crunch time

you wanna talk about disappearing my man not even getting double teamed most the time (if ever) either which is surprising to see since hes a superstar

how melo is considered overrated but kevin love not when his only worth is on the offensive side of the ball which is pretty much him jacking up 3s/long contested 2s and put backs is something i will never understand

"Fatherless" tho?

Pffft.

lol yea i might have went a little too far with that but it was for lack of a better term

506175703.gif?1327879192

but this the look im talking about lebron expression

no strong male role model in the household ?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i could've sworn westbrook and durant were on the same team and were able to grow and improve together hmm guess not. Bottomline ? outta here with that top 10 ? with kevin love or aldridge none of them players even been to the wcf much less finals and once again melos nuggets went up consistently against LA or spurs both teams who held that trophy.

So explain why melo has been in a weaker east and got swept in '11 to a team that didn't go to the finals,lost in 5 in '12,lost to a lower seed last season(for the 3rd time in his career) to another team that didn't go to the finals and this year the knicks 14-15 games under .500 in an terrible east.I can somewhat understand in the west not advancing cuz that conference has been tougher for years but the east?

Explain that
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't say melo ain't a superstar though..
  • iron man1
    Options
    @tommy i know ya game my man you not baiting me lol
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Don't say melo ain't a superstar though..

whose saying this?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Let's say Melo went to the Bulls, who would be the best player on that team? Would it be the guy that scores the most and puts the casual fans in the seats, or is it the guy that anchors the best defense in the league, the guy that will lead the team in assists (if Rose isn't on the floor), the guy that will lead the team in rebounds, the guy that will lead the team in blocks, the guy that the team will rally around and go to war for, a guy that won't walk away from the team when things aren't going his way, which guy would it be? Because a lot of y'all sound upset or surprised Melo isn't in everyone's top 5, but unless we're talking about scoring that ? is far from a lock
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't really say Melo not top 5 but something don't sit right with me bout him not being able to make the playoffs in the East this year

If Chicago can do what they doing, really no excuse
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's say Melo went to the Bulls, who would be the best player on that team? Would it be the guy that scores the most and puts the casual fans in the seats, or is it the guy that anchors the best defense in the league, the guy that will lead the team in assists (if Rose isn't on the floor), the guy that will lead the team in rebounds, the guy that will lead the team in blocks, the guy that the team will rally around and go to war for, a guy that won't walk away from the team when things aren't going his way, which guy would it be? Because a lot of y'all sound upset or surprised Melo isn't in everyone's top 5, but unless we're talking about scoring that ? is far from a lock

are u implying that joakim noah is a better player?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

are u implying that joakim noah is a better player?

Why are you asking that like I'm saying something outlandish? The better question is you would pick Melo over Noah if you had a choice?
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    craziest stat i ever saw was last year or two years ago i forget it was game 7 of the finals and melo still lead the playoffs in fga