Who are your top 5 players in the NBA right now..

Options
12346»

Comments

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's say Melo went to the Bulls, who would be the best player on that team? Would it be the guy that scores the most and puts the casual fans in the seats, or is it the guy that anchors the best defense in the league, the guy that will lead the team in assists (if Rose isn't on the floor), the guy that will lead the team in rebounds, the guy that will lead the team in blocks, the guy that the team will rally around and go to war for, a guy that won't walk away from the team when things aren't going his way, which guy would it be? Because a lot of y'all sound upset or surprised Melo isn't in everyone's top 5, but unless we're talking about scoring that ? is far from a lock

are u implying that joakim noah is a better player?

Why are you asking that like I'm saying something outlandish? The better question is you would pick Melo over Noah if you had a choice?

A top 3 scorer in the league who is the best rebounder @ his position and hasn't missed the playoffs to date Vs a offensively challenged center that really brings nothing but intangibles to the table.... If you pick Noah that's like picking Rodman over Barkley
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's say Melo went to the Bulls, who would be the best player on that team? Would it be the guy that scores the most and puts the casual fans in the seats, or is it the guy that anchors the best defense in the league, the guy that will lead the team in assists (if Rose isn't on the floor), the guy that will lead the team in rebounds, the guy that will lead the team in blocks, the guy that the team will rally around and go to war for, a guy that won't walk away from the team when things aren't going his way, which guy would it be? Because a lot of y'all sound upset or surprised Melo isn't in everyone's top 5, but unless we're talking about scoring that ? is far from a lock

Why are you asking that like I'm saying something outlandish? The better question is you would pick Melo over Noah if you had a choice?

This is my stop.. Your on your own with that one bruh... lol

• TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melo has never been a top 5 player
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

A top 3 scorer in the league who is the best rebounder @ his position and hasn't missed the playoffs to date Vs a offensively challenged center that really brings nothing but intangibles to the table.... If you pick Noah that's like picking Rodman over Barkley

Blu what the ? were you thinking? That had to be the worst comparison you could of possibly come up with, for one they play the same position, we're talking about a sf and a center, and if anything Melo is more comparable to Rodman, like Rodman Melo needs to join a team like Chicago and give them his offensive ability, the way Rodman gave them his defensive and rebounding ability, they don't fit that leadership role the team would still be Noah's like it was Jordan and no I'm not comparing Noah to Jordan I know how you ? love to flip ? when your getting sonned in a debate

• its....JOHN B
    Options

I'm not defending you dog for one your copying and pasting my posts, 2nd I been knew you were a casual fan since your top 10 players in the nba polls leaving out guys like Dirk and Duncan...like isn't the point of playing is to win championships? I think some of yall are just proud your teams are fun to watch and actually making the playoffs, 3rd your getting sonned in this thread

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

Blu what the ? were you thinking? That had to be the worst comparison you could of possibly come up with, for one they play the same position, we're talking about a sf and a center, and if anything Melo is more comparable to Rodman, like Rodman Melo needs to join a team like Chicago and give them his offensive ability, the way Rodman gave them his defensive and rebounding ability, they don't fit that leadership role the team would still be Noah's like it was Jordan and no I'm not comparing Noah to Jordan I know how you ? love to flip ? when your getting sonned in a debate

No it's not, Barkley was a oversized SF but was labeled a PF b/c of his bully ball style of play and good rebounding ability Melo is the same (besides being labeled as a PF even tho he plays a lot of PF).. Barkley was pretty much all about offense and was extremely lazy on D and his physical condition again same with Melo...

Barkley led the Sixers to some pretty bad seasons after Moses and Dr.J left even tho his numbers were great (kinda like Melo with NYK) until he got the prefect cast around him in Pheonix to make his push to the Finals (which would be the same for Melo if he went to the Bulls) there are a lot of similarities with Melo and Barkley (including being in the same draft with the best player of both their generations) ..Noah and Rodman both are just energy guys who do the ? work but loves doing it, if u needed a offensive run or must have basket it wouldn't be smart to go to either of them (Rodman/Noah)
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited March 2014
    Options

I'm not defending you dog for one your copying and pasting my posts, 2nd I been knew you were a casual fan since your top 10 players in the nba polls leaving out guys like Dirk and Duncan...like isn't the point of playing is to win championships? I think some of yall are just proud your teams are fun to watch and actually making the playoffs, 3rd your getting sonned in this thread

Lmao who the ? do you think you are? Please find the post I "copy and pasted" and if I was getting sonned.. then why co sign me doggy? I get it.. your sad I didn't have your back.. but Noah vs Melo?? Smh good luck.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Because ur saying something outlandish.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

lol good job putting yourself in the casual category
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i put myself in the casual category because i dont think joakim is better than melo? and because i dont agree with a bleacher report article(i like they site i just disagree wit that)

there no doubt joakim is killing it right now, brings intangibles and heart, good passing big man, great defender, but whether u think melo elite or not, there is no way in hell he is not a better player to build a team around than noah, noah right now imo is a great starting role player, u dont just get ? like melo in the draft and put them around noah like noah a number 1 guy, u put pieces like noah around superstars like melo

the fact u say noah is better than melo and tell me im casual is atrocious irony lmao....
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    i put myself in the casual category because i dont think joakim is better than melo? and because i dont agree with a bleacher report article(i like they site i just disagree wit that)

there no doubt joakim is killing it right now, brings intangibles and heart, good passing big man, great defender, but whether u think melo elite or not, there is no way in hell he is not a better player to build a team around than noah, noah right now imo is a great starting role player, u dont just get ? like melo in the draft and put them around noah like noah a number 1 guy, u put pieces like noah around superstars like melo

the fact u say noah is better than melo and tell me im casual is atrocious irony lmao....

WTF? Quote me saying Melo isn't elite, you wont be able to, and I put you in the casual category not because you disagree, but because you think me saying a player that will probably win dpoy, an all first team defender and who should make the all nba first team if he doesn't he was robbed is better than Melo is outlandish...that put you in the casual category, that whole building around Melo over Noah is your opinion, its a head scratcher but your opinion nonetheless
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    we just gon have to agree to disagree, and ima just have to keep on laughing at u calling me casual, because that ? is outlandish, as ? , noah ballin out right now tho.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wish i could get into this debate but i cant say ? bout my dog jo that puts him in a bad light but i will say this noah is proof that nba players like everyone else in their 20s do a lot of maturing over a few years

? is hard to believe that a few years ago joakim was such a problem his own teammates voted to suspend him
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Noah ain't the best center in the league and as well as he's playing isn't the best big man this season. Dwight is having his best year since 09. First team all NBA? Stop it..
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people still have thia perception that melo only scores non basketball watching ass ? stop looking at stats and watch a few games ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited March 2014
    Options
    word, i still am baffled people would actually consider noah better a better player than melo, i mean dude is balling right now but ? , dude barely top 5 center in the league imo, i guess its the assist numbers that make him better? or his heart?(cuz ? like to act like melo has none), i wonder if ? felt this way about marc gasol last year
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

TALK to em.

BiZt3x9CEAAY6lq.jpg

Role player leading his team to wins.While the superstar has his team 13-14 games under .500 in the east.Bu but but but he's leads all nba sf's in rebounds!!!

Noah leading his squad to wins
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Damn Noah a better number 1 option then Carmelon, who knew?!
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

TALK to em.

BiZt3x9CEAAY6lq.jpg

Role player leading his team to wins.While the superstar has his team 13-14 games under .500 in the east.Bu but but but he's leads all nba sf's in rebounds!!!

Noah leading his squad to wins

? its the coach and the band of players they have not to say its not noah help but its more the coach than anything
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    carmelon though?

I saw somebody put caramelo awhile back too..