The Oppo 7 The smartphone to crush all smartphones?

black caesar
black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
On March 19, the Oppo 7 will be unveiled to the world. This phone will come in two models, will have a 50 mexapixel camera. (damn!!) Snapdragon 801 (snapdragon 800 for the 1080 version) removable battery, and 3gb of RAM (2gb for the 1080 version)

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing earth shattering about that outside of the 50 megapixel camera. Everything else is pretty much the same as what we see with the Sony Xperia Z2.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im rocking my note 3 to the end, 50 megapixels to upload on the web is pointless.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Seen it. Imma wait to see the stability b4 I purchased it but only heard great things about it.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phone is pretty impressive
  • black caesar
    Oppo has launched the Find 7, an impressive new smartphone with a 1440p display and a PureView-challenging camera which can take 50-megapixel images. After plenty of teaser images and leaks, Oppo revealed the phone at an event in Beijing, and as we’ve come to expect from the manufacturer, it’s a tech powerhouse.

Oppo has actually launches two Find 7 models, the Standard and the Premium. We’ll deal with the latter first. The screen measures 5.5-inches, on to which a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels has been squeezed. This gives an astonishing pixel density of 538ppi. It’s the second phone to be unveiled with such a high pixel count, after the Vivo XPlay 3S, despite rumors we’d see several more – including the Galaxy S5 – boasting a 1440p panel at Mobile World Congress.

A Sony Exmor RS camera with 13-megapixels is fitted to the back of the Find 7. Oppo has added what it calls Super Zoom, a software feature which crosses Nokia’s PureView tech with a traditional burst mode. The camera takes 10 pictures in rapid succession, keeps the four best images, then stitches them together into one monster, 50-megapixel shot. Like PureView, you can zoom in to reveal a high level of detail. Other camera features include 4K video recording, a dual-LED flash, slow-motion video, and a 5-megapixel front camera.

Oppo has chosen Qualcomm’s 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 processor to power the Find 7 Premium, just like new Sony Xperia Z2, along with 3GB of RAM. The choice of processor also means the Find 7 is Oppo’s first 4G LTE phone. There’s 32GB of internal memory, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, MaxxAudio Mobile sound technology, and a battery which will charge up to 75 percent capacity in only 30 minutes. The operating system is Oppo’s Color OS 1.2, based on Android 4.3.

The Find 7 Standard, or Find 7 Lite as it will be known in some countries, replaces the 1440p screen for a 1080p panel, and the processor becomes a Snapdragon 800 with 2GB of RAM. There’s only 16GB of storage space, and 2GB of RAM. Otherwise, the spec is the same. It’ll be cheaper too, at $500 unlocked, while the Find 7 Premium will cost $600. Oppo will start selling the latter at the end of April, a month after the basic model goes on sale.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    phpb39b3p.jpg

Oppo released its Find 7 smartphone in Asia with a 2K screen along with specs that the rumour mill would have trouble imagining. Now the rest of the world is getting a version of the device in the watered down Find 7a. For €399 in Europe (about £330) and $499 in the US it's still a lot of phone for the money.

While the Oppo Find 7 comes with a 5.5-inch 538ppi display running a 1440 x 2560 resolution, the Find 7a comes with a less amazing but still impressive 5.5-inch 1080 x 1920 (401ppi) screen.

The Find 7a does have the latest Snapdragon 801 processor running at 2.3GHz. But unlike the Find 7's 3GB of RAM the Find 7a has a more standard 2GB onboard. It will come with 16GB storage plus a free 32GB microSD for those that pre-order. Pre-orders also come with a spare battery and Easy-Cover case.

The Find 7a sports a 13-megapixel rear camera and impressive 5-megapixel front facing shooter. Users will able to create the stitched 50-megapixel shots that the Find 7 can manage but apparently not 4K video.

A 2800mAh fast-charging battery will power the Find 7a's Color operating system which is based on Android Jelly Bean.

Users can pre-order the Oppo Find 7a in black or white now, for €399 in Europe or $499 in the US, with shipping starting in late April.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's actually a very good phone for the price. There are far inferior phones out there at much higher prices off contract.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty good throw ins for the preorder too.

32gig sd card, a case & a spare battery
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eligible for a new phone on 4/30. might have to get this.
  • black caesar
    edited April 2014
    So where do you order the phone at? Here's the link:

http://oppostyle.com/14-find-7
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've seen the teasers and we've seen the leaks, so it's about time to see the real thing. Oppo has finally unveiled the Find 7 in Beijing just now, and as promised, this Android 4.3 device really can take 50-megapixel photos! But as with many things in life, there's a catch here: the sensor is actually a 13-megapixel Sony IMX214 CMOS, so it's a software trick. Still, the results we saw earlier were surprisingly good, so read on to check out how it's done and what the rest of the phone is like.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    I was somewhat intrigued by the features and specs of this phone. to the point of even potentially considering it to be the next flagship i purchased. however upon further reading, there is one thing i came across that just absolutely sucked all of that momentum away and something i cant seem to get by. and thats the fact that they are using an archaic partitioning system that pre-allocates apps an allotted space of only 3gb. now see i could live with the phone just running on 4.3 jelly bean and the color os. but 3 ? gigs?? in 2014 that is unequivocally pathetic. and there's no particular way i can even try to look at that as being of any use to me. why they arent using unified storage like every other flagship phone in modern times is downright baffling.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oppo been making the best bluray player for years phone prolly gonna be fire. May not catch on to the masses tho.