New Al Qaeda propaganda video uses Malcolm X speech for recruitment (good idea or not?)

cobbland
cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in The Social Lounge

**From 10:13 on down**
Al Qaeda has used a slickly produced video with audio from Malcolm X to announce the upcoming launch of a new English-language on-line terror magazine called “Resurgence.”

If the magazine is launched, it will mark the first English-language publication from the central branch of the terror group. Al Qaeda’s media wing, as-Sahab, which released the 80 second video on the internet this weekend, has for years released messages from senior leaders of the terror group like Ayman al-Zawahiri.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/al-qaeda-announces-new-english-language-terror-magazine-n48531

Comments

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    The AlQaeda affiliates are killing Black people in Libya as we speak. Any ? that signs on with them is stupid
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smart move for Al-Qaeda, I don't support them but this is definitely a smart move to recruit Black American jihadists or those who like Malcolm X himself
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malcolm X wasn't about what Al Qaeda is about. He wanted his people free and later in life he wanted to bring all people together. Al Qaeda just wants to spread their religion even if other Muslims don't agree with them.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Malcolm X wasn't about what Al Qaeda is about. He wanted his people free and later in life he wanted to bring all people together. Al Qaeda just wants to spread their religion even if other Muslims don't agree with them.

Agreed but as a pure advertising move, it doesn't hurt at all. Malcolm X, next to Muhammed Ali (maybe more so) is probably the most beloved American Muslim out there dead or alive. There are plenty of Americans, especially in the Muslim community, who hate America so this is good strategy. Unless Shaq gives a speech dissing America, I can't think of a better Black American Muslim Al-Qaeda would use
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Agreed but as a pure advertising move, it doesn't hurt at all. Malcolm X, next to Muhammed Ali (maybe more so) is probably the most beloved American Muslim out there dead or alive.
    got to say that Ali is more loved than Malcolm, to be honest

• kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    janklow wrote: »
    Agreed but as a pure advertising move, it doesn't hurt at all. Malcolm X, next to Muhammed Ali (maybe more so) is probably the most beloved American Muslim out there dead or alive.
    got to say that Ali is more loved than Malcolm, to be honest

You're likely right. Ali has said plenty of anti-American stuff but I guess Malcolm fits the more radical label Al-Qaeda wants from a famous person at this time
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what kind of question is this..
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    You're likely right. Ali has said plenty of anti-American stuff but I guess Malcolm fits the more radical label Al-Qaeda wants from a famous person at this time
    Ali is a lovable old boxer so no one really cares when he says crazy stuff (or, i suppose, cares anymore)

• kingblaze84
    janklow wrote: »
    Ali is a lovable old boxer so no one really cares when he says crazy stuff (or, i suppose, cares anymore)

Lol yeah. He said some pretty harsh ? about America in the sixties, all things I would agree with but for him to be so loved in America media today would have been unthinkable in the 60s and even 70s