That Nintendo, Big N, Ninty, Wii U & 3DS thread (R.I.P. Wii U)

Options

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    Here is an IGN review for luigi U:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZWUI-kaEcw

? looks fun
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My wii u is dope. I Bought the windwaker edition, I have Mario 3d world and the wonderful 101, any rec?

if youre into fighting games then tekken tag 2 wii u edition is awesome. Darksiders 2 is a great action adventure game.

rayman legends is the goat 2d platformer.
  • Alkinduz
    Options

seems interesting:

Dead Pixel Entertainment Announces Sync, A Wii U Exclusive FPS Inspired By Metroid Prime

Posted Thu 20th Mar 2014 18:30 by Damien McFerran
    N-sync?
    "How can we innovate an otherwise dull genre?"

Indie studio Dead Pixel Entertainment has lifted the lid on Sync, a first person shooter for the Wii U eShop which aims to channel the spirit of Metroid Prime and provide a AAA experience at a budget price.

Speaking to Nintendo Enthusiast, Dead Pixel shared some details on this new title, as well as its other project, Starbeast. Sync is set in a sterile world dominated by robots, and won't hand-hold the player too much — Dead Pixel is keen to allow players to find their own way in this immersive environment.

Here are some more details, straight from the horse's mouth:

Sync is a Sci Fi First Person Adventure similar to the Metroid Prime series. We, at Dead Pixel, believe anyone who loves the Prime series will love Sync for it’s open world gameplay and unique item collection. Players are thrown into a mechanical world where robots have become the dominant species. Players are tasked with locating data stations and uploading a deadly virus to destroy Sync, a computer system, from the inside. Given orders from an unknown group that calls itself Gensys. The player must focus his/her efforts on finding these terminals with little direction to complete their mission.

The screenshot shown above is the result of just two weeks work, and shows that the game already has a distinctive art style. The team expects the game to launch on the Wii U eShop later this year at a price point that will "surprise" gamers.

Starbeast is Dead Pixel's other major project, and is a horizontal shooter with lofty production values.

The team clearly has some grand ideas for its games:

The types of games we plan to make are very artistic in design, also very innovation in mechanics. With Sync (Starbeast and our other games planned) we asked ourselves a very important question: How can we innovate an otherwise dull genre? After finding an answer to that question, we build upon our ideas until we find something unique and fresh then move into production. When it comes to designing games, a lot of people in the industry try and follow trends… we are aiming to create them.

When quizzed on why the studio had decided on the Wii U as its platform of choice, the response was overwhelmingly positive:

We chose the Wii U for that reason exactly. The visuals are fantastic. Control options are limitless. It has the Nintendo Seal of Quality. We believe our games will benefit from the Wii U more so than they will from the PS4 or the XB-ONE.

What do you think of these games? Let us know with a comment
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bought a 3ds recently. Pokemon X was a good play through although it was easy as ? . And the kids on Mario Kart 7 are good as ? .

say bruh, who is that in your sig?

• Alkinduz
    Options
    New mario kart 8 trailer, new features plus rainbow Road back with a vengeance lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=__qp9iPKeNs
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MMM!

That new Mario Kart is love.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New mario kart 8 trailer, new features plus rainbow Road back with a vengeance lol

I simply HATE Rainbow Road!!! Every single one of them, in every single Mario Kart!
  • Alkinduz
    Options

I simply HATE Rainbow Road!!! Every single one of them, in every single Mario Kart!

lmao yeah they can be a total ? ...this One seems even crazier cause of the gravity changes. Prepare yourself brotha, rainbow Road is comingggg

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *can speed through Rainbow Road without droppin' off post*
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ducktales.jpg
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

E9TYVNW.jpg

...Riiiight.

• brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just ordered a Wii U on the strength of that trailer. Rainbow road did it.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ducktales.jpg

E9TYVNW.jpg

...Riiiight.

Ight you ? got me. That was a lie
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »

General general!

now thats the Business!
  • Alkinduz
    Options

Ducktales.jpg

E9TYVNW.jpg

...Riiiight.

Ight you ? got me. That was a lie

Cella, fam, always stand by your ? . This the internet, were all pimpin around these Parts
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hate the rainbow road on Mario kart wii. btw does this mean that Mario kart wii will be obsolete and nobody will be playing it? I hope not because I am no wear near considering buying a wii u. they better come with some big guns like Zelda(I know it's coming anyway) and a 3d donkey kong country were the fight more than birds or whatever bring back the krocks! also wii u better have an impressive 3rd party line up before I even consider buying one.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    ^the game looks nice and boomerang power ups too!?! man that revamped n64 rainbow road put a smile on my face the nostalgia! I most shed a happy tear. i'm reconsidering my decision I just need to save money.
  • brown321
    Options

I hate the rainbow road on Mario kart wii. btw does this mean that Mario kart wii will be obsolete and nobody will be playing it? I hope not because I am no wear near considering buying a wii u. they better come with some big guns like Zelda(I know it's coming anyway) and a 3d donkey kong country were the fight more than birds or whatever bring back the krocks! also wii u better have an impressive 3rd party line up before I even consider buying one.

Bruh third party is never coming back, outside of exclusives Nintendo paid for.
    & you are assed out. Online Wii games end in May.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Bruh third party is never coming back, outside of exclusives Nintendo paid for.
    & you are assed out. Online Wii games end in May.

i'm pretty sure wii u is backwards compatable with wii. to this day I still find 12 player races online. my only concern is that Mario kart u will be a threat and apparently so. meaning I will definitely have to shell out that $299.00 for a wii u
  • brown321
    Options
    ^It don't work like that. this is from their site:

Games and Systems Impacted:
    Wii, Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games that use the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service, will no longer have access to the features listed above. This includes Wii mode on Wii U and Nintendo DS games played on Nintendo 3DS family systems. For a complete list of impacted games, click here.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Mario Kart 8 will have an online mode. Won't be surprised if Smash Bros. ends up with one too.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would get a wii if it was like 150
  • brown321
    Options
    My Wii U comes in tomorrow. I hope they announce a smash demo today.
  • brown321
    Options
    Got My Wii U yesterday 3d world is good & I'm bout to play this Zombie u
    & this Miiverse ? is hilarious. I thought facebook was simp overload.